Bud Poll's Discussions (526)

Discussions Replied To (471) Replies Latest Activity

"Hi Kaushal, First step is to understand where you are in terms of energy costs.  If…"

Bud Poll replied Apr 16 to Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

85 May 22
Reply by Kaushal Bharath Raju

"Hi Jim, just to add to your example from another perspective, a capture hood should…"

Bud Poll replied Apr 12 to CAZ Depressurization: NOT a Big Deal?

19 Apr 21
Reply by Glen Gallo

"I can't really tell from the picture, but it would be a shame to go through all of t…"

Bud Poll replied Apr 9 to Best practice recommendations for this vaulted ceiling?

12 Apr 14
Reply by Griffin Hagle

"Hi Griffin, You definitely have a project there and as most undertakings like this g…"

Bud Poll replied Apr 9 to Best practice recommendations for this vaulted ceiling?

12 Apr 14
Reply by Griffin Hagle

"Hi Sandra, I think the realistic approach has to be the score "when manufactured" or…"

Bud Poll replied Mar 21 to HERS Index tracking 5 years or more after construction

18 Mar 27
Reply by Brett Little

"From the GBA article below: "We also took pieces [of mineral wool] and submerged the…"

Bud Poll replied Mar 18 to Best Insulation For Older Building With Potential Moisture

8 Mar 27
Reply by Roy L. Miller

"If you define the drywall as your air barrier, then the felt paper is simply a drain…"

Bud Poll replied Mar 18 to Best Insulation For Older Building With Potential Moisture

8 Mar 27
Reply by Roy L. Miller

"So actually the temperature difference they need to move the air, call it convection…"

Bud Poll replied Mar 18 to Fire sprinklers & air infiltration?

9 Mar 20
Reply by Ed Minch

"Hi Kent, educate me? Since air doesn't always move up through the ceiling plane, sta…"

Bud Poll replied Mar 18 to Fire sprinklers & air infiltration?

9 Mar 20
Reply by Ed Minch

"One of the distinctions Joe makes about the gap above (which I agree with) is a "war…"

Bud Poll replied Mar 17 to Bad floor insulation installation

5 Mar 17
Reply by Bud Poll

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Bud Poll replied to Chad Mcaulife's discussion BPI QCI Cert.
"I can't think of any test I've ever taken where I wasn't able to determine what I…"
15 hours ago
jerry gentile replied to Chad Mcaulife's discussion BPI QCI Cert.
"you are spot on my friend-- during the exam I said this is ridiculous--- I have bpi certs for…"
20 hours ago
Eric Kjelshus commented on Jeremy Begley's blog post The Home Envelope : Does it Really Matter in a Heat Loss Caculation
"IT all matters,  I lot of sealing,  A lot of air barrier.  A lot of "R" A…"
yesterday
Michael Dunseith posted a status
"BPI Infiltration and Duct leakage (IDL) Certified"
yesterday
Jeremy Begley posted a blog post
yesterday
Kim Burnett joined Sean Lintow Sr's group
Thumbnail

Best Practices (Residential)

Best Building, Retrofitting, or even Auditing Practices - what are they, what should change, what…See More
yesterday
Kent Mitchell commented on Adam Swain's blog post Top Worst Crawl Space Insulation Ideas
"Hi Adam - It sounds like you may be referring to enclosed crawlspaces - Here in the NW we've…"
yesterday
peter chang replied to Damien Greenfield's discussion Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?
"I think it is quite possible the greatest savings will be realized by the lowest volume users. I…"
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service