Bob Blanchette's Discussions (450)

Discussions Replied To (370) Replies Latest Activity

"The key is targeting the audience. Often it's people who already have low power bill…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jun 22, 2012 to "Single Action Bias"

7 Jun 22, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"Our utility is investing millions in smartmeters and peak load reduction price plans…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jun 19, 2012 to Do Government and Utility Rebate Programs Help or Hurt?

41 Jul 6, 2012
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

"Amen."

Bob Blanchette replied Jun 19, 2012 to Do Government and Utility Rebate Programs Help or Hurt?

41 Jul 6, 2012

"Nest Discussion"

Bob Blanchette replied Jun 14, 2012 to The Nest Learning Thermostat - Good or Not So Much?

62 Aug 17, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"Most people using Nest gave up on the self learn functions and just program manually…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jun 14, 2012 to The Nest Learning Thermostat - Good or Not So Much?

62 Aug 17, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"Mini-splits are excellent for homes with open floor plans. If a home has a lot of sm…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jun 14, 2012 to Trends in space conditioning systems in high performance homes, looking for your insight

4 Jul 1, 2012
Reply by William H Nickerson

"So you picked the Nest over the Ecobee based on styling? That's really the only adva…"

62 Aug 17, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"If the government would stop indirectly subsidizing the true costs of energy then th…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jun 10, 2012 to Do Government and Utility Rebate Programs Help or Hurt?

41 Jul 6, 2012

"No problem. For those about to drop $200+ on a thermostat (or any tech product) it p…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jun 9, 2012 to The Nest Learning Thermostat - Good or Not So Much?

62 Aug 17, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"Electrically the Nest is no better than the 3M $99 web enabled stat at Home depot. O…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jun 9, 2012 to The Nest Learning Thermostat - Good or Not So Much?

62 Aug 17, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Bud Poll replied to Chad Mcaulife's discussion BPI QCI Cert.
"I can't think of any test I've ever taken where I wasn't able to determine what I…"
12 hours ago
jerry gentile replied to Chad Mcaulife's discussion BPI QCI Cert.
"you are spot on my friend-- during the exam I said this is ridiculous--- I have bpi certs for…"
17 hours ago
Eric Kjelshus commented on Jeremy Begley's blog post The Home Envelope : Does it Really Matter in a Heat Loss Caculation
"IT all matters,  I lot of sealing,  A lot of air barrier.  A lot of "R" A…"
yesterday
Michael Dunseith posted a status
"BPI Infiltration and Duct leakage (IDL) Certified"
yesterday
Jeremy Begley posted a blog post
yesterday
Kim Burnett joined Sean Lintow Sr's group
Thumbnail

Best Practices (Residential)

Best Building, Retrofitting, or even Auditing Practices - what are they, what should change, what…See More
yesterday
Kent Mitchell commented on Adam Swain's blog post Top Worst Crawl Space Insulation Ideas
"Hi Adam - It sounds like you may be referring to enclosed crawlspaces - Here in the NW we've…"
yesterday
peter chang replied to Damien Greenfield's discussion Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?
"I think it is quite possible the greatest savings will be realized by the lowest volume users. I…"
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service