Michael Blasnik's Discussions (21)

Discussions Replied To (13) Replies Latest Activity

"I guess I don't understand what you mean by factual studies -- I would think compari…"

Michael Blasnik replied Mar 24 to HERS Index tracking 5 years or more after construction

18 Mar 27
Reply by Brett Little

"You might want to check out this study of homes in Houston that included tracking of…"

Michael Blasnik replied Mar 22 to HERS Index tracking 5 years or more after construction

18 Mar 27
Reply by Brett Little

"Ed- I didn't comment because you nailed it in your first comment (mystically de-levi…"

Michael Blasnik replied Oct 7, 2013 to Hot air language

14 Oct 25, 2013
Reply by Ed Minch

"Actually, I think the net effect is improved performance compared to considering con…"

Michael Blasnik replied Jul 17, 2013 to Does infiltration really reduce the r-value of our insulation?

14 Oct 11, 2013
Reply by Bud Poll

"John- I think I can answer this one as well.  The pressure will equalize pretty muc…"

Michael Blasnik replied Sep 4, 2012 to What is the value of using a pressure pan to test outlets?

18 Sep 5, 2012
Reply by Colin Genge

"This concern is rather silly. The pressure difference created across the ear by a bl…"

Michael Blasnik replied Aug 26, 2012 to Blower Door Depressurization and the Human Ear

3 Aug 30, 2012
Reply by Paul Morin

"Colin- I just have to chime in here - the dP across the pressure pan has nothing to…"

Michael Blasnik replied Aug 26, 2012 to What is the value of using a pressure pan to test outlets?

18 Sep 5, 2012
Reply by Colin Genge

"a slightly more polite answer gets a reply to your questions: TK> For me, 5% of t…"

Michael Blasnik replied Dec 5, 2011 to Learning Thermostat

33 Feb 17, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

"Ted- "True proof of savings is logging temperatures" ? really -- I thought true proo…"

Michael Blasnik replied Dec 2, 2011 to Learning Thermostat

33 Feb 17, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

"Ted- Never measured?  i don't think so... When you declare the laws of physics or th…"

Michael Blasnik replied Dec 2, 2011 to Learning Thermostat

33 Feb 17, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Bob Blanchette posted a discussion

Dual Fuel Systems, at what point do they make sense?

Heat Pump with furnace backup. These make no sense in our area with local NG rates, but they do…See More
6 hours ago
Bob Blanchette joined Hal Skinner's group
Thumbnail

The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)

A group where energy professionals can learn about all the different energy saving aspects of…See More
6 hours ago
Shashank Kirloskar posted a blog post

Important Facts about Solar Energy

“I’d put my money on the sun and solar energy. What a source of power! I hope we don’t have to wait…See More
yesterday
reflintorm replied to Dennis McCarthy's discussion Solid state lighting - saves lives- and it improves life .
"In my observation, In most of the lightning appliances led bulbs are used because of their…"
yesterday
Chad Mcaulife posted photos
Wednesday
Bob Blanchette commented on Jeremy Begley's blog post The Home Envelope : Does it Really Matter in a Heat Loss Calculation
"Infiltration makes a HUGE difference. Look at the heat loads on a windy day vs. a calm one. On a…"
Wednesday
Bob Blanchette commented on Everblue's blog post Poor HVAC Installation Leads to Increased Energy Use
"That explains a LOT of why HVAC system continue to be sized by the same "rule of thumb"…"
Wednesday
Profile IconChristian Asdal and Shashank Kirloskar joined Home Energy Pros
Wednesday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service