Tom Mallard's Discussions (96)

Discussions Replied To (90) Replies Latest Activity

"Anything done to raise the roofing off the sheathing works to reduce the high temper…"

Tom Mallard replied Oct 25, 2014 to Where can I find the best radiant barrier to install under my roof?

16 Nov 1, 2014
Reply by Hal Skinner

"There will be moisture buildup on the faces of the insulation board so it shouldn't…"

Tom Mallard replied Sep 25, 2014 to Placement of 5/8" firewall, over or under foam board insulation?

16 Oct 2, 2014
Reply by Hal Skinner

"For self-heating homes I'm using an insulation board under the joists to be able to…"

Tom Mallard replied Sep 2, 2014 to How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?

39 Nov 21, 2014
Reply by Tom Mallard

"Under the average floor for a home with a crawl space is air you don't want inside t…"

Tom Mallard replied Jul 12, 2014 to Solar Heat Air

11 Jul 17, 2014
Reply by Bradley Wiesneth

"I was being specific, using the roof is for where nothing else is allowed for collec…"

Tom Mallard replied Jul 12, 2014 to Solar Heat Air

11 Jul 17, 2014

"Consider using sections of roof for the main thermal collection where it's not pract…"

Tom Mallard replied Jul 10, 2014 to Solar Heat Air

11 Jul 17, 2014

"Right, in all cases you have to reduce the wall heat-transfer rate to upgrade almost…"

Tom Mallard replied Apr 30, 2014 to Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

85 May 22, 2014
Reply by Kaushal Bharath Raju

""Leaky" is a relative term to thermal transfer rates and air is one of the least eff…"

Tom Mallard replied Apr 30, 2014 to Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

85 May 22, 2014

"Excellent Kaushal, all I can do at them moment is advocate using the roof as the mai…"

85 May 22, 2014

"Kaushal, this is a technical point, the reason from an energy standpoint they want l…"

85 May 22, 2014

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Nate Adams's discussion was featured
5 hours ago
Bud Poll replied to Bud Poll's discussion CO poisoning in Yarmouth Maine
"Hi Chad, I sure would like to hear the follow-up on what caused the CO issue down there.  As…"
8 hours ago
Chad Mcaulife replied to Bud Poll's discussion CO poisoning in Yarmouth Maine
"I got a call yesterday from a homeowner who had a direct vent furnace installed a year ago and she…"
9 hours ago
Windzer Pierre-Louis replied to Matthew P's discussion Needed: Gas Detector and CO Detector. What do you recommend?
"Matt, I am new to the industry, less than 6 months. I love the mission of the industry; to bring…"
9 hours ago
Todd Collins replied to Nate Adams's discussion One Knob and the Pain That Inspired It
"Home performance is about comfort and energy savings.  We are working on a document about…"
10 hours ago
tedkidd commented on Shawna Henderson's blog post Sales funnels are funny shaped things
"Nice Venn Diagram. Product sales vs Consultative Solutions sales. We like the Sandler Selling…"
10 hours ago
Andrew Aliferis replied to Patrick Michaelyan's discussion Proper means to "plug" flue pipes after testing gas appliances.
"Patrick, These are what works for the programs I am involved in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. They…"
10 hours ago
Profile IconTravis Thom and Amita Singh joined Home Energy Pros
11 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service