Tom Mallard's Discussions (87)

Discussions Replied To (81) Replies Latest Activity

"Kaushal, this is a technical point, the reason from an energy standpoint they want l…"

Tom Mallard replied Apr 30 to Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

85 May 22
Reply by Kaushal Bharath Raju

"Thanks for the reply George, having followed around inspectors as part of the pickup…"

Tom Mallard replied Apr 30 to Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

85 May 22

"I'll post plans when they get finalized then results after it's built Kaushal. Since…"

Tom Mallard replied Apr 27 to Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

85 May 22

"Apology, this is rather much restating my earlier replies but is my reaction to the…"

Tom Mallard replied Apr 27 to Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

85 May 22

"After seeing the cost estimates by Glenn, my addition of insulation board under the…"

Tom Mallard replied Apr 21 to Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

85 May 22

"I've been working on simple thermal upgrades and for collecting heat the roof is a b…"

Tom Mallard replied Apr 21 to Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

85 May 22

"From a lot of these runs, I'd suggest you can leave the batting alone, my take is to…"

Tom Mallard replied Mar 6 to Rigid Foam (Polyiso) as a Weather-Resistive Barrier

10 Mar 18
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"By using insulation on the outside of the structure, you reduce conduction losses. T…"

Tom Mallard replied Mar 6 to Rigid Foam (Polyiso) as a Weather-Resistive Barrier

10 Mar 18
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"Glad I could entertain you Tom, and good luck to you!"

Tom Mallard replied Jan 27 to Energy Savings that Are Hot Air!

13 Jan 27
Reply by Tom Mallard

"Tom, some of my building experiences were to design and build passive-solar beginnin…"

Tom Mallard replied Jan 27 to Energy Savings that Are Hot Air!

13 Jan 27
Reply by Tom Mallard

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Shashank Kirloskar posted a blog post

Important Facts about Solar Energy

“I’d put my money on the sun and solar energy. What a source of power! I hope we don’t have to wait…See More
7 hours ago
reflintorm replied to Dennis McCarthy's discussion Solid state lighting - saves lives- and it improves life .
"In my observation, In most of the lightning appliances led bulbs are used because of their…"
8 hours ago
Chad Mcaulife posted photos
16 hours ago
Bob Blanchette commented on Jeremy Begley's blog post The Home Envelope : Does it Really Matter in a Heat Loss Calculation
"Infiltration makes a HUGE difference. Look at the heat loads on a windy day vs. a calm one. On a…"
16 hours ago
Bob Blanchette commented on Everblue's blog post Poor HVAC Installation Leads to Increased Energy Use
"That explains a LOT of why HVAC system continue to be sized by the same "rule of thumb"…"
16 hours ago
Profile IconChristian Asdal and Shashank Kirloskar joined Home Energy Pros
17 hours ago
Don Fitchett shared their video on Digg
17 hours ago
Don Fitchett shared their video on StumbleUpon
17 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service