Bud Poll's Discussions (508)

Discussions Replied To (456) Replies Latest Activity

"Hi Richard, Being a science writer and this being rental units, here is a moral dile…"

Bud Poll replied Aug 23 to Advice for heating a 3-story Vermont home built in 1900?

10 on Thursday
Reply by richard gaughan

"Every contractor out there should be following the energy efficient guidelines, but…"

Bud Poll replied Aug 9 to Starting a Home Weatherization Business. Considering it...

7 Sep 1
Reply by Hal Skinner

"Hi Trip, I didn't see where you have gone for any certifications.  In Maine doing an…"

Bud Poll replied Aug 8 to Starting a Home Weatherization Business. Considering it...

7 Sep 1
Reply by Hal Skinner

"Hi Stephen, if we don't get a more knowledgeable answer, my blaster experience is ve…"

Bud Poll replied Aug 6 to Which reading is more reliable on a Minneapolis Duct Blaster?

19 Aug 22
Reply by Paul Morin

"Hi TJ, I've never recommended it due to the cost benefit of adding the dense pack. …"

Bud Poll replied Jun 19 to So many homes have poorly installed fiberglass insulation. Have you been successful with a retrofit dense pack cellulose?

5 Jul 5
Reply by James P. Weingardt

"Hi Morgan, I have admitted my lack of knowledge concerning Manual J and even worse,…"

Bud Poll replied Jun 17 to Convert BTU/hr in a Manual J to actual fuel usages

13 Jun 19
Reply by eric anderson

"Hi again, Just to be clear, I wasn't questioning the person who did the MJ work, but…"

Bud Poll replied Jun 15 to Convert BTU/hr in a Manual J to actual fuel usages

13 Jun 19
Reply by eric anderson

"Hi eric, Before we can reverse engineer that peak heat loss number from the manual J…"

Bud Poll replied Jun 15 to Convert BTU/hr in a Manual J to actual fuel usages

13 Jun 19
Reply by eric anderson

"If 51,000 is your actual heat loss at the design temperature then you need a system…"

Bud Poll replied Jun 10 to Convert BTU/hr in a Manual J to actual fuel usages

13 Jun 19
Reply by eric anderson

"Hi Dan, That would be close to correct if every day was at the design temperature. …"

Bud Poll replied Jun 9 to Convert BTU/hr in a Manual J to actual fuel usages

13 Jun 19
Reply by eric anderson

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Sean Lintow Sr replied to Kevin Jordan's discussion air infiltration total
"Sorry I don't have anything handy but pull a search for EqLA equivalent leakage…"
14 hours ago
Erik Henson commented on Andrew Navolio's blog post MEEA assists with Home Energy Certification programs
"It seems to me like we are trying to re-invent the wheel.  There are several available…"
yesterday
Egr renovations posted a status
yesterday
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion What this RCC will do on an exterior wall compared to standard paint. in the group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"Craig, It was a test on a refrigerated commercial building.  We used to take temperarure…"
yesterday
Craig Bird replied to Hal Skinner's discussion What this RCC will do on an exterior wall compared to standard paint. in the group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"Actually emissivity rating doesn't make much of a difference between coatings because almost…"
yesterday
Tom White posted videos
yesterday
BMI - Tami Svarfvar's 2 videos were featured
yesterday
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion What this RCC will do on an exterior wall compared to standard paint. in the group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"Craig, here is a list of an index of reflectivity of different colors.  I did not see any…"
Saturday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service