Bob Blanchette's Discussions (442)

Discussions Replied To (364) Replies Latest Activity

"If your bids aren't competitive you don't get the work. You have to offer something…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jun 16, 2013 to Changing 80 Percent Furnaces to 90+

17 Jul 4, 2013
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

"Don't get me wrong, if the customer wants the better equipment then sell it. Just do…"

17 Jul 4, 2013
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

"It looks like the OP got "hack attacked" by getting a condenser swap w/o the matchin…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jun 16, 2013 to Temperature Control Problems with Vision Thermostats

5 Jun 28, 2013
Reply by Tom Delconte

"Do you pay for the fuel or does the tenant? If the tenant pays the fuel then leave t…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jun 16, 2013 to Selecting a Water Heater

15 Jul 16, 2013
Reply by Joe Romero

"I have to disagree. Top end equipment should be bought for comfort reasons, not ener…"

17 Jul 4, 2013
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

""Most furnace I see are over sized by 2-4 times needed." Exactly why furnaces never…"

17 Jul 4, 2013
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

"If the customer has a smartmeter installed by the local utility they may be able to…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jun 8, 2013 to Electrical system data loggers

19 Jun 22, 2013
Reply by William H Nickerson

"You make some valid points, especially with the base rate charges. Increasing the ba…"

Bob Blanchette replied May 18, 2013 to Why Are Energy-Saving Home Inprovements Down??

23 May 24, 2013
Reply by David Eggleton

"Amen, make energy show it's true cost instead of subsidizing it. We have some of the…"

Bob Blanchette replied May 18, 2013 to Why Are Energy-Saving Home Inprovements Down??

23 May 24, 2013
Reply by David Eggleton

"I think you nailed it right there. Airflow is everything and that's where your custo…"

Bob Blanchette replied May 11, 2013 to Hot Upper Stories

17 May 23, 2013
Reply by Stan Kuhn

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Michael Dunseith posted a photo

http://www.prattcenter.net/energy-champions-launch-party

Senator Kevin Parker poses with Pratt Center's Green Jobs Green New York Project Coordinator Elana…
6 hours ago
Michael Dunseith posted a status
6 hours ago
Rob Madden, Solar Home Broker posted a blog post

Phoenix 3rd Quarter Solar Resale Statistics Continue to Impress

Phoenix solar home sales were up during the third quarter of 2014, including the resale of homes…See More
22 hours ago
Everblue posted a status
"Green job alert! Energy Auditor in Baltimore, MD with Advanced Green Home Solutions. Check it out: http://bit.ly/1xhQuXO"
yesterday
Chris Clay replied to Isaiah Borel's discussion Blown Cellulose VS Blown Fiberglass in the Attic
"The Cold Climate Housing Research Center in Fairbanks, AK has alot of information about this…"
yesterday
Richard L. Sanderson replied to Bud Poll's discussion Inconsistant Local Authority
"Bud: I like the idea of a third party review board. My own experience in local government is that…"
yesterday
Matthew Lutz commented on Kaplan Clean Tech's blog post The Difference Between Home Inspection and Energy Auditing [Infographic]
"I would have to agree with Steve on this.  I am a Certified Energy Manager and have performed…"
yesterday
Matthew Lutz joined Diane Chojnowski's group
Thumbnail

Hall of Shame

In this group, members share an array of images from the field, showing the kinds of issues…See More
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service