Bob Blanchette's Discussions (416)

Discussions Replied To (342) Replies Latest Activity

"Natural gas is hard to beat for fuel cost, it's the deliver/meter charges that get y…"

Bob Blanchette replied Mar 12, 2013 to Geothermal real-world performance

32 Apr 18, 2013
Reply by Terry D. Davenport

"In commercial lighting LED has a long way to go. Do dethrone the T8/T12 lamps that h…"

Bob Blanchette replied Mar 9, 2013 to LEDs Magazine's comparision of some A-19 LED choices

19 Feb 5
Reply by Eric Wu

"LED's shine in directional applications such as PAR lamps, it's what's "native" to L…"

Bob Blanchette replied Mar 9, 2013 to LEDs Magazine's comparision of some A-19 LED choices

19 Feb 5
Reply by Eric Wu

"IMHO the industry needs to be more focused on bringing LED fixtures to market than m…"

19 Feb 5
Reply by Eric Wu

"The customers who own Geo systems have either been very happy with them (installed r…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 20, 2013 to Geothermal real-world performance

32 Apr 18, 2013
Reply by Terry D. Davenport

"IEC makes units right here in OKC. Not sure what they offer with ECM motors."

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 12, 2013 to Which Hydronic Air Handler

8 Feb 27, 2013
Reply by Jack Lance

"The 4" 8 MERV air filters are low cost, and have good static pressure ratings. There…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 7, 2013 to UV light in Furnace?

29 Mar 25
Reply by Brett Little

"Even the Merv 8 filters are MUCH better than just about any 1" filter you can buy. N…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jan 29, 2013 to UV light in Furnace?

29 Mar 25
Reply by Brett Little

"The 4" thick media filters are the best filtration system IMHO."

Bob Blanchette replied Jan 28, 2013 to UV light in Furnace?

29 Mar 25
Reply by Brett Little

"The PAR/Reflector lamps is one area that LED is awesome at because it's "native" to…"

Bob Blanchette replied Dec 29, 2012 to Are efficient LED bulbs worth the price?

58 Jan 7, 2013
Reply by Tom Delconte

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

reflintorm replied to Jamie Kaye's discussion Flickering LED lights
"I think, Better to replace the dimmer switch if it is not recovered then once go through the…"
2 hours ago
Kurt Shafer replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"Glen,  You are the first person who has ever told me they prefer lower CFM. What you left out…"
13 hours ago
Glen Gallo replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"Tamarack has lower CFM than typical fans and has a insulated lid that automatically closes when fan…"
13 hours ago
Tom Conlon's discussion was featured

Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?

I just searched this forum for "Whole House Fan", but I didn't find much about them (except …See More
14 hours ago
Tom White shared Brandon Walton's blog post on Twitter
14 hours ago
Brandon Walton's blog post was featured

12 Things Every Home Performance Contractor Should Have on Their Work Truck

Every home is unique and differs from the last. It would be a perfect world (from a project…See More
14 hours ago
Griffin Hagle replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
16 hours ago
Griffin Hagle replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"Kurt, Whoops, looks like I got my links mixed up. Thanks for pointing that out. Here's the…"
16 hours ago
Kurt Shafer replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"Glen,  I went to Homepower.com and did a search for whole house fan. Could not find that…"
16 hours ago
Glen Gallo replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"I no longer have my subscription to the Home Power Magazine but these figures were pulled from the…"
17 hours ago
"Glen,  I read your blog with some interest.  You say  " Per the Home…"
17 hours ago
tedkidd commented on Scott Mellberg's blog post Lessons from Energy Efficiency Advisors: Getting Homeowners Onboard with Home Performance
"OMG, you are one of those myopic thinkers are you? Others do it better therefore drastic action is…"
17 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service