Bob Blanchette's Discussions (447)

Discussions Replied To (367) Replies Latest Activity

"Looks like you found your problem, shorted capacitor."

Bob Blanchette replied Dec 19, 2013 to Troubleshooting a Furnace Blower

12 Jan 5
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"I'm thinking your static reading may be off, are you testing below or above the A-co…"

Bob Blanchette replied Dec 19, 2013 to Troubleshooting a Furnace Blower

12 Jan 5
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"For doing a BTU/temp rise test on my furnace should the meter dials register be used…"

Bob Blanchette replied Dec 19, 2013 to Gas meter "constant" charge.

5 Dec 19, 2013
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

"For propane figure about 20-25k per burner rated input. Varies some form unit to uni…"

Bob Blanchette replied Dec 5, 2013 to Combustion Furnace BTU output

9 Dec 6, 2013
Reply by Bud Poll

"We'll see. The more a local utility can curb peak use the longer they can delay buil…"

Bob Blanchette replied Nov 18, 2013 to Should Homeowners with PV Get Paid Retail or Wholesale Prices for their Excess Electricity?

24 Nov 23, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"Some are going to ducted systems. Ductwork is VERY short with ultra low static press…"

Bob Blanchette replied Nov 18, 2013 to Disguising Ductless Heat Pump Units

11 Aug 22
Reply by Hal Skinner

"Realize there is more markup on electricity for commercial customers than residentia…"

Bob Blanchette replied Nov 17, 2013 to Should Homeowners with PV Get Paid Retail or Wholesale Prices for their Excess Electricity?

24 Nov 23, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"Variable peak pricing for electric service is taking care of that afternoon peak cha…"

Bob Blanchette replied Nov 17, 2013 to Should Homeowners with PV Get Paid Retail or Wholesale Prices for their Excess Electricity?

24 Nov 23, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"There already is a fixed cost on most utilities built in. It's called the customer/m…"

24 Nov 23, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"Not saying we don't need any heat in the 40's, but heat loss is relatively low. Once…"

Bob Blanchette replied Nov 9, 2013 to Is my HVAC Guy correct? 2 systems instead of 1 system with Dampers

54 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"Hi George, I can see where this could be a HUGE issue in Canada.   We spray our RCC directly…"
13 minutes ago
Everblue joined Diane Chojnowski's group
Thumbnail

Hall of Shame

In this group, members share an array of images from the field, showing the kinds of issues…See More
1 hour ago
Everblue joined Diane Chojnowski's group
Thumbnail

Tools of the Trade

A hammer and a saw used to be the key tools for home contractors. Today, the best-in-breed also use…See More
1 hour ago
Tom DelConte replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"Tom: agreed, except if crawl space has gotten wet there may be mold which may require remediation.…"
1 hour ago
Profile IconSteve Franklin, Laurie Clark, Daniel Morrison and 3 more joined Home Energy Pros
4 hours ago
Jason Hiep commented on Home Energy Magazine's blog post Lighting Services for Aliens
"I think the article with good content, to bring people closer to Clean Energy.Thanks for…"
9 hours ago
Tom White posted a video
12 hours ago
peter chang posted a discussion

Programmable tstat for electric baseboard?

Ok, just want to throw this out there. I live in the high desert, 6800' or so. My house is pretty…See More
15 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service