HVAC (46)

Featured Discussions

Commercial duct testing

Hello all, I am a BPI BA, HERS rater and QC inspector. I cant find a ton of information on this topic and I wanted to see what others had t…

Started by Shaun Latest Reply

Oil Fired Boiler Being Used as the Heating Source in Two Air Handlers of a Historic Home

I'm not sure this makes any difference, but I've only run into a system like this here, where I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. In f…

Started by Charles Ryan WeitzelLatest Reply

AC exhaust up chimney

We are looking at getting a portable AC unit. Is it possible to vent the heated exhaust air into a fireplace that will exit up and out the…

Started by Bill BoltonLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Commercial duct testing

Hello all, I am a BPI BA, HERS rater and QC inspector. I cant find a ton of information on this topic and I wanted to see what others had t…

Started by Shaun

11 Jun 24
Reply by Glen Gallo

Oil Fired Boiler Being Used as the Heating Source in Two Air Handlers of a Historic Home

I'm not sure this makes any difference, but I've only run into a system like this here, where I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. In f…

Started by Charles Ryan Weitzel

4 Mar 17
Reply by Mick Lane

AC exhaust up chimney

We are looking at getting a portable AC unit. Is it possible to vent the heated exhaust air into a fireplace that will exit up and out the…

Started by Bill Bolton

2 Jan 29
Reply by Thomas Ailstock

VRV or VRF ?

What’s the difference between VRV and VRF? Many people who ask this question, mistakenly interpret it as 2 different HVAC technologies. Ac…

Started by ofer ben -nathan

0 Jan 18

Does altitude affect AFUE? or just the input/output BTUs?

I searched and searched and searched yesterday for an answer to the question "Does altitude affect AFUE?" but did not come up with any defi…

Started by Rodney Fox

25 Jul 15, 2015
Reply by Morgan M Audetat

ERV in need of backflow preventer.

I installed an ERV on my last job with the intake and exhaust utilizing 6" round hard duct.  I have no problem locating an exhaust vent cov…

Started by Elizabeth Guinn

7 Jun 5, 2015
Reply by Morgan M Audetat

Using Two Exhaust Fans with AirCycler g2/FanConnect

A customer of ours recently asked if it was possible to operate two exhaust fans in two different bathrooms with the AirCycler g2 and FanCo…

Started by Carly@AirCycler

0 Mar 3, 2015

Getting Balanced Ventilation with the AirCycler g2-k

We spoke to a lot of people at RESNET 2015 about balanced ventilation so we wanted to share here how it can be achieved with the AirCycler…

Started by Carly@AirCycler

0 Feb 19, 2015

Proper means to "plug" flue pipes after testing gas appliances.

I have seen metal "plugs" (and this may not be the correct term) used for the holes that are drilled in vent pipes, in order to test combus…

Started by Patrick Michaelyan

26 Jan 29, 2015
Reply by Andrew Aliferis

How does Cycles Per Hour affect real world AFUE?

Some claim that modern furnaces have minimized off cycle losses to the point they no longer matter. Oversizing has become a comfort issue r…

Started by Bob Blanchette

12 Dec 30, 2014
Reply by Bradford E. White

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Twitter

Latest Activity

Profile IconMichael Sumpter and Bill Gartner joined Home Energy Pros
6 hours ago
Malcolm Jackson joined allen p tanner's group
Thumbnail

Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase

Discuss the pros and cons of the equipment you are interested in prior to purchase. Post equipment…See More
9 hours ago
Amber Vignieri liked tedkidd's discussion What if more efficient homes were actually worth more?
12 hours ago
Amber Vignieri posted a blog post
14 hours ago
Eric Kjelshus replied to Rob Madden, Solar Home Broker's discussion Indoor Air Quality Monitors and Meters
"I have been using air advice for 5 yr or so - I end up with a report in 35 min I can e-mail or show…"
15 hours ago
Profile IconShane Matteson, Jay Cooper and Mike Harris joined Home Energy Pros
yesterday
Kim Burnett commented on Diane Chojnowski's group Home Energy Pros on Twitter
"Good morning, would you please add me. Thank you. Kim Burnett A+ Abundant Energy Experts"
yesterday
Kim Burnett joined Diane Chojnowski's group
Thumbnail

Home Energy Pros on Twitter

We've created a twitter list of members of Home Energy Pros who tweet about home performance and…See More
yesterday

© 2016   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service