Bob Blanchette's Discussions (451)

Discussions Replied To (371) Replies Latest Activity

"Realize there is more markup on electricity for commercial customers than residentia…"

Bob Blanchette replied Nov 17, 2013 to Should Homeowners with PV Get Paid Retail or Wholesale Prices for their Excess Electricity?

24 Nov 23, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"Variable peak pricing for electric service is taking care of that afternoon peak cha…"

Bob Blanchette replied Nov 17, 2013 to Should Homeowners with PV Get Paid Retail or Wholesale Prices for their Excess Electricity?

24 Nov 23, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"There already is a fixed cost on most utilities built in. It's called the customer/m…"

24 Nov 23, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"Not saying we don't need any heat in the 40's, but heat loss is relatively low. Once…"

Bob Blanchette replied Nov 9, 2013 to Is my HVAC Guy correct? 2 systems instead of 1 system with Dampers

54 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

"EER and SEER do track each other until EER hits about 12-13. EER then stops about 13…"

Bob Blanchette replied Nov 9, 2013 to Is my HVAC Guy correct? 2 systems instead of 1 system with Dampers

54 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

"I have a hard time believing a 5 degree increase on return air temp due to ductwork…"

54 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

"I never have bought into the whole SEER thing, EER is what I'm concerned about. Most…"

54 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

"The dual fuel setups we have in our area are generally not used in HP mode. Most sim…"

Bob Blanchette replied Nov 8, 2013 to Is my HVAC Guy correct? 2 systems instead of 1 system with Dampers

54 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

"Hybrid doesn't make sense for our area. Electricity is 10 cents per KWH, gas is 47 c…"

Bob Blanchette replied Nov 8, 2013 to Is my HVAC Guy correct? 2 systems instead of 1 system with Dampers

54 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

"I've looked at going all electric, and gas is still slightly cheaper at his time. Me…"

54 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Shashank Kirloskar posted a blog post

Important Facts about Solar Energy

“I’d put my money on the sun and solar energy. What a source of power! I hope we don’t have to wait…See More
18 hours ago
reflintorm replied to Dennis McCarthy's discussion Solid state lighting - saves lives- and it improves life .
"In my observation, In most of the lightning appliances led bulbs are used because of their…"
19 hours ago
Chad Mcaulife posted photos
yesterday
Bob Blanchette commented on Jeremy Begley's blog post The Home Envelope : Does it Really Matter in a Heat Loss Calculation
"Infiltration makes a HUGE difference. Look at the heat loads on a windy day vs. a calm one. On a…"
yesterday
Bob Blanchette commented on Everblue's blog post Poor HVAC Installation Leads to Increased Energy Use
"That explains a LOT of why HVAC system continue to be sized by the same "rule of thumb"…"
yesterday
Profile IconChristian Asdal and Shashank Kirloskar joined Home Energy Pros
yesterday
Don Fitchett shared their video on Digg
yesterday
Don Fitchett shared their video on StumbleUpon
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service