Hal Skinner's Discussions (189)

Discussions Replied To (115) Replies Latest Activity

"Kevin, Several years ago I worked closely with a general contractor and a real estat…"

Hal Skinner replied Sep 2 to Does anyone have pointers on approaching real estate industry?

11 Sep 12
Reply by Kevin Jordan

"Hi Aaren. Check out the group below.  Some RCCs are very versatile and can be used…"

Hal Skinner replied Sep 2 to HVAC - Cooling and Heating Load Reduction

1 Sep 2
Reply by Hal Skinner

"Hi Kurt, You can find some information on Radiant Control Coatings in the group lis…"

Hal Skinner replied Sep 2 to Where can I find the best radiant barrier to install under my roof?

16 Nov 1
Reply by Hal Skinner

"Hello again Bud. The ORNL test that determined the R rating of R-0.0083 was based on…"

Hal Skinner replied Sep 2 to How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?

39 yesterday
Reply by Tom Mallard

"Hi Tri,p Your 'Yard sign' comment caught my eye.  I work with a Radiant Control Coat…"

Hal Skinner replied Sep 1 to Starting a Home Weatherization Business. Considering it...

12 Oct 4
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"I found the buildingscience article interesting.  Interesting that they noted the we…"

Hal Skinner replied Aug 30 to How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?

39 yesterday
Reply by Tom Mallard

"Good morning Bud, Took a quick look at the site and a couple others listed on the Ya…"

Hal Skinner replied Aug 30 to How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?

39 yesterday
Reply by Tom Mallard

"I just remembered seeing a report by a federal adency, many years ago, that basicall…"

Hal Skinner replied Aug 29 to How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?

39 yesterday
Reply by Tom Mallard

"Richard, One more quick question that might give a clue if you have insulation in th…"

Hal Skinner replied Aug 23 to Advice for heating a 3-story Vermont home built in 1900?

10 Sep 11
Reply by richard gaughan

"Hi Richard. If we are talking a circa 1900 home, is there any insulation in the wall…"

Hal Skinner replied Aug 23 to Advice for heating a 3-story Vermont home built in 1900?

10 Sep 11
Reply by richard gaughan

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

jerry gentile replied to Chad Mcaulife's discussion BPI QCI Cert.
"you are spot on my friend-- during the exam I said this is ridiculous--- I have bpi certs for…"
2 hours ago
Eric Kjelshus commented on Jeremy Begley's blog post The Home Envelope : Does it Really Matter in a Heat Loss Caculation
"IT all matters,  I lot of sealing,  A lot of air barrier.  A lot of "R" A…"
15 hours ago
Michael Dunseith posted a status
"BPI Infiltration and Duct leakage (IDL) Certified"
20 hours ago
Jeremy Begley posted a blog post
23 hours ago
Kim Burnett joined Sean Lintow Sr's group
Thumbnail

Best Practices (Residential)

Best Building, Retrofitting, or even Auditing Practices - what are they, what should change, what…See More
23 hours ago
Kent Mitchell commented on Adam Swain's blog post Top Worst Crawl Space Insulation Ideas
"Hi Adam - It sounds like you may be referring to enclosed crawlspaces - Here in the NW we've…"
yesterday
peter chang replied to Damien Greenfield's discussion Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?
"I think it is quite possible the greatest savings will be realized by the lowest volume users. I…"
yesterday
Marie Fuentes is now a member of Home Energy Pros
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service