Bud Poll's Discussions (566)

Discussions Replied To (503) Replies Latest Activity

"Hi Ed. Cold air falling due to gravity is real.  Warm air rising by magic is not.  I…"

Bud Poll replied Jan 27, 2012 to The science of hot air rising

141 Sep 26, 2012
Reply by Robert Riversong

"ted, not to offend, but your reply is exactly why we need to make this change.  And…"

141 Sep 26, 2012

"I'll move back to the top to keep this going, but you may need to read all of the ab…"

141 Sep 26, 2012

"If I'm looking at this correctly, you are wanting to collect heat from between two p…"

Bud Poll replied Jan 27, 2012 to Applied Passive-solar Structural Design

48 Apr 2, 2012
Reply by Bill Bradbury

"LOL, that's funny,  I guess that would make covering my house with a radiant barrier…"

Bud Poll replied Jan 27, 2012 to Will it ever be against the law to install a window that reflects sunlight?

3 Jan 27, 2012
Reply by David Meiland

"Hi Jerry, your classic can of worms. Each of us must decide where we will draw the l…"

Bud Poll replied Jan 27, 2012 to CAZ make-up air options

5 Jan 27, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"Tom, it's early morning so maybe I'm not thinking correctly, but if the glass is als…"

Bud Poll replied Jan 27, 2012 to Applied Passive-solar Structural Design

48 Apr 2, 2012
Reply by Bill Bradbury

"Hi Tom, Questions: 1.  How is the heat in this solar room to be used?  Is there othe…"

Bud Poll replied Jan 24, 2012 to Applied Passive-solar Structural Design

48 Apr 2, 2012
Reply by Bill Bradbury

"Hi Pat, Replying to the post above this one, but I began energy consulting before al…"

Bud Poll replied Jan 20, 2012 to Making crawlspaces conditioned space

37 Jan 3, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

"No, the 53% penalty is exactly what they state, but their conclusion is wrong, or at…"

Bud Poll replied Jan 20, 2012 to Making crawlspaces conditioned space

37 Jan 3, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network.

Latest Activity

Alan Gindt replied to Alan Gindt's discussion Minneapolis Blower Door System for sale in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"Hi, Malcolm, Yes, I still have the Minneapolis Blower Door for sale as seen above in picture. If…"
1 hour ago
Malcolm McKelvie replied to Alan Gindt's discussion Minneapolis Blower Door System for sale in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"Hi Alan, is it still for sale?"
4 hours ago
Malcolm McKelvie joined allen p tanner's group
Thumbnail

Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase

Discuss the pros and cons of the equipment you are interested in prior to purchase. Post equipment…See More
4 hours ago
Hannah Finch posted a blog post

Want to Lead a Breakout Session at RaterFest! 2015?

We are adding something new to RaterFest! this year... attendee led breakout sessions on Saturday…See More
15 hours ago
Rod Fox replied to Rod Fox's discussion Does calcification affect electric water heater aquastat temperature sensor performance?
"We're in climate zone 5 (near Santa Fe, NM) where it's dry as a bone. Gonna head to that…"
16 hours ago
Bud Poll replied to Rod Fox's discussion Does calcification affect electric water heater aquastat temperature sensor performance?
"The two 4500 watt elements will never operate simultaneously.  It will be one or the…"
16 hours ago
Rod Fox replied to Rod Fox's discussion Does calcification affect electric water heater aquastat temperature sensor performance?
"Correction to this last posting... This model only operates one element at a time, not two in…"
16 hours ago
"Agreed. Incidentally, I just called tech support at Bradford White (and actually spoke to a…"
16 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service