Bob Blanchette's Discussions (443)

Discussions Replied To (365) Replies Latest Activity

"Before you go through the expense of upgrading the HVAC system consider adding a min…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jul 31, 2012 to Installing additional supply runs from the main trunk.

16 Aug 8, 2012
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

"Awesome idea for the filtering, it's what I've done in my own home !! No HEPA, but a…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jul 30, 2012 to Residential ventilation levels

38 Sep 16, 2012
Reply by Robert Riversong

"Air pressure will most likely blow them off."

Bob Blanchette replied Jul 30, 2012 to Suggestions for magnetic air register covers?

12 Aug 10, 2012

"I didn't figure anybody that lived in a basement would be picky, but I understand th…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jul 29, 2012 to Suggestions for magnetic air register covers?

12 Aug 10, 2012

"In other words if it feels stuffy inside open a window :)"

Bob Blanchette replied Jul 29, 2012 to Residential ventilation levels

38 Sep 16, 2012

"It is what it is, no excuses. If they give a rip about indoor air quality they smoke…"

38 Sep 16, 2012

"If everybody in the house smokes, they obviously don't give a rip about air quality.…"

38 Sep 16, 2012

"Just use Saran wrap since it's only temporary."

Bob Blanchette replied Jul 29, 2012 to Suggestions for magnetic air register covers?

12 Aug 10, 2012

"Why not make a a setting for "allow compressor to operate with aux heat". It can be…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jul 23, 2012 to The Nest Learning Thermostat - Good or Not So Much?

62 Aug 17, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"With such a low bill ti sounds like the HO lives alone. Maybe a water heater timer i…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jul 22, 2012 to Are we setting ourselves up for a huge liability?

12 Jul 26, 2012
Reply by Michael Matthews

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Nate Adams joined Diane Chojnowski's group
Thumbnail

Hall of Shame

In this group, members share an array of images from the field, showing the kinds of issues…See More
3 minutes ago
tedkidd commented on Diane Chojnowski's group Hall of Shame
"Give this thread a bump - here's my "bad" album and some of the…"
34 minutes ago
Eric Kjelshus commented on Adam Swain's blog post Top Worst Crawl Space Insulation Ideas
"6) Radiant barrier- under the gravel is just a barrier but with holes each square inch its not a…"
39 minutes ago
tedkidd replied to Luis Hernandez's discussion Distribution Efficiency and heating safety factor in TREAT in the group TREAT Software
"It is very common to find equipment grossly oversized. I mean 1.5 - 2x Manual J and 2-3x the size…"
41 minutes ago
tedkidd replied to Luis Hernandez's discussion Basic Heat loss information in the group TREAT Software
"Luis,  Click "selected reports, energy savings and use, design heating and cooling…"
51 minutes ago
Ed Minch replied to Kurt Shafer's discussion Where can I find the best radiant barrier to install under my roof?
"The important thing here is the surface temperature of the ceiling against the attic as compared to…"
1 hour ago
Profile IconSharon DeRidder, Jason Hiep, Chris Chmiel and 4 more joined Home Energy Pros
1 hour ago
John Watson Ley replied to Luis Hernandez's discussion Distribution Efficiency and heating safety factor in TREAT in the group TREAT Software
"Luis, Good Evening, John of NY Construction Pros here. I don't think you need to worry about…"
13 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service