Bud Poll's Discussions (552)

Discussions Replied To (490) Replies Latest Activity

"Building Science Corp has some good information as well.  Here is a link. http://www…"

Bud Poll replied Apr 16 to Slab-on-grade Insulation

7 Apr 17
Reply by Morgan M Audetat

"Adding a variable vapor barrier on the inside is not the solution, although I am unf…"

Bud Poll replied Apr 11 to Dense packed cellulose in basement?

25 yesterday
Reply by norman farwell

"I didn't see your climate zone, but assume you are in cold country with the insulati…"

Bud Poll replied Apr 11 to Dense packed cellulose in basement?

25 yesterday
Reply by norman farwell

"I have to agree with Sean, The "moderately damp" issues need to be addressed before…"

Bud Poll replied Apr 10 to Dense packed cellulose in basement?

25 yesterday
Reply by norman farwell

"I wouldn't go with cellulose as it isn't really good with moisture.  Tell us what yo…"

Bud Poll replied Apr 10 to Dense packed cellulose in basement?

25 yesterday
Reply by norman farwell

"I've removed caulking that was over 30 years old and it outlasted the materials to w…"

Bud Poll replied Mar 27 to Another unvented roof question

4 Mar 28
Reply by randy tolowski

"Hi Tony, I agree with Sean that the foam strips on the bottom of the I-joists may no…"

Bud Poll replied Feb 22 to Vented cathedral ceiling construction advice...

8 Mar 11
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

"Hi Kent, I think the positive pressure option will need to be the choice as air seal…"

Bud Poll replied Feb 19 to smoky neighbor

8 Feb 19
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

"Half the house (guestimate) is already under a positive pressure and at the worst, f…"

Bud Poll replied Feb 18 to smoky neighbor

8 Feb 19
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

"Dale, thanks for the follow up article.  Energy auditors are certainly on the front…"

Bud Poll replied Feb 13 to CO poisoning in Yarmouth Maine

8 Feb 19
Reply by Stan Kuhn

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Steven Lewis replied to William Fisher's discussion Can tankless water heaters provide hot water even when the groundwater is fairly cold?
"Look at reducing the ambient humidity in the home.  The dew point is the key to the…"
22 hours ago
Olivia Taylor posted blog posts
yesterday
norman farwell replied to Bryan Pringle's discussion Dense packed cellulose in basement?
"Ha, we're on the same wavelength.  That's the big question--I'm still thinking…"
yesterday
Bryan Pringle replied to Bryan Pringle's discussion Dense packed cellulose in basement?
"Thanks Norm, we'll have a couple of case studies when all is said and done. Just curious, do…"
yesterday
norman farwell replied to Bryan Pringle's discussion Dense packed cellulose in basement?
"Bryan,  I am trying the same thing for most of the same reasons and also against advice to the…"
yesterday
Morgan M Audetat commented on Sean McLoughlin's blog post Programming in-floor electric radiant heat, is it worth it?
"You would need a large bathroom to see the difference. We install them both ways depending on the…"
yesterday
Dennis Heidner commented on Sean McLoughlin's blog post Programming in-floor electric radiant heat, is it worth it?
"The key is that this is the bathroom.  Occupancy is not constant.  It is more likely used…"
yesterday
Charles Cormany commented on Sean McLoughlin's blog post Programming in-floor electric radiant heat, is it worth it?
"I have seen resistance floor heaters add nearly $100 per month to an electric bill. Since most…"
yesterday

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service