Bob Blanchette's Discussions (416)

Discussions Replied To (342) Replies Latest Activity

"I'm with you on the small local shading as shown in the study, don't think it makes…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jul 17 to Condenser placement effect on efficiency

3 Jul 17
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"The issues is you size for PEAK, not AVERAGE conditions. This will vary by location,…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jun 14 to Convert BTU/hr in a Manual J to actual fuel usages

13 Jun 19
Reply by eric anderson

"Depends on the age of the system. The older the system, the less I'd put into it."

Bob Blanchette replied Jun 7 to What would be your preference?

7 Jun 7
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"FWIW the water heater is in a garage closet next to the furnace. The WH's fresh air…"

Bob Blanchette replied May 28 to Tankless Water Heaters... has their time finally come?

32 May 28
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"If I go with another tank it won't be an expensive direct vent model. I'll most like…"

Bob Blanchette replied May 24 to Tankless Water Heaters... has their time finally come?

32 May 28
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"HPWH are the least efficient when demand is greatest. As temps drop in the winter, H…"

Bob Blanchette replied May 24 to Tankless Water Heaters... has their time finally come?

32 May 28
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"82% EF tank costs $1,500 vs $550 for 82% tankless. Unless the gas line is $1,000 to…"

Bob Blanchette replied May 23 to Tankless Water Heaters... has their time finally come?

32 May 28
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"Some of the higher end Emerson thermostats do this. It's called "cool savings" and a…"

Bob Blanchette replied May 17 to Thermostat set points

5 May 17
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"I read the PDF you linked to, 1 cycle per hour is highly unrealistic but illustrates…"

Bob Blanchette replied May 12 to Heat loss from ducts

20 May 12
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"The ON delay is important also. Allowing the coil to get below 50 degrees before tur…"

Bob Blanchette replied May 12 to Heat loss from ducts

20 May 12
Reply by Bob Blanchette

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Tom Conlon commented on Kurt Shafer's blog post What is your opinion about members promoting products here?
"I just checked the site Guidelines Kurt, and any true "promotions" should be posted in…"
19 hours ago
Tom Conlon posted a discussion

Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?

I just searched this forum for "Whole House Fan", but I didn't find much about them (except …See More
20 hours ago
Richard Beyer replied to Mike Kandel's discussion Our Homes Suck – And That's Why Our Kids Have Sinus Problems
"Don, Thank you for the praise! I only wish that some of these profiteers could answer my questions…"
22 hours ago
Richard Beyer replied to Mike Kandel's discussion Our Homes Suck – And That's Why Our Kids Have Sinus Problems
"Todd, This report (attached link) below on poor people living in subsidized housing show's…"
23 hours ago
Mike Kandel added 4 discussions to the group Building Performance Institute (BPI)
yesterday
Mike Kandel posted discussions
yesterday
Nate Adams commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post My Energy Upgrade California—The Numbers Are In
"Jim, Glad to help! OK, a touch of soap box. So long as we don't tell people EE is free and…"
yesterday
Kurt Shafer commented on Kurt Shafer's blog post What is your opinion about members promoting products here?
"Bob, Good idea. I see that you are a window energy reduction expert. You might consider adding…"
yesterday
Robert (Bob) Bacon commented on Kurt Shafer's blog post What is your opinion about members promoting products here?
"Kurt, I would explain what energy/efficiency problem this device solves and explain the science the…"
yesterday
Ben Jacobs replied to Mike Kandel's discussion Our Homes Suck – And That's Why Our Kids Have Sinus Problems
"I agree that in many homes the indoor air sucks.  However, a lot of this problem is caused…"
yesterday
Kurt Shafer commented on Kurt Shafer's blog post What is your opinion about members promoting products here?
"Tom, thank you for your odd reference to a leaky duck. It is a bit off topic since I was not asking…"
yesterday
Tom Delconte commented on Kurt Shafer's blog post What is your opinion about members promoting products here?
"Shameless self promotion here sucks like a leaky duck!"
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service