Tom Mallard's Discussions (74)

Discussions Replied To (68) Replies Latest Activity

"The main solar wall now uses 12ft panels, the rear wall is 8ft, so, this is a no-bra…"

Tom Mallard replied Dec 27, 2011 to Applied Passive-solar Structural Design

48 Apr 2, 2012
Reply by Bill Bradbury

"My apology for not doing it sooner, will get drawings up tonight later, need to scan…"

48 Apr 2, 2012
Reply by Bill Bradbury

"Jim, quick reply from work, the solar wall is double glazing, very similar to double…"

48 Apr 2, 2012
Reply by Bill Bradbury

"Please consider that adding that a solar-gain wall to southern exposures can elimina…"

Tom Mallard replied Apr 18, 2011 to Energy Modeling Software - what works??

48 Feb 23, 2012
Reply by Jim Baerg

"I have a product design that fits between studs that's two heat-transfer units tied…"

Tom Mallard replied Mar 2, 2011 to Spray Foam vs. Fiberglass - R-value only?

25 Mar 2, 2011
Reply by Bryce Cramer

"A good wall system has the weather barrier, insulation, thermal-mass, interior finis…"

Tom Mallard replied Mar 1, 2011 to Radiant Barrier in the North?

16 Mar 1, 2011
Reply by Tom Mallard

"If you reflect back to the interior of the home it will reduce the loss-rate by some…"

Tom Mallard replied Mar 1, 2011 to Radiant Barrier in the North?

16 Mar 1, 2011
Reply by Tom Mallard

"Foams trap moisture so I'm reluctant to use them at all, moisture transport must be…"

Tom Mallard replied Mar 1, 2011 to Spray Foam vs. Fiberglass - R-value only?

25 Mar 2, 2011
Reply by Bryce Cramer

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Trip Smith posted a discussion

Where to spend my marketing dollars?

Hey everyone, I'm a new home performance company owner. (Originally a general contractor who is…See More
50 minutes ago
Profile IconManuel Gutierrez, Chris Baker, Sharon Cannizzo and 1 more joined Home Energy Pros
2 hours ago
Kevin Jordan replied to Kevin Jordan's discussion air infiltration total
"thanks.  but it was just an illustration of a hole 2x2 with money going out of that…"
5 hours ago
Tom White posted a video

Adaptive Thermostats Demonstration Results Installed at UC Davis 6/26/2014

In buildings where variations in occupancy would fool a standard programmable thermostat, new adaptive thermostats have potential for significant energy savi...
8 hours ago
Hal Skinner's discussion was featured

Has Lead Based Paint ever stopped you on an energy upgrade?

In the process of determining all the different things that a home energy rater suggests to a…See More
8 hours ago
George Kopf's 2 discussions were featured
8 hours ago
George Kopf posted discussions
11 hours ago
Craig Bird replied to Hal Skinner's discussion What this RCC will do on an exterior wall compared to standard paint. in the group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"I agree and studies done will agree with you in those cases too - it makes sense when there is…"
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service