Bob Blanchette's Discussions (441)

Discussions Replied To (364) Replies Latest Activity

"Passive ventilation can work. It's the ridge vents that don’t 90% of the time. Very…"

Bob Blanchette replied Oct 9 to ridge vent orientation

25 on Friday
Reply by Bud Poll

"Show me a single study/video where ridge vents work properly that ISN'T and ad from…"

Bob Blanchette replied Oct 9 to ridge vent orientation

25 on Friday
Reply by Bud Poll

"Ridge vents generally don't work well. Do some performance testing with a 'smoke buc…"

Bob Blanchette replied Oct 7 to ridge vent orientation

25 on Friday
Reply by Bud Poll

"Does your local utility have any energy programs? Working with them may be your best…"

Bob Blanchette replied Oct 4 to Starting a Home Weatherization Business. Considering it...

12 Oct 4
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"When it costs the same price as 2 separate systems there is no juice regardless of h…"

Bob Blanchette replied Sep 1 to Heating with Tankless Water Heater & Hydronic Air Handler vs. Gas Furnace

14 Sep 4
Reply by Graham Irwin

"Why not get 2 systems if it's the same price? Furnaces are mass produced keeping cos…"

Bob Blanchette replied Aug 28 to Heating with Tankless Water Heater & Hydronic Air Handler vs. Gas Furnace

14 Sep 4
Reply by Graham Irwin

"For the same price I'd keep the appliances separate. Once you go to condensing units…"

Bob Blanchette replied Aug 26 to Heating with Tankless Water Heater & Hydronic Air Handler vs. Gas Furnace

14 Sep 4
Reply by Graham Irwin

"I've done this with a conventional water heater. Works well except for design temp m…"

Bob Blanchette replied Aug 24 to Heating with Tankless Water Heater & Hydronic Air Handler vs. Gas Furnace

14 Sep 4
Reply by Graham Irwin

"OG&E actually increased our off peak rate to 6 cents per KWH August 1st. On peak…"

Bob Blanchette replied Aug 3 to Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?

73 Aug 14
Reply by Kurt Shafer

"You live in a VERY different climate than I do. Whole house fan would be used 2 mont…"

Bob Blanchette replied Aug 3 to Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?

73 Aug 14
Reply by Kurt Shafer

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Ethan Bukowiec replied to Ethan Bukowiec's discussion Thoughts on energy startup's new propane smart meter
"Anyone interested in learning more about this device should check out the Kickstarter…"
8 hours ago
Linda Wigington replied to Linda Wigington's discussion Low-cost electricity monitoring: Accuracy & Applications in the group 1000 Home Challenge
"Here is a response from Frank Bergamachi (Thousand Home Challenge project #4) I’ve looked…"
14 hours ago
Linda Wigington replied to Linda Wigington's discussion Low-cost electricity monitoring: Accuracy & Applications in the group 1000 Home Challenge
"Here is a response from Larry Kinney A few years ago someone had a gee whiz calibrated watt and…"
14 hours ago
Dale@EnergyWright replied to Linda Wigington's discussion Low-cost electricity monitoring: Accuracy & Applications in the group 1000 Home Challenge
"I've used the efergy Elite whole house energy monitor to evaluate 240V HPWHs. I found the…"
15 hours ago
Profile IconDale@EnergyWright and Maria Lacey joined David Eggleton's group
Thumbnail

1000 Home Challenge

Linda Wigington distinguished between deep retrofits & deep energy reductions, thus expanding…See More
15 hours ago
Profile IconAdam Swain, Cynthia Sandherr, James Skeldon and 2 more joined Home Energy Pros
16 hours ago
Tom White posted videos
yesterday
Maria Lacey replied to Linda Wigington's discussion Low-cost electricity monitoring: Accuracy & Applications in the group 1000 Home Challenge
"I attempted to use an AZTech device. I have used the Watt Stopper, Watts Up Pro, Kill-A-Watt…"
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service