David Eakin's Discussions (32)

Discussions Replied To (29) Replies Latest Activity

"A vertical curtain will not separate the upstairs from the downstairs. There is a wh…"

David Eakin replied Aug 12 to partitioning open basement area with retractable curtain

2 Aug 23
Reply by Kevin Jordan

"If I were you, I'd look at the liquid-applied and peel-and-stick products (e.g., Sig…"

David Eakin replied Aug 12 to lifespan of air sealing materials

14 Aug 27
Reply by Ed Minch

"It goes back to the project management axiom: Do you want good, quick, or cheap? Pic…"

David Eakin replied Aug 12 to Ventilating Attics- Rafter Vents

5 Aug 12
Reply by David Eakin

"These type vests have been used by motorcycle riders for many years. Consensus is th…"

David Eakin replied May 15 to cooling vests

9 May 17
Reply by Doug Krahl

"Roderick, Sorry - no photos. But it was similar to many other projects easily found.…"

David Eakin replied Aug 5, 2014 to Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?

73 Aug 14, 2014
Reply by Kurt Shafer

"My parents built a split-level house in the '60s that had a large, belt-driven whole…"

David Eakin replied Aug 5, 2014 to Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?

73 Aug 14, 2014
Reply by Kurt Shafer

"I think the comments by Maria and Dennis have some merit for my own situation. I ori…"

David Eakin replied Aug 1, 2014 to Flickering LED lights

22 Feb 5
Reply by nakeme

"I also thought that, but I tried to put a CFL in the A-19 outside fixture at my daug…"

David Eakin replied Jul 31, 2014 to Flickering LED lights

22 Feb 5
Reply by nakeme

"Craig, This will never work with finish carpenters as they have different criteria t…"

David Eakin replied Jun 5, 2014 to Leveraging other trades to get EE

11 Jun 5, 2014
Reply by Craig Savage

"Eric, Yes - you and I are in agreement. My response was more for Kaushal; doing a re…"

David Eakin replied Apr 21, 2014 to Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

85 May 22, 2014
Reply by Kaushal Bharath Raju

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network.

Latest Activity

Eric Guldenstein joined allen p tanner's group
Thumbnail

Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase

Discuss the pros and cons of the equipment you are interested in prior to purchase. Post equipment…See More
9 minutes ago
Diane Chojnowski added a discussion to the group Habitat for Humanity
Thumbnail

Central Missouri Habitat for Humanity "Zero Energy" House

A net zero home in Columbia Missouri. Affordable, efficient, and attractive. Lile Engineering…See More
6 hours ago
Crosbey Archery posted photos
8 hours ago
Benjamin Mailian replied to Kevin Eigel's discussion What is the best energy auditing software?
"This is an old post but it's still very relevant so I thought I'd give our app a mention…"
12 hours ago
Profile IconMarissaCortese, Justin Tyrrell, McHale Insulation and 1 more joined Home Energy Pros
15 hours ago
Diane Chojnowski replied to Jose Macho's discussion Google Sunroof Project- Where Are They Going with Solar?
" "
21 hours ago
Tom White's blog post was featured

Deconstructing and Moving a Historic Home

This spring in New Orleans I hosted “True Tales of Haunted Home Performance,” at the Home…See More
22 hours ago
Tom White posted a blog post

Deconstructing and Moving a Historic Home

This spring in New Orleans I hosted “True Tales of Haunted Home Performance,” at the Home…See More
yesterday

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service