Bud Poll's Discussions (518)

Discussions Replied To (465) Replies Latest Activity

"Every contractor out there should be following the energy efficient guidelines, but…"

Bud Poll replied Aug 9 to Starting a Home Weatherization Business. Considering it...

12 Oct 4
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"Hi Trip, I didn't see where you have gone for any certifications.  In Maine doing an…"

Bud Poll replied Aug 8 to Starting a Home Weatherization Business. Considering it...

12 Oct 4
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"Hi Stephen, if we don't get a more knowledgeable answer, my blaster experience is ve…"

Bud Poll replied Aug 6 to Which reading is more reliable on a Minneapolis Duct Blaster?

19 Aug 22
Reply by Paul Morin

"Hi TJ, I've never recommended it due to the cost benefit of adding the dense pack. …"

Bud Poll replied Jun 19 to So many homes have poorly installed fiberglass insulation. Have you been successful with a retrofit dense pack cellulose?

5 Jul 5
Reply by James P. Weingardt

"Hi Morgan, I have admitted my lack of knowledge concerning Manual J and even worse,…"

Bud Poll replied Jun 17 to Convert BTU/hr in a Manual J to actual fuel usages

13 Jun 19
Reply by eric anderson

"Hi again, Just to be clear, I wasn't questioning the person who did the MJ work, but…"

Bud Poll replied Jun 15 to Convert BTU/hr in a Manual J to actual fuel usages

13 Jun 19
Reply by eric anderson

"Hi eric, Before we can reverse engineer that peak heat loss number from the manual J…"

Bud Poll replied Jun 15 to Convert BTU/hr in a Manual J to actual fuel usages

13 Jun 19
Reply by eric anderson

"If 51,000 is your actual heat loss at the design temperature then you need a system…"

Bud Poll replied Jun 10 to Convert BTU/hr in a Manual J to actual fuel usages

13 Jun 19
Reply by eric anderson

"Hi Dan, That would be close to correct if every day was at the design temperature. …"

Bud Poll replied Jun 9 to Convert BTU/hr in a Manual J to actual fuel usages

13 Jun 19
Reply by eric anderson

"I'll let a pro (which I am not) jump in on the correct adjustment, but you said: "On…"

Bud Poll replied Jun 7 to Fixing a water heater?

15 Sep 2
Reply by Steven Turetsky

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Ethan Bukowiec replied to Ethan Bukowiec's discussion Thoughts on energy startup's new propane smart meter
"Wanted to give everyone an update on how things are doing with our Kickstarter campaign. We have…"
9 hours ago
Tom White's video was featured

Unlocking the Power of Grey Water in a Living Building Challenge Home

Rob Nicely, President of Carmel Building & Design talks with Tom Wood, Nexus eWater System's Chief Technology Officer, about Unlocking the Power of Grey Water.
10 hours ago
Griffin Hagle's discussion was featured

You're designing a Home Performance dashboard. Which 6 metrics do you include?

Credit Karma got me thinking about this. For those who are unfamiliar, it's a free* online credit…See More
10 hours ago
Bud Poll's discussion was featured

Inconsistant Local Authority

It becomes frustrating to give people modern advice and then have to backtrack and tell them to do…See More
10 hours ago
w d's discussion was featured

Managing Solar Energy

What's the state of the art on managing solar energy (esp. at the home)?There's surely no…See More
10 hours ago
Ethan Bukowiec's discussion was featured

Thoughts on energy startup's new propane smart meter

Hello,I wanted to introduce you all to a new energy startup I am working with called …See More
10 hours ago
George Kopf's discussion was featured
10 hours ago
John Porterfield replied to Dave Robinson's discussion Can We PLEASE Stop Calling Them “Ductless” in the group 1000 Home Challenge
"Any update on this work?  Seems manufacturers would provide an indoor coil that would…"
11 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service