Bob Blanchette's Discussions (497)

Discussions Replied To (412) Replies Latest Activity

"2,000 CDD's @ 65f for 2013 2,430 CDD's @ 65f for 2012 2,700 CDD's @ 65f for 2011"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 23, 2014 to Determining CDD's and savings from AC downsize/upgrade.

5 Feb 25, 2014
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"I get what you are saying. Go with a larger plan and replace the appliances as they…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 23, 2014 to Comparing energy cost break even points

11 Feb 28, 2014
Reply by Kurt Albershardt

"As use dropped it would make more sense to switch to Plan A on the gas which cuts me…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 20, 2014 to Comparing energy cost break even points

11 Feb 28, 2014

"Our house is about the same size with same occupant count and same use!! We were MUC…"

11 Feb 28, 2014

"Looks like I'll need find more people willing to share their use data. Most seem to…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 20, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"I’ve seen the calculators for direct comparison, it's the "stepped rates" that are t…"

11 Feb 28, 2014

"Heat loss is more geometric than linear. So you cannot use a direct BTU/HDD formula…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 20, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"I don't doubt that there is some heat loss/gain through the ductwork. You can feel t…"

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"Return grills in bedrooms are non-existent, but doors remain open 95% of the time. T…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 19, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"Is your house a similar age/size? 4 occupants? I think baseline use is closer to las…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 19, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network.

Latest Activity

SmithWatson posted a blog post

Dealing with the 5 Most Common Furnace and Heating Problems

Most people are reminded of the furnace repair service just when the fall or winter arrives.…See More
1 hour ago
SmithWatson shared Lester Shen's blog post on MySpace
1 hour ago
w d posted a discussion

AERC testing and Solar Grates update

AERC of WCMA has been created to test the effectiveness of window attachments and to design an…See More
11 hours ago
Profile IconRob Pender, Sheldon White and jerrycarter joined Home Energy Pros
11 hours ago
Morgan M Audetat commented on Tom White's blog post Embodied Energy: Minimizing Waste with Off-Site Construction
"What is new…"
12 hours ago
Mark posted events
14 hours ago
Jim Gunshinan's video was featured

GoGreen Portland 2014: The Myth of Apathy - Renee Lertzman, Ph.D

http://portland.gogreenconference.net Renee Lertzman, PhD is the Director of Insight for Brand Cool, a marketing agency supporting a sustainable world. An internationally recognized researcher, speaker, author, instructor and thought leader in…
15 hours ago
Jim Gunshinan posted a video

GoGreen Portland 2014: The Myth of Apathy - Renee Lertzman, Ph.D

http://portland.gogreenconference.net Renee Lertzman, PhD is the Director of Insight for Brand Cool, a marketing agency supporting a sustainable world. An internationally recognized researcher, speaker, author, instructor and thought leader in…
15 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service