Bud Poll's Discussions (508)

Discussions Replied To (456) Replies Latest Activity

"From the GBA article below: "We also took pieces [of mineral wool] and submerged the…"

Bud Poll replied Mar 18 to Best Insulation For Older Building With Potential Moisture

8 Mar 27
Reply by Roy L. Miller

"If you define the drywall as your air barrier, then the felt paper is simply a drain…"

Bud Poll replied Mar 18 to Best Insulation For Older Building With Potential Moisture

8 Mar 27
Reply by Roy L. Miller

"So actually the temperature difference they need to move the air, call it convection…"

Bud Poll replied Mar 18 to Fire sprinklers & air infiltration?

9 Mar 20
Reply by Ed Minch

"Hi Kent, educate me? Since air doesn't always move up through the ceiling plane, sta…"

Bud Poll replied Mar 18 to Fire sprinklers & air infiltration?

9 Mar 20
Reply by Ed Minch

"One of the distinctions Joe makes about the gap above (which I agree with) is a "war…"

Bud Poll replied Mar 17 to Bad floor insulation installation

5 Mar 17
Reply by Bud Poll

"First, to clarify, we are discussing a short basement, ie a crawlspace??  Your refer…"

5 Mar 17
Reply by Bud Poll

"Hi Kent, Cutting corners is a practice many have perfected.  But that air gap above…"

5 Mar 17
Reply by Bud Poll

"Hi Bob, from a link in my other thread I caught this quote: On page 8-14 "For ease o…"

Bud Poll replied Mar 15 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15
Reply by Steve Waclo

"Jordan, I gave that link some reading time but I admit my expectations were biased a…"

Bud Poll replied Mar 15 to I say to-may-toes and you say to-mah-toes

6 Mar 15
Reply by Bud Poll

"When tell a customer it is time to consider a replacement, it is usually something r…"

Bud Poll replied Mar 10 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15
Reply by Steve Waclo

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion What this RCC will do on an exterior wall compared to standard paint. in the group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"You might want to check out this discussion in my…"
1 hour ago
Craig Bird replied to Hal Skinner's discussion What this RCC will do on an exterior wall compared to standard paint. in the group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"In this scenario the walls were made of R35 rigid foam. Even if ex-employee of big energy company…"
2 hours ago
Profile IconMary Patterson and Lisa Meaders joined Home Energy Pros
3 hours ago
Sean Lintow Sr replied to Kevin Jordan's discussion air infiltration total
"Sorry I don't have anything handy but pull a search for EqLA equivalent leakage…"
yesterday
Erik Henson commented on Andrew Navolio's blog post MEEA assists with Home Energy Certification programs
"It seems to me like we are trying to re-invent the wheel.  There are several available…"
Saturday
Egr renovations posted a status
Saturday
Craig Bird replied to Hal Skinner's discussion What this RCC will do on an exterior wall compared to standard paint. in the group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"Actually emissivity rating doesn't make much of a difference between coatings because almost…"
Saturday
Tom White posted videos
Saturday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service