Bob Blanchette's Discussions (450)

Discussions Replied To (370) Replies Latest Activity

"Since the sun heats the house to 78f during the day, cutting the power from the time…"

Bob Blanchette replied yesterday to Programmable tstat for electric baseboard?

4 yesterday
Reply by peter chang

"Savings depends a LOT on how it's programmed. I've even done a setup with a contacto…"

Bob Blanchette replied on Saturday to Programmable tstat for electric baseboard?

4 yesterday
Reply by peter chang

"Sell utility subsidized services to the tenants. It has to pay back within a year th…"

Bob Blanchette replied on Saturday to Any success getting landlords to energy upgrade a single family rental unit?

1 on Saturday
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"Tankless Types"

Bob Blanchette replied Nov 13 to Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?

10 yesterday
Reply by peter chang

"I never have understood why buyers still try to imitate 100yr old technology (2700K)…"

Bob Blanchette replied Nov 13 to Where did you buy your LED lights?

23 Nov 14
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"Conservation won't die with the solar movement, if anything consumers will be MORE a…"

Bob Blanchette replied Oct 26 to How does efficiency factor into a grid parity world?

5 Oct 26
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"Look into passive solar heating. The south windows have enough overhang that the win…"

Bob Blanchette replied Oct 19 to Managing Solar Energy

1 Oct 19
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"Attic venting is about keeping the equipment and ductwork that lives up there cool i…"

Bob Blanchette replied Oct 11 to ridge vent orientation

25 Oct 17
Reply by Bud Poll

"Agreed, with a tightly sealed ceiling and R40 insulation very little heat goes throu…"

25 Oct 17
Reply by Bud Poll

"A dust free attic means no outdoor air is getting into it. If ventilation is working…"

25 Oct 17
Reply by Bud Poll

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Bud Poll replied to Chad Mcaulife's discussion BPI QCI Cert.
"I can't think of any test I've ever taken where I wasn't able to determine what I…"
5 hours ago
jerry gentile replied to Chad Mcaulife's discussion BPI QCI Cert.
"you are spot on my friend-- during the exam I said this is ridiculous--- I have bpi certs for…"
10 hours ago
Eric Kjelshus commented on Jeremy Begley's blog post The Home Envelope : Does it Really Matter in a Heat Loss Caculation
"IT all matters,  I lot of sealing,  A lot of air barrier.  A lot of "R" A…"
23 hours ago
Michael Dunseith posted a status
"BPI Infiltration and Duct leakage (IDL) Certified"
yesterday
Jeremy Begley posted a blog post
yesterday
Kim Burnett joined Sean Lintow Sr's group
Thumbnail

Best Practices (Residential)

Best Building, Retrofitting, or even Auditing Practices - what are they, what should change, what…See More
yesterday
Kent Mitchell commented on Adam Swain's blog post Top Worst Crawl Space Insulation Ideas
"Hi Adam - It sounds like you may be referring to enclosed crawlspaces - Here in the NW we've…"
yesterday
peter chang replied to Damien Greenfield's discussion Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?
"I think it is quite possible the greatest savings will be realized by the lowest volume users. I…"
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service