Hal Skinner's Discussions (206)

Discussions Replied To (130) Replies Latest Activity

"I found the buildingscience article interesting.  Interesting that they noted the we…"

Hal Skinner replied Aug 30, 2014 to How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?

39 Nov 21, 2014
Reply by Tom Mallard

"Good morning Bud, Took a quick look at the site and a couple others listed on the Ya…"

Hal Skinner replied Aug 30, 2014 to How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?

39 Nov 21, 2014
Reply by Tom Mallard

"I just remembered seeing a report by a federal adency, many years ago, that basicall…"

Hal Skinner replied Aug 29, 2014 to How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?

39 Nov 21, 2014
Reply by Tom Mallard

"Richard, One more quick question that might give a clue if you have insulation in th…"

Hal Skinner replied Aug 23, 2014 to Advice for heating a 3-story Vermont home built in 1900?

10 Sep 11, 2014
Reply by richard gaughan

"Hi Richard. If we are talking a circa 1900 home, is there any insulation in the wall…"

Hal Skinner replied Aug 23, 2014 to Advice for heating a 3-story Vermont home built in 1900?

10 Sep 11, 2014
Reply by richard gaughan

"Hi Andy. The bare metal units on a roof stick out like a sore thumb .  Coating them…"

Hal Skinner replied Aug 22, 2014 to Disguising Ductless Heat Pump Units

11 Aug 22, 2014
Reply by Hal Skinner

"Hi Scott. I dont know of a database that you are referring to.  I was always under…"

Hal Skinner replied Aug 20, 2014 to Database of zip code or county by climate zone

4 Aug 21, 2014
Reply by Scott Katznelson

"I was responsible for training sales people on our RCC and all it's abilities and be…"

Hal Skinner replied Aug 14, 2014 to Sprinkler Mandate Debated.. What do you think should be done?

13 Aug 24, 2014
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

"Hi Richard. I read the first report and some of the second.  Glad it's not all abou…"

Hal Skinner replied Aug 11, 2014 to Spontaneous Combustion and Flash Fire regarding Spray Foam Insulation

10 Aug 13, 2014
Reply by Richard Beyer

"ZERO surface flame spread means flames are not permitted to spread across a material…"

Hal Skinner replied Aug 11, 2014 to Sprinkler Mandate Debated.. What do you think should be done?

13 Aug 24, 2014
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Jerry Lawrence posted events
17 hours ago
Morgan M Audetat replied to Bryan Pringle's discussion Dense packed cellulose in basement?
"Right you are. You have to ask: what will the cellulose contribute.  Here in Minneapolis we…"
18 hours ago
Morgan M Audetat replied to Tony Hicks's discussion Slab-on-grade Insulation
"All slabs float. We have been installing radiant floors on various slab constructions since the…"
18 hours ago
Tony Hicks replied to Tony Hicks's discussion Slab-on-grade Insulation
"2" XPS foam. I'd love an R-20. Having foam thick enough to get an R-20 would be…"
19 hours ago
Morgan M Audetat replied to Larry Schaffert's discussion How to correctly insulate exterior wall in a 1900 house?
"Sorry, I did missed the "siding nailed directly to the framing", my grandfather would…"
20 hours ago
Morgan M Audetat replied to Larry Schaffert's discussion How to correctly insulate exterior wall in a 1900 house?
"My own farm house is sided with 1/2" t&g pine boards and vinyl. We foamed then from the…"
20 hours ago
Tony Hicks replied to Tony Hicks's discussion Slab-on-grade Insulation
"Great thought! I think that would work. I'll have to put the cost together and see where I…"
20 hours ago
Danny Gough replied to Tony Hicks's discussion Slab-on-grade Insulation
"This is a tough detail because the foam on the edge of a slab doesn't provide sufficient…"
yesterday

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service