Bob Blanchette's Discussions (521)

Discussions Replied To (434) Replies Latest Activity

"Return grills in bedrooms are non-existent, but doors remain open 95% of the time. T…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 19, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"Is your house a similar age/size? 4 occupants? I think baseline use is closer to las…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 19, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"I used United Refrigeration (they are a chain, you may have one in your area) for th…"

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"Part of me wonders if the condensing furnaces are more prone to damage from short cy…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 18, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"I've considered leaky ducts as an issue, but wouldn't summer KWH be increased also?…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 18, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"Air sealing isn't bad but could be better. I got the "big leaks" that I could feel b…"

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"HDD numbers with 55 degree base temp: Jan   Feb  409   429  2012 553   397  2013 638…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 17, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"Being able to use the 10th of each month for meter read date is much more accurate t…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 17, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"Playing with the "base temp" setting in order to to make the numbers "work". I'm hav…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 16, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"Not a snowflake in sight down here, expecting temps in the 60's today. First real br…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 16, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Twitter

Latest Activity

Amber Vignieri posted a blog post
8 hours ago
Barbara Smith's video was featured

Weatherization: Crawl Spaces

Crawl Spaces - Training for Weatherization Installers. Re-posted from Seventhwave.org
9 hours ago
Kelly replied to Colin Genge's discussion What is the value of using a pressure pan to test outlets?
"Hi Colin, I like using the pressure pans at outlets to guide my inspections once I'm in the…"
yesterday
Leo Klisch commented on Home Energy Magazine's blog post Natural Gas is Becoming Less Attractive
"It seems a bit wasteful to use NG for such a low temperature application as space heat. If a heat…"
yesterday
HomeWiz posted photos
yesterday
Kobus Niemand commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post A Healthy Home and a Healthy Bottom Line
"Thanks for the download! Great paper,  Homes receiving EE can experience increases in radon…"
yesterday
Jan Green replied to Rob Madden's discussion DOE Home Energy Score
"Agreed Sandy on all counts!   HES and HERS will be confusing to everyone that doesn't…"
yesterday
Steven Lefler replied to David Eakin's discussion A Growing American Problem In Search Of Valid Answers
"Modular Lifestyles has developed proven Net Zero factory built as a modular or his HUD code…"
yesterday

© 2016   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service