George M. Matthews's Discussions (28)

Discussions Replied To (20) Replies Latest Activity

"Do not lease it from Pawnee leasing. Try to find equipment from a contractor getting…"

George M. Matthews replied Aug 11, 2011 to Energystar V.3 Diagnostic Equipment

8 Aug 11, 2011
Reply by Marshall Newport

"I've got two "pool" clients in Contra Costa County. One is thrilled that he replaced…"

George M. Matthews replied Jul 21, 2011 to How's the water? Managing energy use in Pools.

12 Jul 21, 2011
Reply by Mike Estupinian

"1923 central Berkeley one story two bed, one bath. 5 inches cellulose in attic. No w…"

George M. Matthews replied Jun 13, 2011 to Prevailing insulation levels - what do you see in the field?

5 Jun 14, 2011
Reply by Joseph Lamy

"Here is your fix. Require infrared testing of each job wanting govt money as rebates…"

George M. Matthews replied Jun 11, 2011 to Rebate programs for injection foam? Not sure.

17 Jun 12, 2011
Reply by Erin Buchanan

"Assessed 6.11.11 1954 Tract house, Pleasant Hill, CA 3 inches of cellulose in ceilin…"

George M. Matthews replied Jun 11, 2011 to Prevailing insulation levels - what do you see in the field?

5 Jun 14, 2011
Reply by Joseph Lamy

"I could still use some clarification on the subject. I seem to remember reading that…"

George M. Matthews replied Jun 2, 2011 to Blown fiberglass + blown cellulose

19 Jun 4, 2011
Reply by Joseph Lamy

"George, That is exactly what you want to do, cover the fiberglass and bring it to R3…"

George M. Matthews replied May 31, 2011 to Blown fiberglass + blown cellulose

19 Jun 4, 2011
Reply by Joseph Lamy

"I have a question about how to create a termite viewing area in a PU spray foamed fo…"

George M. Matthews replied May 12, 2011 to Sealing crawlspaces and insulating them with polyurethane foam

16 May 13, 2011
Reply by David Meiland

"My client has a 2300 sf single story house with a perimeter concrete foundation on e…"

George M. Matthews replied May 2, 2011 to Sealing crawlspaces and insulating them with polyurethane foam

16 May 13, 2011
Reply by David Meiland

"My local plumbing supply store just recommended  a Promax GNR 40 in the $500 range w…"

George M. Matthews replied Apr 28, 2011 to Budget Water Heater efficiency upgrades - What works best?

6 May 2, 2011
Reply by Joseph Lamy

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Bill Midgett is now a member of Home Energy Pros
2 hours ago
Hal Skinner replied to Richard Beyer's discussion Spontaneous Combustion and Flash Fire regarding Spray Foam Insulation
"Richard, here is something else that might be pertinent. In my hundreds of conversations with our…"
20 hours ago
Trip posted a discussion

Starting a Home Weatherization Business. Considering it...

I am considering starting a home weatherization business. (I live in Southeast Alabama)  Currently…See More
21 hours ago
Jim Gunshinan commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post My Energy Upgrade California—The Numbers Are In
"To all, one thing I don't lack is advice from the experts! Thanks for the input, challenges,…"
22 hours ago
tedkidd commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post My Energy Upgrade California—The Numbers Are In
"Jim, I'm glad you are open, that's great!  We all learn best when we are open! The…"
22 hours ago
David Eakin commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post My Energy Upgrade California—The Numbers Are In
"Jim, Well, as the editor of Home Energy you should already know that the order of remediation is…"
22 hours ago
Greg Labbe posted a blog post

Technical Tape Desecration

Lets face it – building science is pushing the performance of adhesive tapes to a new levels and…See More
yesterday
Stacy Hunt posted an event

High Performance Enclosure Strategies: Part II, New Construction at Online

August 13, 2014 from 1pm to 2:30pm
Please join the Building America Program for our free webinar: High Performance Enclosure…See More
yesterday
Richard Beyer replied to Howard Katzman's discussion UV lights on filters
"Howard, There are numerous manufacturer's who swear these systems work and then you have the…"
yesterday
Christopher Morin posted a blog post

How do You Test a TXV?

Thermostatic Expansion Valves (TEV or TXV), one of the most popular metering devices for…See More
yesterday
Howard Katzman posted a discussion

UV lights on filters

I recently saw UV bulb installations in 2 HVAC systems in a home. Each system had the Lennox…See More
yesterday
Don Fitchett joined Michael Stuart's group
Thumbnail

INFRARED THERMOGRAPHY USERS

This group is dedicated to knowledge sharing and discussion of infrared thermography for building…See More
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service