tedkidd's Discussions (375)

Discussions Replied To (285) Replies Latest Activity

"Bob, you are plenty smart enough to do your own numbers.  Here's a tool that'll save…"

tedkidd replied Feb 20 to Comparing energy cost break even points

11 Feb 28
Reply by Kurt Albershardt

"BPI provides about half of what they need to provide to be a real value to the consu…"

tedkidd replied Feb 20 to The end of Innovation and beginning of Commoditization of Home Performance

4 Feb 20
Reply by tedkidd

"We insulate our attics to r-60, but r-8 on our ducts is "a lot!"  Heat loss is more…"

tedkidd replied Feb 20 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15
Reply by Steve Waclo

"I agree with you Pat, BPI is making some serious errors.  My angle is a little diffe…"

tedkidd replied Feb 17 to The end of Innovation and beginning of Commoditization of Home Performance

4 Feb 20
Reply by tedkidd

"So Blake, Looks like your answer is "always recommend" as you have no idea or contr…"

tedkidd replied Jan 9 to Crawlspaces in Bay Area

5 Jan 9
Reply by tedkidd

"Here here.  "The house is leaky so the risk is low" is a perspective that needs ni…"

tedkidd replied Jan 3 to CAZ Depressurization: NOT a Big Deal?

19 Apr 21
Reply by Glen Gallo

"lol, awesome post Pat...   Nice job defining what happens when you measure proxies…"

tedkidd replied Jan 3 to How accurate do you think some of the program and policy energy improvement pricing suggestions are?

4 Jan 3
Reply by tedkidd

"It's very important in humid climates.   It may be less important in dry climates,…"

tedkidd replied Jan 3 to Crawlspaces in Bay Area

5 Jan 9
Reply by tedkidd

"Robert, I'm hearing this all over.   I know a lot of people who are letting their c…"

tedkidd replied Jan 3 to Building Analyst Certification Upgrade

8 Jan 3
Reply by tedkidd

"Nice sentiment Bud.   Changing the basic class and making it more complex raises th…"

tedkidd replied Jan 3 to Building Analyst Certification Upgrade

8 Jan 3
Reply by tedkidd

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Mike Kandel added a discussion to the group Building Performance Institute (BPI)
Thumbnail

BPI's Home Energy Auditing Standard Published as ANSI Standard

The Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) is proud to announce that BPI-1100-T-2014: Home…See More
8 hours ago
Mike Kandel posted a discussion

BPI's Home Energy Auditing Standard Published as ANSI Standard

The Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) is proud to announce that BPI-1100-T-2014: Home…See More
8 hours ago
Hal Skinner posted a discussion
9 hours ago
Todd St.Clair joined allen p tanner's group
Thumbnail

Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase

Discuss the pros and cons of the equipment you are interested in prior to purchase. Post equipment…See More
11 hours ago
Todd St.Clair replied to Jim Falakos's discussion Treat Software in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"How long ago did you buy this, if it was good for 5 months? And how much would you take for this."
11 hours ago
Bud Poll replied to Bud Poll's discussion Basing air exchange on house volume??
"Hi Sean, yes I am struggling with this and that is why I opened the discussion, so a definite…"
13 hours ago
Lynda Wright is now a member of Home Energy Pros
14 hours ago
Sean Lintow Sr replied to Bud Poll's discussion Basing air exchange on house volume??
"Sorry Bud but I think you need to clarify your issues with using volumes to calculate ACH As for…"
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service