Bob Blanchette's Discussions (495)

Discussions Replied To (410) Replies Latest Activity

"As use dropped it would make more sense to switch to Plan A on the gas which cuts me…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 20, 2014 to Comparing energy cost break even points

11 Feb 28, 2014
Reply by Kurt Albershardt

"Our house is about the same size with same occupant count and same use!! We were MUC…"

11 Feb 28, 2014

"Looks like I'll need find more people willing to share their use data. Most seem to…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 20, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"I’ve seen the calculators for direct comparison, it's the "stepped rates" that are t…"

11 Feb 28, 2014

"Heat loss is more geometric than linear. So you cannot use a direct BTU/HDD formula…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 20, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"I don't doubt that there is some heat loss/gain through the ductwork. You can feel t…"

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"Return grills in bedrooms are non-existent, but doors remain open 95% of the time. T…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 19, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"Is your house a similar age/size? 4 occupants? I think baseline use is closer to las…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 19, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"I used United Refrigeration (they are a chain, you may have one in your area) for th…"

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"Part of me wonders if the condensing furnaces are more prone to damage from short cy…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 18, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Steven Lewis replied to William Fisher's discussion Can tankless water heaters provide hot water even when the groundwater is fairly cold?
"Look at reducing the ambient humidity in the home.  The dew point is the key to the…"
yesterday
Olivia Taylor posted blog posts
yesterday
norman farwell replied to Bryan Pringle's discussion Dense packed cellulose in basement?
"Ha, we're on the same wavelength.  That's the big question--I'm still thinking…"
Thursday
Bryan Pringle replied to Bryan Pringle's discussion Dense packed cellulose in basement?
"Thanks Norm, we'll have a couple of case studies when all is said and done. Just curious, do…"
Thursday
norman farwell replied to Bryan Pringle's discussion Dense packed cellulose in basement?
"Bryan,  I am trying the same thing for most of the same reasons and also against advice to the…"
Thursday
Morgan M Audetat commented on Sean McLoughlin's blog post Programming in-floor electric radiant heat, is it worth it?
"You would need a large bathroom to see the difference. We install them both ways depending on the…"
Thursday
Dennis Heidner commented on Sean McLoughlin's blog post Programming in-floor electric radiant heat, is it worth it?
"The key is that this is the bathroom.  Occupancy is not constant.  It is more likely used…"
Thursday
Charles Cormany commented on Sean McLoughlin's blog post Programming in-floor electric radiant heat, is it worth it?
"I have seen resistance floor heaters add nearly $100 per month to an electric bill. Since most…"
Thursday

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service