Bob Blanchette's Discussions (525)

Discussions Replied To (438) Replies Latest Activity

"Looks like I'll need find more people willing to share their use data. Most seem to…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 20, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"I’ve seen the calculators for direct comparison, it's the "stepped rates" that are t…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 20, 2014 to Comparing energy cost break even points

11 Feb 28, 2014
Reply by Kurt Albershardt

"Heat loss is more geometric than linear. So you cannot use a direct BTU/HDD formula…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 20, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"I don't doubt that there is some heat loss/gain through the ductwork. You can feel t…"

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"Return grills in bedrooms are non-existent, but doors remain open 95% of the time. T…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 19, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"Is your house a similar age/size? 4 occupants? I think baseline use is closer to las…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 19, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"I used United Refrigeration (they are a chain, you may have one in your area) for th…"

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"Part of me wonders if the condensing furnaces are more prone to damage from short cy…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 18, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"I've considered leaky ducts as an issue, but wouldn't summer KWH be increased also?…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 18, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"Air sealing isn't bad but could be better. I got the "big leaks" that I could feel b…"

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Safe-R Insulation commented on Chris Laumer-Giddens's blog post Rock Wool Insulation for Floor of High Performance Tiny House
"Thanks for sharing this much information about roof wall…"
4 hours ago
Lindsay Bachman's 4 events were featured
20 hours ago
Profile IconChris Hoskins and Ken Goodrich joined Home Energy Pros
20 hours ago
Diane Chojnowski commented on Diane Chojnowski's event Better Buildings Peer Exchange Call: Home Improvement Catalyst: Keeping the Ball Rolling with Homeowners by Delivering More Value
"Hi Victor, All the BBRN Peer Exchange Calls are archived so you can listen anytime. Check out over…"
yesterday
Victor Rols Lindsay commented on Diane Chojnowski's event Better Buildings Peer Exchange Call: Home Improvement Catalyst: Keeping the Ball Rolling with Homeowners by Delivering More Value
"Hi Diane, Unfortunately some of us are unable to partake in this webinar/ forum. Is there a…"
yesterday
Ken Summers replied to Gregory Cisco's discussion Abandoning under-slab HVAC ductwork which fills with groundwater seasonally.
"My largest concern is moisture. I have seen mold forming on interior walls in the heating season…"
yesterday
Seth Romme replied to Sonja Persram's discussion Energy Savings Guarantee for single family dwellings in cold climate??
"Hi Sonja We provide home energy optimization services and provide a 5-year heating and cooling…"
yesterday
Lindsay Bachman posted events
yesterday

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service