Craig Bird's Discussions (91)

Discussions Replied To (69) Replies Latest Activity

"Any other approaches? Tyvek? Drywall? silly putty?"

Craig Bird replied Jan 23, 2012 to Capping/air sealing, insulating dropped ceilings

4 Jan 31, 2012
Reply by Ed Minch

"I contacted the manufacturer and found that they are UL listed. It was not on the we…"

Craig Bird replied Dec 9, 2011 to Dense pack cellulose in rafters

19 Dec 22, 2011
Reply by Joseph Miuccio

"Sounds like this is done, but for anyone interested, there is a much more cost effec…"

Craig Bird replied Dec 8, 2011 to Dense pack cellulose in rafters

19 Dec 22, 2011
Reply by Joseph Miuccio

"Bud - I think that is what we decided, except I will seal the exhaust fan in tight i…"

Craig Bird replied Dec 8, 2011 to Ventilation for Spray Foam retrofit

3 Dec 15, 2011
Reply by tedkidd

"Oh, another thing...the reason it makes sense in a cold climate is both conduction,…"

Craig Bird replied Nov 15, 2011 to Insulating a garage in hot dry climate?

8 Feb 3, 2012
Reply by Alexander Bell

"I like it. My only question is, is there enough volume to meet the requirements for…"

Craig Bird replied Jun 2, 2011 to Commercial building - relocating thermal/air barrier

9 Jun 3, 2011
Reply by tedkidd

"Isaac - Can you tell me what you mean by "air injection fans". I was assuming we wou…"

Craig Bird replied Jun 2, 2011 to Commercial building - relocating thermal/air barrier

9 Jun 3, 2011
Reply by tedkidd

"The furnaces are installed above the bottom chord of the trusses - so in the attic s…"

Craig Bird replied May 31, 2011 to Commercial building - relocating thermal/air barrier

9 Jun 3, 2011
Reply by tedkidd

"Sorry for the delay in getting back and thank you for the suggestions. While I agree…"

Craig Bird replied Jan 27, 2011 to Design options for conditioned attic retrofit

3 Jan 27, 2011
Reply by Craig Bird

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"II just remembered seeing a report by a federal adency, many years ago, that basically said …"
1 hour ago
Don Fitchett commented on Tom White's video
Thumbnail

Alliant Energy's PowerHouse TV: Sealing Leaky Ductwork

"Very educational. thanks for sharing Tom."
5 hours ago
Hal Skinner posted a discussion

How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?

I am asking this as I do not recall anyone speaking of any study to this end.  Many comments about…See More
5 hours ago

Mike Braun just added their location.
(via Member Map)

6 hours ago
Bud Poll replied to Bud Poll's discussion Another benefit from air sealing
"From my work in NY City many years ago, the critters I saw would never have fit through a quarter…"
9 hours ago
Barbara Smith replied to Bud Poll's discussion Another benefit from air sealing
"Eliminating quarter sized holes can impede rats from entering a building, in areas where rats tend…"
10 hours ago
Casey Murphy is now a member of Home Energy Pros
11 hours ago
Walter Ahlgrim replied to James White's discussion What happened to Home Energy Pro's website?
"Try downloading Google Chrome web browser https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/ I had similar…"
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service