Weatherization (16)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Roof Air Vents Above Bend Oregon Garage Attic

My home, built in 1990, has two vents (plus a hot water tank exhaust pipe vent and various leaks to the outside) located in the roof over a…

Started by John Harper

11 Jan 13, 2013
Reply by Robert D York Jr

Indoor Air Quality, Mold and the Proper Home Owner Response

Don't panic!   Properly Responding to Mold in the Home

Started by James H. Bushart

0 Jul 2, 2012

Air Sealing Woes

I have been able to reduce the leakage rate of a challenging house built in the 1920s. Still, the homeowners are adamant about wanting to…

Started by Patrick Michaelyan

30 May 31, 2012
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

Treating crawl spaces (with ductwork) when the adjacent basement ceiling is insulated.

I am currently speaking with a homeowner who would like to replace the existing FG batt insulation in the ceiling above his crawl space. Th…

Started by Patrick Michaelyan

4 Feb 17, 2012
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

Insulating a garage in hot dry climate?

I do not believe it makes sense to insulate a garage in a hot climate like the desert southwest. This assumes the homeowner does NOT plan t…

Started by Craig Bird

8 Feb 3, 2012
Reply by Alexander Bell

Favorite way to seal electrical boxes/outlets?

What is the preferred method of sealing electrical boxes? 1: Foam gaskets behind trim plate 2: Expanding foam 3: Caulking 4: Drywall Mud

Started by Bob Blanchette

5 Jan 19, 2012
Reply by Tad Duby

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Susan E. Buchan posted a status
"EEBA's Conference in St. Louis last week was a great success! Presentations at http://www.eeba.org/conference/2014-presentations."
10 hours ago
Jan Green replied to George Kopf's discussion Real Estate Professionals need our support - but how?
"It helps for companies to understand what the public wants and to educate them so that realtors are…"
10 hours ago
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion An example of what an RCC can do with no R- insulation in the walls.
"Hi Bret and thans for the offer.   I sent you a friend request so I can send you a…"
10 hours ago
Kevin Jordan shared George Kopf's discussion on Facebook
10 hours ago
Kevin Jordan replied to George Kopf's discussion Real Estate Professionals need our support - but how?
"so who funds the greening of the inventory? would this be company by company?"
10 hours ago
Don Fitchett commented on Home Energy Magazine's blog post A Day in the Life of Learning
"This is a great addition to the July edition. Our PLC training uses the three areas too, but more…"
10 hours ago
Bret Curry replied to Hal Skinner's discussion An example of what an RCC can do with no R- insulation in the walls.
"Hal, Not sure if you serve the Little Rock market, or know of a company who does. If you know of…"
11 hours ago
Robert Cameron's discussion was featured

Air duct testing questions.

Many towns are now adopting the 2012 code about duct testing.  This is a great thing. However I…See More
11 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service