Bud Poll's Discussions (509)

Discussions Replied To (457) Replies Latest Activity

"When tell a customer it is time to consider a replacement, it is usually something r…"

Bud Poll replied Mar 10 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15
Reply by Steve Waclo

"Question, if you had not made the change and had gone through this deep cold cycle w…"

Bud Poll replied Mar 10 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15
Reply by Steve Waclo

"Here's another, easier, calculator: http://www.residentialenergydynamics.com/REDCalc…"

Bud Poll replied Mar 9 to Field Testing of R values

3 Mar 9
Reply by Bud Poll

"Sorry I'm slow Bob, I'm still back trying to decide if JW's mean temperature vs avg…"

Bud Poll replied Mar 9 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15
Reply by Steve Waclo

"I couldn't help but share this statement posted on a help forum by a frustrated home…"

Bud Poll replied Mar 8 to I say to-may-toes and you say to-mah-toes

6 Mar 15
Reply by Bud Poll

"Yes and no! There is one instrument that sticks a couple of thermocouples against a…"

Bud Poll replied Mar 8 to Field Testing of R values

3 Mar 9
Reply by Bud Poll

"And because it is challenging they choose to use one consistent number.  Doesn't mak…"

Bud Poll replied Mar 7 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15
Reply by Steve Waclo

"A former owner where I did some repair work had evidently tried to keep the rodents…"

Bud Poll replied Mar 5 to How to keep mice, critters from getting into duct insulation that is under a house that is on piers.

5 Mar 13
Reply by Charles Cormany

"Hi Ethan, (my opinion) All wires have a temperature rating and K&T wires were no…"

Bud Poll replied Mar 5 to Insulating with *Updated* (an oxymoron, right!) knob and tube wiring

8 Mar 29
Reply by Ethan Bodnaruk

"Hi Ben, The software is just the proverbial tip of this problem.  Try searching for…"

Bud Poll replied Mar 4 to I say to-may-toes and you say to-mah-toes

6 Mar 15
Reply by Bud Poll

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Tony Rigdon posted a discussion

Placement of 5/8" firewall, over or under foam board insulation?

I'm adding onto my personal residence and since the house is within five feet of the property line,…See More
49 minutes ago
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion Rooftop A/C units and exposed ductwork in the group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"Hi Tom.   As far as media advertising goes for the good RCCs, it really doesnt work well at…"
2 hours ago
Sean Lintow Sr commented on Chris Laumer-Giddens's blog post Mini-Split Heat Pumps are Quirky, Especially their Capacity
"Quick question Chris - the set & forget (for temperature setbacks) is that with any or just…"
4 hours ago
Martin Smith joined Hal Skinner's group
Thumbnail

The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)

A group where energy professionals can learn about all the different energy saving aspects of…See More
6 hours ago
Anthony Cox added a discussion to the group Job Board
Thumbnail

PROJECT MANAGER/BUILDING SCIENCE TRAINER Community Housing Partners Christiansburg, VA

We are hiring and below is link to apply for the position we have available at Community Housing…See More
7 hours ago
Anthony Cox joined Diane Chojnowski's group
Thumbnail

Job Board

This group is for posting jobs related to all aspects of the home performance industry including…See More
7 hours ago
Profile IconBrendan Reid, Brian Keech, Bob Reuther and 1 more joined Home Energy Pros
8 hours ago
Hal Skinner added a discussion to the group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
Thumbnail

Improved acoustics

Some RCCs claim to improve acoustics .  Here are a few examples of ours.…See More
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service