HVAC (48)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

UV light in Furnace?

Had our furnace and air ducts cleaned today for the first time in years; could have spun an entire dog from all the embedded hair.  The ser…

Started by Home Energy Magazine

29 Mar 25, 2014
Reply by Brett Little

LBNL looking for HVAC contractors that service Small Commercial

Our team at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory has developed an Energy Management Package to target small commercial buildings that is d…

Started by Erin Hult

9 Feb 15, 2014
Reply by Curt Kinder

Low Gas Pressure

I have been running no heat calls all day - today I have found  lots of very low gas pressure you can run the Nat Gas hot water heater or 9…

Started by Eric Kjelshus

8 Jan 15, 2014
Reply by Tom DelConte

Troubleshooting a Furnace Blower

Looking for some help troubleshooting this furnace blower issue! Carrier Model 58CTX070 Furnace is not delivering much air to supply gril…

Started by Bachi Brunato

12 Jan 5, 2014
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Geothermal Indoor Air Quality

I'd like the experts here to weigh in on this.  I've been hearing a lot of claims about the better IAQ you get with geothermal systems.  In…

Started by Trish Holder

2 Dec 27, 2013
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

Student needs help for HVAC research project

Hi, I am a Building Science student, working on a residential HVAC research project. Specifically, I am comparing the following types of sy…

Started by Lena Burkett

7 Nov 22, 2013
Reply by prisco tammaro

Underground ductwork

Do you think the air loss will be minimal in the following situation Underground duct with some separation at the joints, trenched and enc…

Started by Kevin

19 Oct 8, 2013
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Cooling His Room With a Big Refrigerator - What is Wrong with That?

It was very hot this July 4th for Peter when his room AC broke down.  Nothing taste better than a cold beer from the refrigerator.  …

Started by Perry Ning

5 Sep 14, 2013
Reply by Perry Ning

Super Seal and Dry R

Hi, I installed my York system 2 years ago July 2011 and this month I found ice on my coils, I have 3.5 ton system with new refrigerant lin…

Started by George Gereis

3 Sep 13, 2013
Reply by James White

Air Handler Fan Speed

As much as I would like to say I am an expert, I am not when it comes to the actual performance and settings of a residential gas furnace a…

Started by Joshua Lloyd

15 Jul 8, 2013
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

RSS

Featured Forum Discussions

Too many BTU's. Too much horsepower?

Started by Steve in General Forum. Last reply by Walter Ahlgrim 15 hours ago. 3 Replies

Stack/wind pressure and flow networks.

Started by Daniel James Grundy in Training. Last reply by Daniel James Grundy 19 hours ago. 5 Replies

BDT with vermiculite in hollow CMU walls?

Started by Brad Cook in General Forum. Last reply by John Nicholas yesterday. 2 Replies

Strange IR Image

Started by Larry Nissman in General Forum. Last reply by Brad Cook Mar 9. 7 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Latest Activity

Sarah OConnell posted a blog post

Crowdsourcing for Innovation

Share Your Ideas!Novel Building Envelope Design for Increased Thermal PerformanceIn 2014, more than…See More
3 hours ago
Colin de Paor is now a member of Home Energy Pros
5 hours ago
Walter Ahlgrim replied to Steve's discussion Too many BTU's. Too much horsepower?
"The 5 ton system you have is not 500 hp racecar engines they are 500 hp truck engines. The duct…"
15 hours ago
Daniel James Grundy replied to Daniel James Grundy's discussion Stack/wind pressure and flow networks.
"So I wanted to start with a basic who can help then go into more detail later. But yes find…"
19 hours ago
Daniel James Grundy replied to Daniel James Grundy's discussion Stack/wind pressure and flow networks.
"My tutor got back to me and while areas don't quite feel right a little to much assumptions…"
19 hours ago
Brennan Less replied to Daniel James Grundy's discussion Stack/wind pressure and flow networks.
"Daniel, I'm assuming you're trying to predict the airflows through the different openings…"
21 hours ago
Martin Newmark joined allen p tanner's group
Thumbnail

Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase

Discuss the pros and cons of the equipment you are interested in prior to purchase. Post equipment…See More
23 hours ago
John Nicholas replied to Brad Cook's discussion BDT with vermiculite in hollow CMU walls?
"If the drywall is in good shape, you should have little worries about the 50pa depressurization…"
yesterday

Home Energy Pros

Welcome to Home Energy Pros – the unique digital community by and for those who work in the home energy performance arena.

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (supported by the U.S. Department of Energy) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network. Please honor our Guidelines

© 2017   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service