Bob Blanchette's Discussions (422)

Discussions Replied To (346) Replies Latest Activity

"OG&E actually increased our off peak rate to 6 cents per KWH August 1st. On peak…"

Bob Blanchette replied Aug 3 to Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?

73 Aug 14
Reply by Kurt Shafer

"You live in a VERY different climate than I do. Whole house fan would be used 2 mont…"

Bob Blanchette replied Aug 3 to Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?

73 Aug 14
Reply by Kurt Shafer

"When outdoor conditions permit you could bring in outdoor air through the HVAC syste…"

Bob Blanchette replied Aug 2 to Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?

73 Aug 14
Reply by Kurt Shafer

"6,000 CFM at what static pressure? CFM ratings are worthless unless static pressure…"

Bob Blanchette replied Aug 2 to Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?

73 Aug 14
Reply by Kurt Shafer

"I'm with you on the small local shading as shown in the study, don't think it makes…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jul 17 to Condenser placement effect on efficiency

3 Jul 17
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"The issues is you size for PEAK, not AVERAGE conditions. This will vary by location,…"

Bob Blanchette replied Jun 14 to Convert BTU/hr in a Manual J to actual fuel usages

13 Jun 19
Reply by eric anderson

"Depends on the age of the system. The older the system, the less I'd put into it."

Bob Blanchette replied Jun 7 to What would be your preference?

7 Jun 7
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"FWIW the water heater is in a garage closet next to the furnace. The WH's fresh air…"

Bob Blanchette replied May 28 to Tankless Water Heaters... has their time finally come?

32 May 28
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"If I go with another tank it won't be an expensive direct vent model. I'll most like…"

Bob Blanchette replied May 24 to Tankless Water Heaters... has their time finally come?

32 May 28
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"HPWH are the least efficient when demand is greatest. As temps drop in the winter, H…"

Bob Blanchette replied May 24 to Tankless Water Heaters... has their time finally come?

32 May 28
Reply by Dennis Heidner

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Bud Poll replied to richard gaughan's discussion Advice for heating a 3-story Vermont home built in 1900?
"Oh my!!! I think it was there.  What I wanted to point out was the need to check for lead and…"
14 minutes ago
David Meiland replied to richard gaughan's discussion Advice for heating a 3-story Vermont home built in 1900?
"Bud, you got cutt off mid-sentence.... can you hear me now??"
25 minutes ago
Bud Poll replied to richard gaughan's discussion Advice for heating a 3-story Vermont home built in 1900?
"To add to Richards list of what might have"
2 hours ago
Hal Skinner replied to richard gaughan's discussion Advice for heating a 3-story Vermont home built in 1900?
"Hi Richard. If we are talking a circa 1900 home, is there any insulation in the walls at all? …"
3 hours ago
David Meiland replied to richard gaughan's discussion Advice for heating a 3-story Vermont home built in 1900?
"Bud is right on. Get a professional auditor to assess the building. Finding the right person may…"
4 hours ago
"Hi Richard, Being a science writer and this being rental units, here is a moral dilemma you…"
8 hours ago
richard gaughan posted a discussion

Advice for heating a 3-story Vermont home built in 1900?

I'm a science writer, as opposed to an energy professional, and I joined this group to try to keep…See More
11 hours ago
Christopher Talarico posted a discussion

Heating with Tankless Water Heater & Hydronic Air Handler vs. Gas Furnace

Hi,I've looked around online and haven't found a lot of good information on home heating with…See More
22 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service