Hal Skinner's Discussions (118)

Discussions Replied To (67) Replies Latest Activity

"Richard, One more quick question that might give a clue if you have insulation in th…"

Hal Skinner replied on Sunday to Advice for heating a 3-story Vermont home built in 1900?

9 on Sunday
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

"Hi Richard. If we are talking a circa 1900 home, is there any insulation in the wall…"

Hal Skinner replied on Saturday to Advice for heating a 3-story Vermont home built in 1900?

9 on Sunday
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

"Hi Andy. The bare metal units on a roof stick out like a sore thumb .  Coating them…"

Hal Skinner replied on Friday to Disguising Ductless Heat Pump Units

11 on Friday
Reply by Hal Skinner

"Hi Scott. I dont know of a database that you are referring to.  I was always under…"

Hal Skinner replied Aug 20 to Database of zip code or county by climate zone

4 Aug 21
Reply by Scott Katznelson

"I was responsible for training sales people on our RCC and all it's abilities and be…"

Hal Skinner replied Aug 14 to Sprinkler Mandate Debated.. What do you think should be done?

13 on Sunday
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

"Hi Richard. I read the first report and some of the second.  Glad it's not all abou…"

Hal Skinner replied Aug 11 to Spontaneous Combustion and Flash Fire regarding Spray Foam Insulation

10 Aug 13
Reply by Richard Beyer

"ZERO surface flame spread means flames are not permitted to spread across a material…"

Hal Skinner replied Aug 11 to Sprinkler Mandate Debated.. What do you think should be done?

13 on Sunday
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

"Eric, were they wood shingle roofs?  They go up like bombs! The flame spread rating…"

Hal Skinner replied Aug 9 to Sprinkler Mandate Debated.. What do you think should be done?

13 on Sunday
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

"Some Radiant Control Coatings are fire rated and look just like paint.  They can be…"

Hal Skinner replied Aug 9 to Sprinkler Mandate Debated.. What do you think should be done?

13 on Sunday
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

"Here is the NIST report I referred to"

Hal Skinner replied Aug 2 to Spontaneous Combustion and Flash Fire regarding Spray Foam Insulation

10 Aug 13
Reply by Richard Beyer

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Christopher Morin posted a blog post
2 hours ago
Bud Poll replied to Bud Poll's discussion Another benefit from air sealing
"That is also one of my concerns about adding new insulation over old.  On a consultation I…"
7 hours ago
Barbara Smith replied to Bud Poll's discussion Another benefit from air sealing
"The only time I was present during dense packing of an attic with cellulose, people who were…"
7 hours ago
Barbara Smith replied to Christopher Talarico's discussion Heating with Tankless Water Heater & Hydronic Air Handler vs. Gas Furnace
"See "Why Pay for Two Condensing Systems When One Will Do?" by Schoenbauer et al…"
7 hours ago
Bud Poll posted a discussion

Another benefit from air sealing

From our perspective air sealing should often be the first step, but when explaining its importance…See More
7 hours ago
Brett Little posted events
9 hours ago
Brett Little's 2 events were featured
10 hours ago
Profile IconSATISH KUMAR GUPTA, Kimberly Loewen, Bob Whelan and 2 more joined Home Energy Pros
10 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service