Bud Poll's Discussions (546)

Discussions Replied To (484) Replies Latest Activity

"Hi Trip, I didn't see where you have gone for any certifications.  In Maine doing an…"

Bud Poll replied Aug 8, 2014 to Starting a Home Weatherization Business. Considering it...

12 Oct 4, 2014
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"Hi Stephen, if we don't get a more knowledgeable answer, my blaster experience is ve…"

Bud Poll replied Aug 6, 2014 to Which reading is more reliable on a Minneapolis Duct Blaster?

19 Aug 22, 2014
Reply by Paul Morin

"Hi TJ, I've never recommended it due to the cost benefit of adding the dense pack. …"

Bud Poll replied Jun 19, 2014 to So many homes have poorly installed fiberglass insulation. Have you been successful with a retrofit dense pack cellulose?

5 Jul 5, 2014
Reply by James P. Weingardt

"Hi Morgan, I have admitted my lack of knowledge concerning Manual J and even worse,…"

Bud Poll replied Jun 17, 2014 to Convert BTU/hr in a Manual J to actual fuel usages

13 Jun 19, 2014
Reply by eric anderson

"Hi again, Just to be clear, I wasn't questioning the person who did the MJ work, but…"

Bud Poll replied Jun 15, 2014 to Convert BTU/hr in a Manual J to actual fuel usages

13 Jun 19, 2014
Reply by eric anderson

"Hi eric, Before we can reverse engineer that peak heat loss number from the manual J…"

Bud Poll replied Jun 15, 2014 to Convert BTU/hr in a Manual J to actual fuel usages

13 Jun 19, 2014
Reply by eric anderson

"If 51,000 is your actual heat loss at the design temperature then you need a system…"

Bud Poll replied Jun 10, 2014 to Convert BTU/hr in a Manual J to actual fuel usages

13 Jun 19, 2014
Reply by eric anderson

"Hi Dan, That would be close to correct if every day was at the design temperature. …"

Bud Poll replied Jun 9, 2014 to Convert BTU/hr in a Manual J to actual fuel usages

13 Jun 19, 2014
Reply by eric anderson

"I'll let a pro (which I am not) jump in on the correct adjustment, but you said: "On…"

Bud Poll replied Jun 7, 2014 to Fixing a water heater?

15 Sep 2, 2014
Reply by Steven Turetsky

"Hi Rod, I'm certainly not an expert on this topic, but wanted to let you know someon…"

Bud Poll replied May 27, 2014 to Does altitude affect AFUE? or just the input/output BTUs?

7 Jun 17, 2014
Reply by Rod Fox

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Patrick MacRoy commented on Melissa Ulbricht's blog post How to Optimize On-Bill Financing to Help Illinois Building Owners Invest in Energy Efficiency
"Many of these recommended improvements are included the Clean Energy Jobs bill recently introduced…"
1 hour ago
Susan E. Buchan posted a status
"EEBA 2015 Conference Call for Papers extended! New deadline: 3/6/15 at 5 PM CT Submission details: www.eeba.org/conference/call-for-papers"
1 hour ago
Casey Gesell replied to Casey Gesell's discussion Looking for home improvement companies to join our dealer network!
"Hi Patrick, What is your time frame for relocating? Would you be interested in operating in the…"
3 hours ago
Todd Collins replied to Patrick Michaelyan's discussion Vinyl Siding with Integral Insulation
"Keeping air from getting into the wall assembly is important - so answer to your question air…"
4 hours ago
Sean Lintow Sr replied to Patrick Michaelyan's discussion Vinyl Siding with Integral Insulation
"You might want to check out BSC (Joe Lstiburek) perfect wall assembly As for builders & new…"
4 hours ago
Patrick Michaelyan replied to Patrick Michaelyan's discussion Vinyl Siding with Integral Insulation
"Todd, I've heard much said about this over the years. Quite frankly, my understanding of…"
5 hours ago
Todd Collins replied to Patrick Michaelyan's discussion Vinyl Siding with Integral Insulation
"might want to consider vapor permeability.   Need to move the dew point out far enough to…"
12 hours ago
bill lazar replied to robert jones's discussion Should your local weatherization company be required to have someone BPI certified on their staff?
"all this will be clarified soon with the new SWS guidelines mandated by DOE- but just WZ…"
12 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service