tedkidd's Discussions (335)

Discussions Replied To (253) Replies Latest Activity

"It's just getting to a year, and will be a tough analysis because they now open the…"

tedkidd replied Nov 1, 2013 to Is my HVAC Guy correct? 2 systems instead of 1 system with Dampers

54 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

"Have you measured the building's leakage? Will a blower door be used for any part o…"

tedkidd replied Nov 1, 2013 to Is my HVAC Guy correct? 2 systems instead of 1 system with Dampers

54 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

"Scotty, Have you considered closed cell spray foam?  Should speed things up and lowe…"

54 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

"HUNH??? Oversizing ductwork?  Is this something they did for zoning 30 years ago?  …"

54 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

"So, 2400 sf square box.   Why, planning on crappy install?  Probably should opt for…"

54 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

"Surface temp.   The thicker the foam, the less likely you'll have condensing surfac…"

tedkidd replied Oct 29, 2013 to Insulation/venting/air barrier for cathedral ceiling

21 Oct 29, 2013
Reply by tedkidd

"These people want tongue in groove, and do not want to install it over drywall.  (Mo…"

tedkidd replied Oct 29, 2013 to Insulation/venting/air barrier for cathedral ceiling

21 Oct 29, 2013
Reply by tedkidd

" "Free Quotes" are expensive enough for contractors that they should try to avoid th…"

tedkidd replied Oct 28, 2013 to Insulation/venting/air barrier for cathedral ceiling

21 Oct 29, 2013
Reply by tedkidd

"Are they paying you for design recommendations?  If not, I'd avoid building a spec l…"

tedkidd replied Oct 28, 2013 to Insulation/venting/air barrier for cathedral ceiling

21 Oct 29, 2013
Reply by tedkidd

"Following on Bud's comments - How you define problems tends to color the approach us…"

tedkidd replied Oct 25, 2013 to Calculating attic ventilation

27 Nov 7, 2013
Reply by Roy L. Miller

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Alice La Pierre replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"Hello Kaushal, While it's true I did some of the finish work myself, I also acted as my own…"
1 hour ago
Kaushal Bharath Raju replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"Thank you Linda for your response; and your generosity in sharing your suggestion and hope. I…"
1 hour ago
Kaushal Bharath Raju replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"Wow...thank you so much for your response Alice! I really appreciate it. It is simply amazing all…"
1 hour ago
Tom White's 3 videos were featured
2 hours ago
Jim Gunshinan's blog post was featured
2 hours ago
Sharon Block's 3 events were featured
2 hours ago
Tom White posted videos
2 hours ago
Linda Wigington replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"Kaushal I just spent more than an hour on a detailed response and lost when I decided to check the…"
2 hours ago
Sharon Block posted events
2 hours ago
Alice La Pierre replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"Hello Kaushal, I understand your predicament, as I also have a house in Berkeley that I wanted to…"
2 hours ago
"Thanks Graham for that. It was also my belief that the cost difference between remodeling and doing…"
4 hours ago
"Thanks Jim! I'll be sure to check that out."
4 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service