HVAC (31)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Geothermal real-world performance

I've heard that measured performance of actual, installed geoexchange systems can be much lower than advertized COP numbers. Is anyone awar…

Started by Doug Horgan

32 Apr 18, 2013
Reply by Terry D. Davenport

New furnace causing interference with AM radio?

I just wrapped up a quality assurance site inspection where I heard something unusual. The homeowner had a new furnace & central air co…

Started by Nick Helmholdt

9 Mar 25, 2013
Reply by Nick Helmholdt

Where to install the vapor barrier for a finished basement?

I have an audit customer that is in the process of finishing his basement. The basement foundation walls are poured concrete. He has instal…

Started by Jim Klebes

7 Jan 25, 2013
Reply by Ken Watts

Dirty Sock Syndrome in high efficiency HVAC units

I was recently told my new HE HVAC unit has the dreaded dirty sock syndrome.  Never had this problem with the old unit.  My research shows…

Started by Ti Mougne

10 Oct 11, 2012
Reply by Doug Hefernan

Trends in space conditioning systems in high performance homes, looking for your insight

Can anyone comment on the common types of heating and cooling systems installed in their region in high performance homes?  More and more,…

Started by Brennan Less

4 Jul 1, 2012
Reply by William H Nickerson

Gas Furnace in an Attic: To Replace or Not

I have a client with an open combustion gas furnace in their attic. They recently had the attic spray foamed at the roof and end walls (enc…

Started by Patrick Michaelyan

12 May 10, 2012
Reply by Bruce Navin

Section 403.2.2 of the 2009 IECC

We've received a lot of calls of (panicked) HVAC contractors on this new code requiring duct leakage testing. Can anyone shed some light on…

Started by Tracy & Matt

11 Mar 22, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Adding return air from a heated basement in a high radon area

When building my house in CT, return air ducts are not put into basements because of radon, at least along the coast where radon levels are…

Started by Gary Baggett

3 Feb 29, 2012
Reply by Gary Baggett

Hang-ups to utilizing Manual J,D & S

I'm looking for some insight into why HVAC contractors don't use the ACCA process for sizing and selecting HVAC and Distribution systems. I…

Started by Adam Flowers

42 Feb 26, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

What is the best propane direct vent wall furnace available?

We are getting ready to do a major overhaul to about half of our house.  We currently heat with an old wood furnace tied to an oil furnace…

Started by Al Maloney

5 Feb 23, 2012
Reply by Paul Lasicki

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Kaushal Bharath Raju replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"Thanks Chie! We have this event in our calender."
2 hours ago
Kaushal Bharath Raju replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"Hi Alice; I tried sending you an e-mail but the message bounced. Can you kindly verify your e-mail…"
2 hours ago
Chie Kawahara replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"Hi Kaushal, Thousand Home Challenge is a wonderful forum and the resource collection is…"
2 hours ago
Alice La Pierre replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"Hello Kaushal, While it's true I did some of the finish work myself, I also acted as my own…"
5 hours ago
"Thank you Linda for your response; and your generosity in sharing your suggestion and hope. I…"
5 hours ago
"Wow...thank you so much for your response Alice! I really appreciate it. It is simply amazing all…"
5 hours ago
Tom White's 3 videos were featured
6 hours ago
Jim Gunshinan's blog post was featured
6 hours ago
Sharon Block's 3 events were featured
6 hours ago
Tom White posted videos
6 hours ago
Linda Wigington replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"Kaushal I just spent more than an hour on a detailed response and lost when I decided to check the…"
6 hours ago
Sharon Block posted events
6 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service