Bob Blanchette's Discussions (525)

Discussions Replied To (438) Replies Latest Activity

"No edit option on original post, here is the correct link:"

Bob Blanchette replied Mar 30, 2014 to Marey Tankless Water Heaters

4 Apr 16, 2015
Reply by Alvin J

"ECM could be the way to go. At $250 it does have a long payback though. The use of a…"

Bob Blanchette replied Mar 20, 2014 to Electrical Efficiency for Gas Furnaces.

2 Mar 20, 2014
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"Good find, explains why 65 was always used as a "compromise" base temp. Base temp va…"

Bob Blanchette replied Mar 15, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"Comfort with the smaller system is MUCH better, and that was my primary reason for d…"

Bob Blanchette replied Mar 11, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"I don't doubt that a 90% furnace wastes less heat than a 80%. Going from a 4" double…"

Bob Blanchette replied Mar 11, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"That is the $1M question. 10% is such a small savings it's difficult to detect. Part…"

Bob Blanchette replied Mar 10, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"Agreed, it looks as if the "more efficient" furnace is a farce."

Bob Blanchette replied Mar 10, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"Home performance in the USA has been put on the back burner due to government subsid…"

Bob Blanchette replied Mar 9, 2014 to I say to-may-toes and you say to-mah-toes

6 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Bud Poll

"I'm convinced that the new furnace is the more efficient 'box'. Flue on the old furn…"

Bob Blanchette replied Mar 9, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"One more, this time use is LOWER than mine. Last 12: $485.23/35.797 DTH (46% less th…"

Bob Blanchette replied Mar 8, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Latest Activity

SolyMoly, Inc posted a discussion
13 minutes ago
Home Energy Magazine's blog post was featured
5 hours ago
Brad Cook replied to Jim Tenhundfeld's discussion LED's and motion sensors
"I don't know what it stands for. See RAB.com"
Saturday
Jim Tenhundfeld replied to Jim Tenhundfeld's discussion LED's and motion sensors
"That makes sense since the same thing happened with dimmable CFL's.  I have never heard…"
Saturday
Brad Cook replied to Jim Tenhundfeld's discussion LED's and motion sensors
"My first thought is whether the motion sensor and/or the LED lamp is a cheap one. I had so many…"
Saturday
John Wagner joined allen p tanner's group
Thumbnail

Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase

Discuss the pros and cons of the equipment you are interested in prior to purchase. Post equipment…See More
Friday
Home Energy Magazine posted a blog post
Friday
Jim Tenhundfeld posted a discussion

LED's and motion sensors

When completing an audit, a customer told me that when he installed a LED lamp in his outdoor…See More
Friday

Home Energy Pros

Welcome to Home Energy Pros – the unique digital community by and for those who work in the home energy performance arena.

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (supported by the U.S. Department of Energy) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network. Please honor our Guidelines

© 2017   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service