Tom Mallard's Discussions (104)

Discussions Replied To (98) Replies Latest Activity

"The grid mixes power, you can't tell where it came from unless you're doing the mix,…"

Tom Mallard replied Jan 3 to Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?

73 Jan 8
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"Since solar hot-water units are cheap vs anything interior to a home and the water t…"

Tom Mallard replied Jan 2 to Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?

73 Jan 8
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"Thanks Theodore, perfect info."

Tom Mallard replied Jan 2 to Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?

73 Jan 8
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"Can't ask for much more than that, cheers Irvin!"

Tom Mallard replied Jan 2 to Unhappy customer, feels should have saved more...

24 Jan 8
Reply by Richard C. MacCrea

"Have any of you ever run heat-transfer modeling of what you build, and how can you t…"

Tom Mallard replied Jan 2 to Unhappy customer, feels should have saved more...

24 Jan 8
Reply by Richard C. MacCrea

"From my own & Earthship experience, add solar hot-water using a 150-gallon tank…"

73 Jan 8
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"It doesn't take much of a solar collector for hot-water to seriously reduce how ofte…"

Tom Mallard replied Dec 15, 2014 to Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?

73 Jan 8
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"Thx, Robert. Being a PNWester where crawl spaces are moist or wet seasonally & s…"

Tom Mallard replied Nov 21, 2014 to How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?

39 Nov 21, 2014
Reply by Tom Mallard

"And if you can't afford that, add thermal collection and you may not need to worry a…"

Tom Mallard replied Nov 20, 2014 to How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?

39 Nov 21, 2014
Reply by Tom Mallard

"I've found plenty of SW/LWIR coating companies in photonics most for lenses some for…"

Tom Mallard replied Nov 7, 2014 to How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?

39 Nov 21, 2014
Reply by Tom Mallard

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

randy tolowski replied to randy tolowski's discussion Another unvented roof question
"you are correct. we won't know how these new products perform long term. I hope I get the ok…"
yesterday
randy tolowski replied to randy tolowski's discussion Another unvented roof question
"good info Sean thanks for the heads-up on calling it a sip. code approved hot roof system sounds…"
yesterday
Bud Poll replied to randy tolowski's discussion Another unvented roof question
"I've removed caulking that was over 30 years old and it outlasted the materials to which it…"
Friday
Profile IconAmanda Hallock, Kalvis, Tyler Grubbs and 6 more joined Home Energy Pros
Friday
Corbett Lunsford posted videos
Friday
Sean Lintow Sr replied to randy tolowski's discussion Another unvented roof question
Friday
randy tolowski posted discussions
Friday
Todd Collins replied to Tom Strumolo's discussion Ancient (70's) wall foam insulation, now a powder.
"What did you find about the dust?  "
Friday

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service