Weatherization (21)

Featured Discussions

Energy Efficient Entry Door options out there?

So i have been on the mission to look for a stylish modern door that is both beautiful, but also energy efficient, with low air leakage.  I…

Started by Tauran IvallLatest Reply

Spray foam insulation on the sill/granite junction

Has anyone had any experience with moisture damage to the sill beam of a post and beam house as the result of installing 2-part spray foam…

Started by John PorterLatest Reply

Windows and Home Performance

The Milwaukee Energy Efficiency program (Me2) helps homeowners finance energy efficiency improvements, primarily insulation and air sealing…

Started by Erick ShambargerLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Fireplace drafts

The weather is getting cold and a lot of people do not understand the way a fireplace is designed.  In order to allow the smoke to dra…

Started by Beverly Lerch

17 Jan 2
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

Lower Use of Portable Electric Space Heaters

Excessive use of portable electric space heaters causes high electric bills. So we would like to lower or eliminate use of portable electri…

Started by Barbara Smith

0 Nov 23, 2016

Energy Efficient Entry Door options out there?

So i have been on the mission to look for a stylish modern door that is both beautiful, but also energy efficient, with low air leakage.  I…

Started by Tauran Ivall

25 Nov 28, 2015
Reply by Tauran Ivall

Spray foam insulation on the sill/granite junction

Has anyone had any experience with moisture damage to the sill beam of a post and beam house as the result of installing 2-part spray foam…

Started by John Porter

1 Jan 7, 2015
Reply by Chad Mcaulife

Windows and Home Performance

The Milwaukee Energy Efficiency program (Me2) helps homeowners finance energy efficiency improvements, primarily insulation and air sealing…

Started by Erick Shambarger

1 Dec 8, 2014
Reply by Tom White

What do you think of the LEED Platinum affordable rehab?

Akron Summit Community Action, Inc. (Akron YouthBuild) partnered with Saint-Gobain through the Saint-Gobain Corporation Foundation with sup…

Started by Brett Little

0 Jun 13, 2014

Leveraging other trades to get EE

There's a really well produced online magazine called ThisIsCarpentry (http://www.thisiscarpentry.com/) that promotes the craft of trim car…

Started by Craig Savage

11 Jun 5, 2014
Reply by Craig Savage

Insulating with *Updated* (an oxymoron, right!) knob and tube wiring

Hi everyone, I live in New York State and haven't been able to find good information on whether or not we can get our house insulated.  I'…

Started by Ethan Bodnaruk

8 Mar 29, 2014
Reply by Ethan Bodnaruk

Weatherization Assistance Program

Our Home Performance Company recently started working with our local WAP program bidding on jobs that the local WAP program audited. We use…

Started by Noah Glatfelter

0 Mar 18, 2014

DHW thermosiphoning question

Good morning everyone, I was hoping you could help settle a debate. When choosing to insulate the cold water intake pipe on a HWH, is it ne…

Started by Rob Buchanan

2 Dec 9, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Latest Activity

Kim added a discussion to the group Job Board
Thumbnail

QA Weatherization Field Inspector Philadelphia or Northern New Jersey

QA Weatherization Field Inspector (Phila. Or Northern New Jersey)Are you looking for a…See More
1 hour ago
Barbara Smith's video was featured

Advanced framing techniques

In some ways building a new house hasn't changed much over the last 100 years. Some builders are changing the way a home is constructed to make sure the hous... From Alliant Energy PowerHouse TV Channel on YouTube
1 hour ago
Kim joined Diane Chojnowski's group
Thumbnail

Job Board

This group is for posting jobs related to all aspects of the home performance industry including…See More
2 hours ago
Profile IconKim, Brandon Robidoux, Damon Morales and 3 more joined Home Energy Pros
3 hours ago
Michael Woodham posted a photo

Shelves & Cabinets Maker - Spaceworks Design

Renovate your Home & Office by installing Shelves and Custom Cabinets!Stunning Home &…
13 hours ago
Thermodyne Boilers posted a discussion

Major problems which can cause troubles in Boilers

Most boilers come with a manufacturer’s warranty.…See More
13 hours ago
Kevin Daly added a discussion to the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
Thumbnail

Minneapolis Blower Door Model 3 for sale

Selling minimally used Minneapolis Blower Door DG-700 model 3. Includes model 3 fan, DG-700…See More
18 hours ago
marius gherman posted a video

Winter conditions, perfect operation - ROTEX / DAIKIN heat pump

FIAMMA company, ROTEX partner in Romania, offering turnkey packages to improve energy efficiency, from supply to installation. With an experience of over 25 ...
yesterday

Home Energy Pros

Welcome to Home Energy Pros – the unique digital community by and for those who work in the home energy performance arena.

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (supported by the U.S. Department of Energy) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network. Please honor our Guidelines

© 2017   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service