Weatherization (16)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Roof Air Vents Above Bend Oregon Garage Attic

My home, built in 1990, has two vents (plus a hot water tank exhaust pipe vent and various leaks to the outside) located in the roof over a…

Started by John Harper

11 Jan 13, 2013
Reply by Robert D York Jr

Indoor Air Quality, Mold and the Proper Home Owner Response

Don't panic!   Properly Responding to Mold in the Home

Started by James H. Bushart

0 Jul 2, 2012

Air Sealing Woes

I have been able to reduce the leakage rate of a challenging house built in the 1920s. Still, the homeowners are adamant about wanting to…

Started by Patrick Michaelyan

30 May 31, 2012
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

Treating crawl spaces (with ductwork) when the adjacent basement ceiling is insulated.

I am currently speaking with a homeowner who would like to replace the existing FG batt insulation in the ceiling above his crawl space. Th…

Started by Patrick Michaelyan

4 Feb 17, 2012
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

Insulating a garage in hot dry climate?

I do not believe it makes sense to insulate a garage in a hot climate like the desert southwest. This assumes the homeowner does NOT plan t…

Started by Craig Bird

8 Feb 3, 2012
Reply by Alexander Bell

Favorite way to seal electrical boxes/outlets?

What is the preferred method of sealing electrical boxes? 1: Foam gaskets behind trim plate 2: Expanding foam 3: Caulking 4: Drywall Mud

Started by Bob Blanchette

5 Jan 19, 2012
Reply by Tad Duby

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Aaren Stewart posted a discussion

HVAC - Cooling and Heating Load Reduction

Common load reduction strategies include:      Tightening your building covering and adding…See More
43 minutes ago
Kevin Jordan posted a photo
5 hours ago
Mike Burton joined allen p tanner's group
Thumbnail

Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase

Discuss the pros and cons of the equipment you are interested in prior to purchase. Post equipment…See More
7 hours ago
Hal Skinner replied to Trip Smith's discussion Starting a Home Weatherization Business. Considering it...
"Hi Tri,p Your 'Yard sign' comment caught my eye.  I work with a Radiant Barrier…"
7 hours ago
Profile IconEric Kjelshus and Trip Smith joined James Sayers's group
Thumbnail

Marketing Energy Efficiency

Sharing ideas, tools and examples of promoting energy efficiency to consumersSee More
10 hours ago
Bob Blanchette replied to Christopher Talarico's discussion Heating with Tankless Water Heater & Hydronic Air Handler vs. Gas Furnace
"When it costs the same price as 2 separate systems there is no juice regardless of how hard you…"
11 hours ago
j. west shared Christopher Morin's blog post on Facebook
17 hours ago
j. west commented on Christopher Morin's blog post UPDATED: Big Changes for Duct Testing in MA
"You're right Christopher- the trick to saving the profit margin is being in several places at…"
17 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service