Bob Blanchette's Discussions (500)

Discussions Replied To (415) Replies Latest Activity

"2 systems is certainly the way to go for 2 floors. 1.5tons should be plenty for down…"

Bob Blanchette replied Oct 28, 2013 to Is my HVAC Guy correct? 2 systems instead of 1 system with Dampers

54 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

"Whirlybirds are no different from any other exhaust ventilation, they need somewhere…"

Bob Blanchette replied Oct 23, 2013 to Calculating attic ventilation

27 Nov 7, 2013
Reply by Roy L. Miller

"A 12" roof turbine is rated @ 113sqin, and IMHO it moves every bit of it. Enough air…"

Bob Blanchette replied Oct 22, 2013 to Calculating attic ventilation

27 Nov 7, 2013
Reply by Roy L. Miller

"You can't ignore the effect of the prevailing wind which has a MUCH bigger impact th…"

Bob Blanchette replied Oct 22, 2013 to Calculating attic ventilation

27 Nov 7, 2013
Reply by Roy L. Miller

"If the ductwork is damaged and/or has water in it, that needs to be addressed right…"

Bob Blanchette replied Oct 8, 2013 to Underground ductwork

19 Oct 8, 2013
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"How about pulling the microwave and do the test free standing w/o ductwork? The extr…"

Bob Blanchette replied Sep 24, 2013 to Range Hood Draft

22 Oct 18, 2013
Reply by Roman

"Even if the fan was circulating within the microwave, that doesn't explain the 220CF…"

Bob Blanchette replied Sep 23, 2013 to Range Hood Draft

22 Oct 18, 2013
Reply by Roman

"Not sure how much if any air is leaking. If it is leaking where does it ultimately g…"

Bob Blanchette replied Sep 20, 2013 to Underground ductwork

19 Oct 8, 2013
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"Since the ground loop is the biggest cost of having Geo installed it's critical to g…"

Bob Blanchette replied Sep 14, 2013 to Sizing A Ground Heat Exchanger for Installation

1 Sep 14, 2013
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"Are you suggesting homeowners replace the control module but keep the rest of the sy…"

Bob Blanchette replied Sep 1, 2013 to Know Your House Facts

4 Sep 1, 2013
Reply by Bob Blanchette

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network.

Latest Activity

Rod Fox replied to Rod Fox's discussion Does calcification affect electric water heater aquastat temperature sensor performance?
"We're in climate zone 5 (near Santa Fe, NM) where it's dry as a bone. Gonna head to that…"
31 minutes ago
Bud Poll replied to Rod Fox's discussion Does calcification affect electric water heater aquastat temperature sensor performance?
"The two 4500 watt elements will never operate simultaneously.  It will be one or the…"
46 minutes ago
Rod Fox replied to Rod Fox's discussion Does calcification affect electric water heater aquastat temperature sensor performance?
"Correction to this last posting... This model only operates one element at a time, not two in…"
48 minutes ago
"Agreed. Incidentally, I just called tech support at Bradford White (and actually spoke to a…"
51 minutes ago
Hans Joachim Preiss replied to Rod Fox's discussion Does calcification affect electric water heater aquastat temperature sensor performance?
"Rod, Because the tank is not overheating, the behavior is either normal for this tank or there is a…"
1 hour ago
"Hey thanks Hans. I didn't know about the benefit of the heatpump units having the elements…"
1 hour ago
"I'm not sure if the tank was flushed at the time of element replacement. I would have hoped…"
1 hour ago
Rod Fox's discussion was featured

Does calcification affect electric water heater aquastat temperature sensor performance?

I recently ran across a situation where a 40 gallon electric water heater was cycling on and off…See More
4 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service