Bob Blanchette's Discussions (496)

Discussions Replied To (411) Replies Latest Activity

"Realize there is more markup on electricity for commercial customers than residentia…"

Bob Blanchette replied Nov 17, 2013 to Should Homeowners with PV Get Paid Retail or Wholesale Prices for their Excess Electricity?

24 Nov 23, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"Variable peak pricing for electric service is taking care of that afternoon peak cha…"

Bob Blanchette replied Nov 17, 2013 to Should Homeowners with PV Get Paid Retail or Wholesale Prices for their Excess Electricity?

24 Nov 23, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"There already is a fixed cost on most utilities built in. It's called the customer/m…"

24 Nov 23, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"Not saying we don't need any heat in the 40's, but heat loss is relatively low. Once…"

Bob Blanchette replied Nov 9, 2013 to Is my HVAC Guy correct? 2 systems instead of 1 system with Dampers

54 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

"EER and SEER do track each other until EER hits about 12-13. EER then stops about 13…"

Bob Blanchette replied Nov 9, 2013 to Is my HVAC Guy correct? 2 systems instead of 1 system with Dampers

54 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

"I have a hard time believing a 5 degree increase on return air temp due to ductwork…"

54 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

"I never have bought into the whole SEER thing, EER is what I'm concerned about. Most…"

54 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

"The dual fuel setups we have in our area are generally not used in HP mode. Most sim…"

Bob Blanchette replied Nov 8, 2013 to Is my HVAC Guy correct? 2 systems instead of 1 system with Dampers

54 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

"Hybrid doesn't make sense for our area. Electricity is 10 cents per KWH, gas is 47 c…"

Bob Blanchette replied Nov 8, 2013 to Is my HVAC Guy correct? 2 systems instead of 1 system with Dampers

54 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

"I've looked at going all electric, and gas is still slightly cheaper at his time. Me…"

54 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network.

Latest Activity

Linda Wigington replied to Linda Wigington's discussion Weigh in - Honorable Mention? 2nd Base? Half-Way There? 50% Better? On the Path? in the group 1000 Home Challenge
"Chris Another faster option in the interim could be to post a You-Tube video on how to use the…"
12 hours ago
Linda Wigington replied to Linda Wigington's discussion Weigh in - Honorable Mention? 2nd Base? Half-Way There? 50% Better? On the Path? in the group 1000 Home Challenge
"Ted -  That is why the 1000 Home Challenge has two options for determining a project's…"
13 hours ago
Empower Efficiency added 2 discussions to the group Job Board
13 hours ago
tedkidd replied to Linda Wigington's discussion Weigh in - Honorable Mention? 2nd Base? Half-Way There? 50% Better? On the Path? in the group 1000 Home Challenge
"Immediate verifiable won't work, this has been improved over 20 years..."
13 hours ago
"Ted -  It is important to clarify that the OPTION B 1000 Home Challenge allowance comes out to…"
13 hours ago
"I agree Chris - that is where we need to end up. It may be possible to have the threshold…"
14 hours ago
"Just logged on and discovered Chris beat me to the response - Thanks Chris!  Here is my answer…"
14 hours ago
Chris Stratton replied to Linda Wigington's discussion Weigh in - Honorable Mention? 2nd Base? Half-Way There? 50% Better? On the Path? in the group 1000 Home Challenge
"Hi Linda, I'd vote transitioning the verification spreadsheet to a website would help…"
14 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service