Bob Blanchette's Discussions (494)

Discussions Replied To (409) Replies Latest Activity

"Air sealing isn't bad but could be better. I got the "big leaks" that I could feel b…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 18, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"HDD numbers with 55 degree base temp: Jan   Feb  409   429  2012 553   397  2013 638…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 17, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"Being able to use the 10th of each month for meter read date is much more accurate t…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 17, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"Playing with the "base temp" setting in order to to make the numbers "work". I'm hav…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 16, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"Not a snowflake in sight down here, expecting temps in the 60's today. First real br…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 16, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"I didn't calculate the "offset" of there not being a 1:1 ratio of HDD and heat loss.…"

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"How do you input the HDD/gas use not being 1:1 in energy calculations?"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 15, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"I forgot to include other use!! We have water heater, dryer, stove, grill (used summ…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 15, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"Using actual billing cycle dates makes things a lot easier. 789HDD 2014 vs. 533HDD 2…"

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"That was the point of starting the discussion, to have somebody smarter than I am to…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 15, 2014 to Comparing energy cost break even points

11 Feb 28, 2014
Reply by Kurt Albershardt

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

randy tolowski replied to randy tolowski's discussion Another unvented roof question
"you are correct. we won't know how these new products perform long term. I hope I get the ok…"
22 hours ago
randy tolowski replied to randy tolowski's discussion Another unvented roof question
"good info Sean thanks for the heads-up on calling it a sip. code approved hot roof system sounds…"
22 hours ago
Bud Poll replied to randy tolowski's discussion Another unvented roof question
"I've removed caulking that was over 30 years old and it outlasted the materials to which it…"
yesterday
Profile IconAmanda Hallock, Kalvis, Tyler Grubbs and 6 more joined Home Energy Pros
yesterday
Corbett Lunsford posted videos
yesterday
Sean Lintow Sr replied to randy tolowski's discussion Another unvented roof question
yesterday
randy tolowski posted discussions
yesterday
Todd Collins replied to Tom Strumolo's discussion Ancient (70's) wall foam insulation, now a powder.
"What did you find about the dust?  "
Friday

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service