Jim Baerg's Discussions (10)

Discussions Replied To (9) Replies Latest Activity

"In the North, when the heat is needed most is at night and on colder, cloudy days. P…"

Jim Baerg replied May 19 to No Utility Homes, Are we ready to start building Homes that are not connected to traditional utilities ?

11 May 24
Reply by R Higgins

"All well and good, but you still have to come up with solutions to provide electrici…"

Jim Baerg replied May 19 to No Utility Homes, Are we ready to start building Homes that are not connected to traditional utilities ?

11 May 24
Reply by R Higgins

"I did a Web search on this recently; NEC prohibits covering K&T with insulation.…"

Jim Baerg replied Mar 6, 2014 to Insulating with *Updated* (an oxymoron, right!) knob and tube wiring

8 Mar 29, 2014
Reply by Ethan Bodnaruk

"Good list.  I'd like to comment on Myth #1 about registers.  Closing registers (and…"

Jim Baerg replied Apr 15, 2013 to Energy Myths- Fact or Fiction?

8 Apr 15, 2013
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"I've drilled wood window and door jambs on double wythe brick walls and then dense p…"

Jim Baerg replied Apr 12, 2013 to HELP - AIR SEALING a Continuous Stone Interior/ Exterior Wall

16 Mar 17
Reply by Mick Lane

"James,  here's what I meant about masonry stoves or radiant floors in poorly insulat…"

Jim Baerg replied Dec 21, 2012 to Russian Wood Stoves (Masonry Stoves)

33 May 9, 2013
Reply by Jeena Smith

"Don't forget that masonry stoves work best (just like radiant floors) in poorly insu…"

Jim Baerg replied Dec 3, 2012 to Russian Wood Stoves (Masonry Stoves)

33 May 9, 2013
Reply by Jeena Smith

"How about this idea that I saw used on mid-floor balloon framed floors;  in the base…"

Jim Baerg replied Nov 1, 2012 to Dense pack cellulose in enclosed rim joist

24 Nov 9, 2012
Reply by Tom Walther

"http://apps1.eere.energy.gov/buildings/publications/pdfs/homescore/auditing_tool_rev…"

Jim Baerg replied Feb 23, 2012 to Energy Modeling Software - what works??

48 Feb 23, 2012
Reply by Jim Baerg

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Twitter

Latest Activity

Amber Vignieri commented on Amber Vignieri's blog post Elevate Energy Mythbusters: Windows & Attics Edition
"Thanks Jackie! Glad you found it useful. We're always trying to make home energy performance…"
36 minutes ago
Dale@EnergyWright commented on Paul Scheckel's blog post Gas vs Induction Cooking Energy Comparison
"The Induction website has a wealth of information, both pro and con, about induction…"
42 minutes ago
jackie harsha commented on Amber Vignieri's blog post Elevate Energy Mythbusters: Windows & Attics Edition
"Enjoyed your post. "
17 hours ago
Tom White's video was featured

CalCERTS How To: Duct Leakage to Outside Test

Training Video to show how to perform a Duct Leakage to Outside Test
17 hours ago
jackie harsha shared their blog post on Facebook
18 hours ago
Yaniv Yonatan Abitan is now a member of Home Energy Pros
20 hours ago
Nickie Irvine commented on Paul Scheckel's blog post Gas vs Induction Cooking Energy Comparison
"Comment to Tauren on costs of natural gas vs electric induction.  Because of the extremely…"
20 hours ago
tedkidd liked Paul Scheckel's blog post Gas vs Induction Cooking Energy Comparison
20 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service