Bob Blanchette's Discussions (495)

Discussions Replied To (410) Replies Latest Activity

"How about pulling the microwave and do the test free standing w/o ductwork? The extr…"

Bob Blanchette replied Sep 24, 2013 to Range Hood Draft

22 Oct 18, 2013
Reply by Roman

"Even if the fan was circulating within the microwave, that doesn't explain the 220CF…"

Bob Blanchette replied Sep 23, 2013 to Range Hood Draft

22 Oct 18, 2013
Reply by Roman

"Not sure how much if any air is leaking. If it is leaking where does it ultimately g…"

Bob Blanchette replied Sep 20, 2013 to Underground ductwork

19 Oct 8, 2013
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"Since the ground loop is the biggest cost of having Geo installed it's critical to g…"

Bob Blanchette replied Sep 14, 2013 to Sizing A Ground Heat Exchanger for Installation

1 Sep 14, 2013
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"Are you suggesting homeowners replace the control module but keep the rest of the sy…"

Bob Blanchette replied Sep 1, 2013 to Know Your House Facts

4 Sep 1, 2013
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"So VAV is just a zoned system that doesn't use a bypass damper? If the ducts were ov…"

Bob Blanchette replied Sep 1, 2013 to Know Your House Facts

4 Sep 1, 2013
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"It's hard enough to get homeowners to buy complete systems instead of just doing a c…"

Bob Blanchette replied Aug 31, 2013 to Know Your House Facts

4 Sep 1, 2013
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"At $30 I expect it to last, hopefully they stand behind their warranty for 5yrs if i…"

Bob Blanchette replied Aug 17, 2013 to LED Fixtures Hitting Shelfs

16 Aug 4, 2014
Reply by reflintorm

"I too had the offset issue, the 2nd screw went direct into the ceiling joist. Oddly…"

Bob Blanchette replied Aug 16, 2013 to LED Fixtures Hitting Shelfs

16 Aug 4, 2014
Reply by reflintorm

"So the danger of shock is limited to the light itself and possibly the box in the ev…"

Bob Blanchette replied Aug 16, 2013 to LED Fixtures Hitting Shelfs

16 Aug 4, 2014
Reply by reflintorm

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Charlie Hewitt posted a blog post

Residential Electric Load Disaggregation

“What gets measured gets managed” is a quote often attributed to the venerable management expert…See More
7 hours ago
Kurt Albershardt replied to Larry Schaffert's discussion How to correctly insulate exterior wall in a 1900 house?
"Balloon framed houses make for easy upgrades IME.  We cover the open bays from the sill plate…"
8 hours ago
Kurt Albershardt replied to William Fisher's discussion Can tankless water heaters provide hot water even when the groundwater is fairly cold?
"There are a number of approaches that can work depending on the specifics of your situation. What…"
8 hours ago
Bob Mariani joined allen p tanner's group
Thumbnail

Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase

Discuss the pros and cons of the equipment you are interested in prior to purchase. Post equipment…See More
19 hours ago
Bob Mariani replied to William Parlapiano's discussion Equipment for Sale Updated April 9, 2015 in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"I would be interested in a package deal for the items marked as "Available"  Email…"
19 hours ago
Steven Lewis replied to William Fisher's discussion Can tankless water heaters provide hot water even when the groundwater is fairly cold?
"Look at reducing the ambient humidity in the home.  The dew point is the key to the…"
Friday
Olivia Taylor posted blog posts
Friday
norman farwell replied to Bryan Pringle's discussion Dense packed cellulose in basement?
"Ha, we're on the same wavelength.  That's the big question--I'm still thinking…"
Thursday

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service