Bob Blanchette's Discussions (515)

Discussions Replied To (430) Replies Latest Activity

"Think about it. Take 3 bulbs, Edison, CFL, and LED, all 800 lumen. Edison = 60W CFL…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jan 4, 2015 to Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?

84 Aug 1, 2015
Reply by tedkidd

"Switching from Edison to LED lighting is about the same amount of energy savings as…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jan 3, 2015 to Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?

84 Aug 1, 2015
Reply by tedkidd

"While LED lights are indeed excellent, they aren't that much cooler than CFL. CFL ru…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jan 3, 2015 to Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?

84 Aug 1, 2015
Reply by tedkidd

"Run the numbers with 55f as a base temp instead of 65f. See how close to 30% savings…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jan 2, 2015 to Unhappy customer, feels should have saved more...

24 Jan 8, 2015
Reply by Richard C. MacCrea

"52 therms/mo is excellent for a winter average, we typically run in the 80's for win…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jan 2, 2015 to Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?

84 Aug 1, 2015
Reply by tedkidd

"Do you have any other gas fired appliances such as stove or gas dryer that get ran i…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jan 2, 2015 to Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?

84 Aug 1, 2015
Reply by tedkidd

"Watch your based temp for your HDD charts. The standard 65f is horribly wrong for a…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jan 2, 2015 to Unhappy customer, feels should have saved more...

24 Jan 8, 2015
Reply by Richard C. MacCrea

"Now consider what happens in a modulating furnace. The 750btu loss is relatively con…"

Bob Blanchette replied Dec 29, 2014 to How does Cycles Per Hour affect real world AFUE?

12 Dec 30, 2014
Reply by Bradford E. White

"My main point was ductwork in unconditioned space. When a furnace cycles off the duc…"

Bob Blanchette replied Dec 29, 2014 to How does Cycles Per Hour affect real world AFUE?

12 Dec 30, 2014
Reply by Bradford E. White

"We do have exhaust only around here if you are referring to fart fans in bathrooms."

Bob Blanchette replied Dec 25, 2014 to Basing air exchange on house volume??

17 Jan 8, 2015
Reply by Dennis Heidner

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Twitter

Latest Activity

Dale Hoffmeyer posted a discussion

Friends and Family Referral Marketing

Is anyone aware of home performance contractors that have had success with some type of friends and…See More
19 hours ago
Amber Vignieri posted a blog post
20 hours ago
Diane Chojnowski commented on Chris Dorsi's blog post My Favorite Announcement of the Year
"Congratulations Michelle Nochisaki and Ed Matos!  "
22 hours ago
Chris Dorsi's blog post was featured

My Favorite Announcement of the Year

Each year, Habitat X engages in…See More
22 hours ago
Sydney G. Roberts commented on Tom White's video
Thumbnail

Building Science Insights -- To Vent or Not to Vent

"R Higgins, you can insulate exterior with with foam board or nailbase when you reroof and then…"
22 hours ago
Steven Lefler posted a status
yesterday
Ryan T De La Rosa is now a member of Home Energy Pros
yesterday
Chris Dorsi posted a blog post

My Favorite Announcement of the Year

Each year, Habitat X engages in…See More
yesterday

© 2016   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service