Tom Mallard's Discussions (73)

Discussions Replied To (67) Replies Latest Activity

"After seeing the cost estimates by Glenn, my addition of insulation board under the…"

Tom Mallard replied Apr 21 to Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

85 May 22
Reply by Kaushal Bharath Raju

"I've been working on simple thermal upgrades and for collecting heat the roof is a b…"

Tom Mallard replied Apr 21 to Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

85 May 22
Reply by Kaushal Bharath Raju

"From a lot of these runs, I'd suggest you can leave the batting alone, my take is to…"

Tom Mallard replied Mar 6 to Rigid Foam (Polyiso) as a Weather-Resistive Barrier

10 Mar 18
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"By using insulation on the outside of the structure, you reduce conduction losses. T…"

Tom Mallard replied Mar 6 to Rigid Foam (Polyiso) as a Weather-Resistive Barrier

10 Mar 18
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"Glad I could entertain you Tom, and good luck to you!"

Tom Mallard replied Jan 27 to Energy Savings that Are Hot Air!

13 Jan 27
Reply by Tom Mallard

"Tom, some of my building experiences were to design and build passive-solar beginnin…"

Tom Mallard replied Jan 27 to Energy Savings that Are Hot Air!

13 Jan 27
Reply by Tom Mallard

"For wood-frame residential the easiest way to improve things is under floors remove…"

Tom Mallard replied Jan 25 to Energy Savings that Are Hot Air!

13 Jan 27
Reply by Tom Mallard

"This is a thermal model run of 400-minutes, 20C delta-T between a standard wall and…"

Tom Mallard replied Jan 23 to Energy Savings that Are Hot Air!

13 Jan 27
Reply by Tom Mallard

""Air conditioning" to me is really antiquated for desert living where wind-solar can…"

Tom Mallard replied Oct 11, 2013 to Does infiltration really reduce the r-value of our insulation?

14 Oct 11, 2013
Reply by Bud Poll

"Joe's comment on roofs adds to my preference as an upgrade to remove the siding, add…"

Tom Mallard replied Jul 18, 2013 to Does infiltration really reduce the r-value of our insulation?

14 Oct 11, 2013
Reply by Bud Poll

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Bud Poll replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"Hi Hal, Search "Basecalc basement heat loss".  From memory Canada (nrcan) has/had a…"
1 hour ago
Michael Dunseith posted photos
13 hours ago
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"II just remembered seeing a report by a federal adency, many years ago, that basically said …"
16 hours ago
Don Fitchett commented on Tom White's video
Thumbnail

Alliant Energy's PowerHouse TV: Sealing Leaky Ductwork

"Very educational. thanks for sharing Tom."
19 hours ago
Hal Skinner posted a discussion

How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?

I am asking this as I do not recall anyone speaking of any study to this end.  Many comments about…See More
19 hours ago

Mike Braun just added their location.
(via Member Map)

20 hours ago
Bud Poll replied to Bud Poll's discussion Another benefit from air sealing
"From my work in NY City many years ago, the critters I saw would never have fit through a quarter…"
yesterday
Barbara Smith replied to Bud Poll's discussion Another benefit from air sealing
"Eliminating quarter sized holes can impede rats from entering a building, in areas where rats tend…"
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service