Bob Blanchette's Discussions (416)

Discussions Replied To (342) Replies Latest Activity

"I'm with you on the small local shading as shown in the study, don't think it makes…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jul 17 to Condenser placement effect on efficiency

3 Jul 17
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"The issues is you size for PEAK, not AVERAGE conditions. This will vary by location,…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jun 14 to Convert BTU/hr in a Manual J to actual fuel usages

13 Jun 19
Reply by eric anderson

"Depends on the age of the system. The older the system, the less I'd put into it."

Bob Blanchette replied Jun 7 to What would be your preference?

7 Jun 7
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"FWIW the water heater is in a garage closet next to the furnace. The WH's fresh air…"

Bob Blanchette replied May 28 to Tankless Water Heaters... has their time finally come?

32 May 28
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"If I go with another tank it won't be an expensive direct vent model. I'll most like…"

Bob Blanchette replied May 24 to Tankless Water Heaters... has their time finally come?

32 May 28
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"HPWH are the least efficient when demand is greatest. As temps drop in the winter, H…"

Bob Blanchette replied May 24 to Tankless Water Heaters... has their time finally come?

32 May 28
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"82% EF tank costs $1,500 vs $550 for 82% tankless. Unless the gas line is $1,000 to…"

Bob Blanchette replied May 23 to Tankless Water Heaters... has their time finally come?

32 May 28
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"Some of the higher end Emerson thermostats do this. It's called "cool savings" and a…"

Bob Blanchette replied May 17 to Thermostat set points

5 May 17
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"I read the PDF you linked to, 1 cycle per hour is highly unrealistic but illustrates…"

Bob Blanchette replied May 12 to Heat loss from ducts

20 May 12
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"The ON delay is important also. Allowing the coil to get below 50 degrees before tur…"

Bob Blanchette replied May 12 to Heat loss from ducts

20 May 12
Reply by Bob Blanchette

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

tedkidd commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post My Energy Upgrade California—The Numbers Are In
"Yep, this thread has some good discussion. Back to dehumidification.  This may be…"
4 hours ago
Jim Gunshinan commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post My Energy Upgrade California—The Numbers Are In
"Thanks for the clarification Nate. If I had the ability to precisely measure what $50 of health…"
5 hours ago
Nate Adams commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post My Energy Upgrade California—The Numbers Are In
"Jim, Just a clarification, it's not DEhumidification I'm worried about in your climate,…"
5 hours ago
Chris McTaggart posted events
5 hours ago
Jim Gunshinan commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post My Energy Upgrade California—The Numbers Are In
"Hi Nate, I'm glad this post has generated so much good discussion, since that is its main…"
6 hours ago
Diane Chojnowski's group was featured
Thumbnail

Facebook Pages

Does your company or organization have a Facebook Page?This group is for pros who have facebook…See More
6 hours ago
Tom White joined Diane Chojnowski's group
Thumbnail

Facebook Pages

Does your company or organization have a Facebook Page?This group is for pros who have facebook…See More
6 hours ago
David Valley's photo was featured

ceiling_infrared

Cold air infiltrating the lower right portion of this wall and ceiling.
6 hours ago
Christopher Morin's 2 blog posts were featured
6 hours ago
Kurt Shafer's blog post was featured

What is your opinion about members promoting products here?

Hello,I am a whole house fan and attic ventilation expert in Temecula CA. I started studying whole…See More
6 hours ago
Scott Mellberg's blog post was featured

Lessons from Energy Efficiency Advisors: Getting Homeowners Onboard with Home Performance

Homeowners are often aware of the different problems they experience in their homes: uncomfortable…See More
6 hours ago
Trip's discussion was featured

Starting a Home Weatherization Business. Considering it...

I am considering starting a home weatherization business. (I live in Southeast Alabama)  Currently…See More
6 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service