Bob Blanchette's Discussions (451)

Discussions Replied To (371) Replies Latest Activity

"Figured that would fix it :)"

Bob Blanchette replied Jan 5 to Troubleshooting a Furnace Blower

12 Jan 5
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"In a 240v circuit I 100% agree on the 440v caps. On a 120v circuit a 370v is plenty."

Bob Blanchette replied Dec 20, 2013 to Troubleshooting a Furnace Blower

12 Jan 5
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"Payback isn't there unless customer runs fan 24/7, has high utility rates or already…"

Bob Blanchette replied Dec 20, 2013 to Troubleshooting a Furnace Blower

12 Jan 5
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"It's possible but unlikely for a motor to damage the capacitor. A bad cap can burn u…"

Bob Blanchette replied Dec 19, 2013 to Troubleshooting a Furnace Blower

12 Jan 5
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"Looks like you found your problem, shorted capacitor."

12 Jan 5
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"I'm thinking your static reading may be off, are you testing below or above the A-co…"

12 Jan 5
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"For doing a BTU/temp rise test on my furnace should the meter dials register be used…"

Bob Blanchette replied Dec 19, 2013 to Gas meter "constant" charge.

5 Dec 19, 2013
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

"For propane figure about 20-25k per burner rated input. Varies some form unit to uni…"

Bob Blanchette replied Dec 5, 2013 to Combustion Furnace BTU output

9 Dec 6, 2013
Reply by Bud Poll

"We'll see. The more a local utility can curb peak use the longer they can delay buil…"

Bob Blanchette replied Nov 18, 2013 to Should Homeowners with PV Get Paid Retail or Wholesale Prices for their Excess Electricity?

24 Nov 23, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"Some are going to ducted systems. Ductwork is VERY short with ultra low static press…"

Bob Blanchette replied Nov 18, 2013 to Disguising Ductless Heat Pump Units

11 Aug 22
Reply by Hal Skinner

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Shashank Kirloskar posted a blog post

Important Facts about Solar Energy

“I’d put my money on the sun and solar energy. What a source of power! I hope we don’t have to wait…See More
17 hours ago
reflintorm replied to Dennis McCarthy's discussion Solid state lighting - saves lives- and it improves life .
"In my observation, In most of the lightning appliances led bulbs are used because of their…"
18 hours ago
Chad Mcaulife posted photos
yesterday
Bob Blanchette commented on Jeremy Begley's blog post The Home Envelope : Does it Really Matter in a Heat Loss Calculation
"Infiltration makes a HUGE difference. Look at the heat loads on a windy day vs. a calm one. On a…"
yesterday
Bob Blanchette commented on Everblue's blog post Poor HVAC Installation Leads to Increased Energy Use
"That explains a LOT of why HVAC system continue to be sized by the same "rule of thumb"…"
yesterday
Profile IconChristian Asdal and Shashank Kirloskar joined Home Energy Pros
yesterday
Don Fitchett shared their video on Digg
yesterday
Don Fitchett shared their video on StumbleUpon
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service