Craig Bird's Discussions (84)

Discussions Replied To (67) Replies Latest Activity

"Not sure of your point in regards to leaving a space. Cavities are filled with foam…"

Craig Bird replied Apr 18, 2012 to Insulating flat roof with 7" cavity with roof tear-off

13 Apr 19, 2012
Reply by Christopher Retzler

"Talking about insulating the roof, not coating stuff on top. The ducts are contained…"

Craig Bird replied Apr 18, 2012 to Insulating flat roof with 7" cavity with roof tear-off

13 Apr 19, 2012

"We would not fill rafter completely due to cost. Foam = expensive and you hit dimini…"

13 Apr 19, 2012

"Problem is Ice Dams.  The home most likely had melting of roof snow which then refro…"

Craig Bird replied Apr 17, 2012 to BPI's April Stump the Chump: What’s Wrong with this Picture?

3 May 15, 2012
Reply by Cierra Mooney

"Some initial concerns over the approach were radiant heat buildup in the air space i…"

Craig Bird replied Apr 17, 2012 to Insulating flat roof with 7" cavity with roof tear-off

13 Apr 19, 2012

"I have sealed this before. IMO, it would be easier to run two beads of caulk on each…"

Craig Bird replied Feb 16, 2012 to Fix this leakage?

2 Feb 16, 2012
Reply by Bud Poll

"Thanks Ed, typically don't have a problem with low end of roof as the run is usually…"

Craig Bird replied Jan 30, 2012 to Capping/air sealing, insulating dropped ceilings

4 Jan 31, 2012
Reply by Ed Minch

"I think the original premise of this thread has gotten pushed aside. I am talking ho…"

Craig Bird replied Jan 27, 2012 to Insulating a garage in hot dry climate?

8 Feb 3, 2012
Reply by Alexander Bell

"Any other approaches? Tyvek? Drywall? silly putty?"

Craig Bird replied Jan 23, 2012 to Capping/air sealing, insulating dropped ceilings

4 Jan 31, 2012
Reply by Ed Minch

"I contacted the manufacturer and found that they are UL listed. It was not on the we…"

Craig Bird replied Dec 9, 2011 to Dense pack cellulose in rafters

19 Dec 22, 2011
Reply by Joseph Miuccio

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

eric anderson replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"This is my no calculations half assed energy based  renovation suggestions- First off,…"
6 minutes ago
Ed Minch commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post Energy Out West 2014
"We have been in the instrumented energy auditing and retrofitting business since 1981 and we have…"
42 minutes ago
Allison A. Bailes III commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post Energy Out West 2014
"Great article, Jim. I run into cynics, too, and not only are they unrealistic, but they're…"
42 minutes ago
Everblue posted events
55 minutes ago
Stephanie@SaveOnEnergy posted a video