Tom Mallard's Discussions (148)

Discussions Replied To (141) Replies Latest Activity

"Integrating it all is hard if the design didn't have that in mind & few homes do…"

Tom Mallard replied May 19 to No Utility Homes, Are we ready to start building Homes that are not connected to traditional utilities ?

11 May 24
Reply by R Higgins

"The largest issue being off-grid is thermal energy, heating & cooling my guess 8…"

Tom Mallard replied May 19 to No Utility Homes, Are we ready to start building Homes that are not connected to traditional utilities ?

11 May 24
Reply by R Higgins

"A furring strip over each stud is the method anyway, they are glued-n-screwed on wit…"

Tom Mallard replied May 12 to No Utility Homes, Are we ready to start building Homes that are not connected to traditional utilities ?

11 May 24
Reply by R Higgins

"For homes with septic tanks that effluent can be used to grow algae using photo-bior…"

Tom Mallard replied May 12 to No Utility Homes, Are we ready to start building Homes that are not connected to traditional utilities ?

11 May 24
Reply by R Higgins

"Earthship's have been doing solar-thermal water for several decades they recommend a…"

Tom Mallard replied May 12 to Net Zero Energy Hot Water

18 May 12
Reply by Tom Mallard

"I'm suspecting the dust gets into the attic at the eaves where the largest pressure…"

Tom Mallard replied Apr 14 to Airflow "through" a building or "beneath" the exterior cladding

3 Apr 14
Reply by Tom Mallard

"Sidenote first, the thermal units are a commercial brand sold with the pump, they ma…"

Tom Mallard replied Apr 11 to Cooling effect from solar panels

15 May 5
Reply by Steve Leombruno

"Agree that shading does work to reduce heat-load nice stats from Dennis, now conside…"

Tom Mallard replied Apr 11 to Cooling effect from solar panels

15 May 5
Reply by Steve Leombruno

"Yeah, it's all a mess, eh? Thus consider it's due to the floor not being airtight, m…"

Tom Mallard replied Mar 31 to Radon: Truth vs. Myth

147 Mar 31
Reply by Rodney Fox

"Replying to Rodney's post not having a reply on that comment as a builder-contractor…"

Tom Mallard replied Mar 25 to Radon: Truth vs. Myth

147 Mar 31
Reply by Rodney Fox

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Twitter

Latest Activity

Chris Heenan replied to Dale Hoffmeyer's discussion Friends and Family Referral Marketing
"I wish this forum had thumbs up buttons."
2 hours ago
Russ Eisenberg replied to Dale Hoffmeyer's discussion Friends and Family Referral Marketing
"I like a 2 prong approach.  Refer someone and the referrer gets $X and the referral gets $x…"
2 hours ago
Brian Toll replied to Dale Hoffmeyer's discussion Friends and Family Referral Marketing
"We get a handful of audit referrals each month by offering a $25 bounty to our customers through…"
3 hours ago
Tom White's video was featured

Hayward Healthy Home Principles and Products

Bill Hayward discusses the principles that were used to build the first Hayward Healthy Home and how the products were evaluated for toxicity before they wer...
3 hours ago
jackie harsha is now a member of Home Energy Pros
3 hours ago
Diane Chojnowski replied to Jan Green's discussion Retrofitting a 1979 Home to NAHB Silver or Gold - Pending Cert
"Jan, please post your slide deck or presentation here. We'd love to see it!"
3 hours ago
Jan Green posted a discussion

Retrofitting a 1979 Home to NAHB Silver or Gold - Pending Cert

I'm excited to be the lone speaker for the last in a series of lectures for the Scottsdale Green…See More
yesterday
Crosbey Archery liked Crosbey Archery's blog post How to improve the air quality in your home ?
Saturday

© 2016   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service