Tom Mallard's Discussions (75)

Discussions Replied To (69) Replies Latest Activity

"I'll post plans when they get finalized then results after it's built Kaushal. Since…"

Tom Mallard replied Apr 27 to Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

85 May 22
Reply by Kaushal Bharath Raju

"Apology, this is rather much restating my earlier replies but is my reaction to the…"

Tom Mallard replied Apr 27 to Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

85 May 22

"After seeing the cost estimates by Glenn, my addition of insulation board under the…"

Tom Mallard replied Apr 21 to Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

85 May 22

"I've been working on simple thermal upgrades and for collecting heat the roof is a b…"

Tom Mallard replied Apr 21 to Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

85 May 22

"From a lot of these runs, I'd suggest you can leave the batting alone, my take is to…"

Tom Mallard replied Mar 6 to Rigid Foam (Polyiso) as a Weather-Resistive Barrier

10 Mar 18
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"By using insulation on the outside of the structure, you reduce conduction losses. T…"

Tom Mallard replied Mar 6 to Rigid Foam (Polyiso) as a Weather-Resistive Barrier

10 Mar 18
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"Glad I could entertain you Tom, and good luck to you!"

Tom Mallard replied Jan 27 to Energy Savings that Are Hot Air!

13 Jan 27
Reply by Tom Mallard

"Tom, some of my building experiences were to design and build passive-solar beginnin…"

Tom Mallard replied Jan 27 to Energy Savings that Are Hot Air!

13 Jan 27
Reply by Tom Mallard

"For wood-frame residential the easiest way to improve things is under floors remove…"

Tom Mallard replied Jan 25 to Energy Savings that Are Hot Air!

13 Jan 27
Reply by Tom Mallard

"This is a thermal model run of 400-minutes, 20C delta-T between a standard wall and…"

Tom Mallard replied Jan 23 to Energy Savings that Are Hot Air!

13 Jan 27
Reply by Tom Mallard

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Profile IconGina M., Brian J. Mulhern, James Tucker and 2 more joined Home Energy Pros
38 minutes ago
Casey Gesell replied to Trip Smith's discussion Where to spend my marketing dollars?
"Trip, Check out our sister company Contractor Nation: https://www.contractornation.com/ Pay Only…"
42 minutes ago
Casey Gesell posted a discussion

Looking for home improvement companies to join our dealer network!

My name is Casey Gesell and I'm the Business Development Manager at Dr. Energy Saver, Inc.Dr.…See More
48 minutes ago
Casey Gesell replied to Trip Smith's discussion Starting a Home Weatherization Business. Considering it...
"Hi Trip, Check out our website: www.drenergysaverdealerships.com "
1 hour ago
Alicia Hobbs posted a blog post
1 hour ago
Mark Wozniak posted a status
"I am looking for energy efficiency software training in Massachusetts."
3 hours ago
daniel manriquez replied to Trip Smith's discussion Starting a Home Weatherization Business. Considering it...
"Here's a contractor perspective on incentives. Not that I agree with all of it, but its a good…"
3 hours ago
Rick Wertheim joined Kyle Brown's group
Thumbnail

Wrightsoft - Manual J / Manual D

If you use Wrightsoft to calculate loads or design ducts, you likely have questions.  Get answers…See More
5 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service