HVAC (37)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Troubleshooting a Furnace Blower

Looking for some help troubleshooting this furnace blower issue! Carrier Model 58CTX070 Furnace is not delivering much air to supply gril…

Started by Bachi Brunato

12 Jan 5
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Geothermal Indoor Air Quality

I'd like the experts here to weigh in on this.  I've been hearing a lot of claims about the better IAQ you get with geothermal systems.  In…

Started by Trish Holder

2 Dec 27, 2013
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

Student needs help for HVAC research project

Hi, I am a Building Science student, working on a residential HVAC research project. Specifically, I am comparing the following types of sy…

Started by Lena Burkett

7 Nov 22, 2013
Reply by prisco tammaro

Underground ductwork

Do you think the air loss will be minimal in the following situation Underground duct with some separation at the joints, trenched and enc…

Started by Kevin

19 Oct 8, 2013
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Cooling His Room With a Big Refrigerator - What is Wrong with That?

It was very hot this July 4th for Peter when his room AC broke down.  Nothing taste better than a cold beer from the refrigerator.  …

Started by Perry Ning

5 Sep 14, 2013
Reply by Perry Ning

Super Seal and Dry R

Hi, I installed my York system 2 years ago July 2011 and this month I found ice on my coils, I have 3.5 ton system with new refrigerant lin…

Started by George Gereis

3 Sep 13, 2013
Reply by James White

Air Handler Fan Speed

As much as I would like to say I am an expert, I am not when it comes to the actual performance and settings of a residential gas furnace a…

Started by Joshua Lloyd

15 Jul 8, 2013
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

Geothermal real-world performance

I've heard that measured performance of actual, installed geoexchange systems can be much lower than advertized COP numbers. Is anyone awar…

Started by Doug Horgan

32 Apr 18, 2013
Reply by Terry D. Davenport

New furnace causing interference with AM radio?

I just wrapped up a quality assurance site inspection where I heard something unusual. The homeowner had a new furnace & central air co…

Started by Nick Helmholdt

9 Mar 25, 2013
Reply by Nick Helmholdt

Where to install the vapor barrier for a finished basement?

I have an audit customer that is in the process of finishing his basement. The basement foundation walls are poured concrete. He has instal…

Started by Jim Klebes

7 Jan 25, 2013
Reply by Ken Watts

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

jerry gentile replied to Chad Mcaulife's discussion BPI QCI Cert.
"you are spot on my friend-- during the exam I said this is ridiculous--- I have bpi certs for…"
2 hours ago
Eric Kjelshus commented on Jeremy Begley's blog post The Home Envelope : Does it Really Matter in a Heat Loss Caculation
"IT all matters,  I lot of sealing,  A lot of air barrier.  A lot of "R" A…"
15 hours ago
Michael Dunseith posted a status
"BPI Infiltration and Duct leakage (IDL) Certified"
20 hours ago
Jeremy Begley posted a blog post
23 hours ago
Kim Burnett joined Sean Lintow Sr's group
Thumbnail

Best Practices (Residential)

Best Building, Retrofitting, or even Auditing Practices - what are they, what should change, what…See More
23 hours ago
Kent Mitchell commented on Adam Swain's blog post Top Worst Crawl Space Insulation Ideas
"Hi Adam - It sounds like you may be referring to enclosed crawlspaces - Here in the NW we've…"
yesterday
peter chang replied to Damien Greenfield's discussion Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?
"I think it is quite possible the greatest savings will be realized by the lowest volume users. I…"
yesterday
Marie Fuentes is now a member of Home Energy Pros
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service