Hal Skinner's Discussions (193)

Discussions Replied To (118) Replies Latest Activity

"I just remembered seeing a report by a federal adency, many years ago, that basicall…"

Hal Skinner replied Aug 29 to How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?

39 Nov 21
Reply by Tom Mallard

"Richard, One more quick question that might give a clue if you have insulation in th…"

Hal Skinner replied Aug 23 to Advice for heating a 3-story Vermont home built in 1900?

10 Sep 11
Reply by richard gaughan

"Hi Richard. If we are talking a circa 1900 home, is there any insulation in the wall…"

Hal Skinner replied Aug 23 to Advice for heating a 3-story Vermont home built in 1900?

10 Sep 11
Reply by richard gaughan

"Hi Andy. The bare metal units on a roof stick out like a sore thumb .  Coating them…"

Hal Skinner replied Aug 22 to Disguising Ductless Heat Pump Units

11 Aug 22
Reply by Hal Skinner

"Hi Scott. I dont know of a database that you are referring to.  I was always under…"

Hal Skinner replied Aug 20 to Database of zip code or county by climate zone

4 Aug 21
Reply by Scott Katznelson

"I was responsible for training sales people on our RCC and all it's abilities and be…"

Hal Skinner replied Aug 14 to Sprinkler Mandate Debated.. What do you think should be done?

13 Aug 24
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

"Hi Richard. I read the first report and some of the second.  Glad it's not all abou…"

Hal Skinner replied Aug 11 to Spontaneous Combustion and Flash Fire regarding Spray Foam Insulation

10 Aug 13
Reply by Richard Beyer

"ZERO surface flame spread means flames are not permitted to spread across a material…"

Hal Skinner replied Aug 11 to Sprinkler Mandate Debated.. What do you think should be done?

13 Aug 24
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

"Eric, were they wood shingle roofs?  They go up like bombs! The flame spread rating…"

Hal Skinner replied Aug 9 to Sprinkler Mandate Debated.. What do you think should be done?

13 Aug 24
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

"Some Radiant Control Coatings are fire rated and look just like paint.  They can be…"

Hal Skinner replied Aug 9 to Sprinkler Mandate Debated.. What do you think should be done?

13 Aug 24
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Kent Mitchell commented on Tom White's blog post Clean Energy Works Oregon: Total Home Performance
"As a contractor in the region - we frequently wonder how/why you can be a non-profit?  Oregon…"
31 minutes ago
Craig Foley posted a status
"Support the SAVE Act. Legislation would add energy costs to underwriting process. NJ article at: http://goo.gl/f57iGC"
43 minutes ago
Bud Poll posted a discussion

Basing air exchange on house volume??

I have long objected to including a basement volume when calculating air exchange as it just…See More
43 minutes ago
Tom White's video was featured

Twas The Night Before a Clean Energy Christmas

From the foothills of the Rockies, RMI editorial director Pete Bronski reads 'Twas The Night Before a Clean Energy Christmas. Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!
2 hours ago
Tom White's blog post was featured

Clean Energy Works Oregon: Total Home Performance

Clean Energy Works Oregon (CEWO) is the largest nonprofit home performance provider in Oregon,…See More
2 hours ago
j. west replied to billy g pinnick jr's discussion Blower Door Question
"Hi Chad I'm one of the trainers Colin mentioned. Until 8 months ago I was a full time WX…"
2 hours ago
j. west replied to billy g pinnick jr's discussion Blower Door Question
2 hours ago
Colin Genge replied to billy g pinnick jr's discussion Blower Door Question
"I didn't take your comment as a challenge. I agree that his impression of what was occuring is…"
12 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service