Bob Blanchette's Discussions (416)

Discussions Replied To (342) Replies Latest Activity

"Yes existing home, if it was new construction I'd have the walls foamed and be done…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jan 15, 2012 to Favorite way to seal electrical boxes/outlets?

5 Jan 19, 2012
Reply by Tad Duby

"People in the US pay income taxes that the government uses to subsidize energy compa…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jan 15, 2012 to US vs EU

20 Jan 16, 2012
Reply by Thomas Price

"You can thank the US taxpayers for cheap energy. The US government subsidizes energy…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jan 14, 2012 to US vs EU

20 Jan 16, 2012
Reply by Thomas Price

""

Bob Blanchette replied Jan 14, 2012 to Smart Meters

12 Jan 22, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"The problem is LEDs just aren't quite there yet when compared to the payback time of…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jan 14, 2012 to LED use in the summer

3 Feb 5
Reply by Eric Wu

"If it's UNDER the house I'd keep the metal stuff. Critters LOVE flex !!"

Bob Blanchette replied Jan 14, 2012 to To replace old leaky ducts with new flex ducts or to seal the old with mastic?

9 Jan 18, 2012
Reply by Philip Green

"2 floors should have 2 separate systems in most cases. It just makes more sense beca…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jan 14, 2012 to Are Zoned Heating/Cooling Systems a Good Idea or a Bad Idea?

23 Jan 17, 2012
Reply by George W. Reynolds

"With such a low cooling load I question if oversized 2 stage units are even worth th…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jan 14, 2012 to Manual J Report

29 Jan 14, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

"The main problem is the TAXPAYERS in the US are subsidizing the costs for the RATEPA…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jan 14, 2012 to The Coming Energy Implosion

17 Jan 20, 2012
Reply by James White

"We have one on our house, love it. We can monitor use online in 15 minute increments…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jan 14, 2012 to Smart Meters

12 Jan 22, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Jim Gunshinan commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post My Energy Upgrade California—The Numbers Are In
"Thanks Nate for more good stuff to chew on—and nutritional! We may be running out to Home…"
5 hours ago
Tom Conlon commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post My Energy Upgrade California—The Numbers Are In
"Jim,I just got around to re-reading your four-part series and I think this is a really interesting…"
5 hours ago
Nate Adams commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post My Energy Upgrade California—The Numbers Are In
"$50 in health ain't much... not with my crappy high deductible plan. It buys half of a cold…"
5 hours ago
tedkidd commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post My Energy Upgrade California—The Numbers Are In
"Yep, this thread has some good discussion. Back to dehumidification.  This may be…"
10 hours ago
Jim Gunshinan commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post My Energy Upgrade California—The Numbers Are In
"Thanks for the clarification Nate. If I had the ability to precisely measure what $50 of health…"
11 hours ago
Nate Adams commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post My Energy Upgrade California—The Numbers Are In
"Jim, Just a clarification, it's not DEhumidification I'm worried about in your climate,…"
11 hours ago
Chris McTaggart posted events
11 hours ago
"Hi Nate, I'm glad this post has generated so much good discussion, since that is its main…"
12 hours ago
Diane Chojnowski's group was featured
Thumbnail

Facebook Pages

Does your company or organization have a Facebook Page?This group is for pros who have facebook…See More
12 hours ago
Tom White joined Diane Chojnowski's group
Thumbnail

Facebook Pages

Does your company or organization have a Facebook Page?This group is for pros who have facebook…See More
12 hours ago
David Valley's photo was featured

ceiling_infrared

Cold air infiltrating the lower right portion of this wall and ceiling.
12 hours ago
Christopher Morin's 2 blog posts were featured
12 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service