tedkidd's Discussions (421)

Discussions Replied To (329) Replies Latest Activity

"Scotty, Have you considered closed cell spray foam?  Should speed things up and lowe…"

tedkidd replied Nov 1, 2013 to Is my HVAC Guy correct? 2 systems instead of 1 system with Dampers

54 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

"HUNH??? Oversizing ductwork?  Is this something they did for zoning 30 years ago?  …"

tedkidd replied Nov 1, 2013 to Is my HVAC Guy correct? 2 systems instead of 1 system with Dampers

54 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

"So, 2400 sf square box.   Why, planning on crappy install?  Probably should opt for…"

54 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

"Surface temp.   The thicker the foam, the less likely you'll have condensing surfac…"

tedkidd replied Oct 29, 2013 to Insulation/venting/air barrier for cathedral ceiling

21 Oct 29, 2013
Reply by tedkidd

"These people want tongue in groove, and do not want to install it over drywall.  (Mo…"

tedkidd replied Oct 29, 2013 to Insulation/venting/air barrier for cathedral ceiling

21 Oct 29, 2013
Reply by tedkidd

" "Free Quotes" are expensive enough for contractors that they should try to avoid th…"

tedkidd replied Oct 28, 2013 to Insulation/venting/air barrier for cathedral ceiling

21 Oct 29, 2013
Reply by tedkidd

"Are they paying you for design recommendations?  If not, I'd avoid building a spec l…"

tedkidd replied Oct 28, 2013 to Insulation/venting/air barrier for cathedral ceiling

21 Oct 29, 2013
Reply by tedkidd

"Following on Bud's comments - How you define problems tends to color the approach us…"

tedkidd replied Oct 25, 2013 to Calculating attic ventilation

27 Nov 7, 2013
Reply by Roy L. Miller

"I wouldn't t take responsibility for design if you weren't consulted at the design s…"

tedkidd replied Oct 25, 2013 to Insulation/venting/air barrier for cathedral ceiling

21 Oct 29, 2013
Reply by tedkidd

"Nice questions Jim!   These questions of value always make me think people are dist…"

tedkidd replied Oct 25, 2013 to Should Homeowners with PV Get Paid Retail or Wholesale Prices for their Excess Electricity?

24 Nov 23, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

ofer ben -nathan added a discussion to the group News & Announcements
3 hours ago
Ajmain Azraf posted a blog post
5 hours ago
Sam Taylors replied to Quinn Korzeniecki's discussion 3 Energy Saving New Year’s Resolutions to Make in 2016
"Thanks for sharing Quinn, I enjoyed reading your 3 energy saving suggestions. How are you going…"
8 hours ago
Jonny Fisher joined allen p tanner's group
Thumbnail

Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase

Discuss the pros and cons of the equipment you are interested in prior to purchase. Post equipment…See More
12 hours ago
Profile IconJamie klema, James Weingardt and Anthony Adams joined Home Energy Pros
16 hours ago
Bob Blanchette liked Diane Chojnowski's discussion Now you can "LIKE" posts on Home Energy Pros!
18 hours ago
JC NATALE posted photos
yesterday
Joe Quiroz Jr. liked Don Hynek's discussion Superinsulation retrofit is Complete!
Saturday

© 2016   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service