Bob Blanchette's Discussions (441)

Discussions Replied To (364) Replies Latest Activity

"Is there any financial incentive for customers to install the devices in their homes…"

Bob Blanchette replied Aug 17, 2012 to Has anyone heard of Greenlet? Me neither until today

8 Aug 23, 2012
Reply by randy tolowski

"Sounds very much like what OG&E is doing with smarthours. The main difference is…"

Bob Blanchette replied Aug 17, 2012 to Has anyone heard of Greenlet? Me neither until today

8 Aug 23, 2012
Reply by randy tolowski

"Since the house has been super insulated with foam the heating load for upstairs wil…"

Bob Blanchette replied Aug 17, 2012 to Open combustion furnace in an attic that has been sealed at the end walls and roof.

35 Aug 24, 2012
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

"The Nest seems to have decent internals, now if they could only get the software fin…"

Bob Blanchette replied Aug 17, 2012 to The Nest Learning Thermostat - Good or Not So Much?

62 Aug 17, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"In Oklahoma contractors are charging about 3x the cost of standard insulation."

Bob Blanchette replied Aug 4, 2012 to Cost of foam installation

4 Aug 7, 2012
Reply by Paul Lasicki

"The manufacturer cannot provide an EER even if they wanted to. Without knowing the t…"

Bob Blanchette replied Aug 2, 2012 to portable AC units--EdgeStar AP12000

8 Aug 2, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"Doesn't surprise me, they are more interested in sales and cooling one room than tot…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jul 31, 2012 to portable AC units--EdgeStar AP12000

8 Aug 2, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"I've never seen a a coax hose. I've seen 2 hose systems, but they are rare. If you n…"

8 Aug 2, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"Yup, portable A/C units really don't makes sense. One room gets cool at the expense…"

8 Aug 2, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"Before you go through the expense of upgrading the HVAC system consider adding a min…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jul 31, 2012 to Installing additional supply runs from the main trunk.

16 Aug 8, 2012
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Ethan Bukowiec replied to Ethan Bukowiec's discussion Thoughts on energy startup's new propane smart meter
"Wanted to give everyone an update on how things are doing with our Kickstarter campaign. We have…"
9 hours ago
Tom White's video was featured

Unlocking the Power of Grey Water in a Living Building Challenge Home

Rob Nicely, President of Carmel Building & Design talks with Tom Wood, Nexus eWater System's Chief Technology Officer, about Unlocking the Power of Grey Water.
9 hours ago
Griffin Hagle's discussion was featured

You're designing a Home Performance dashboard. Which 6 metrics do you include?

Credit Karma got me thinking about this. For those who are unfamiliar, it's a free* online credit…See More
9 hours ago
Bud Poll's discussion was featured

Inconsistant Local Authority

It becomes frustrating to give people modern advice and then have to backtrack and tell them to do…See More
9 hours ago
w d's discussion was featured

Managing Solar Energy

What's the state of the art on managing solar energy (esp. at the home)?There's surely no…See More
9 hours ago
Ethan Bukowiec's discussion was featured

Thoughts on energy startup's new propane smart meter

Hello,I wanted to introduce you all to a new energy startup I am working with called …See More
9 hours ago
George Kopf's discussion was featured
9 hours ago
John Porterfield replied to Dave Robinson's discussion Can We PLEASE Stop Calling Them “Ductless” in the group 1000 Home Challenge
"Any update on this work?  Seems manufacturers would provide an indoor coil that would…"
11 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service