General Forum (914)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Acronym Challenge!

We challenge you to make suggestions to help troubleshoot the below problem using as many acronyms as possible! Can you do it?To help you w…

Started by Kim Tanner

7 Sep 10, 2015
Reply by Kim Tanner

Home Energy's Sept/Oct issue is live!

The September/October issue is now live on www.homeenergy.org. This month's articles include: Editorial: Twenty-First-Century Energy Effic…

Started by Home Energy Magazine

0 Sep 2, 2015

"Spray Foam Insulation is More Important Than LIFE!"

During 2009 Spray Polyurethane Foam Insulation was thought to be king of all insulation's. In fact, 'according to building scientist and in…

Started by Richard Beyer

1 Aug 27, 2015
Reply by tedkidd

lifespan of air sealing materials

I am looking for research and resources concerning the effective useful life of air sealing materials. Of greatest concern to me is single…

Started by Jonathan Ballew

14 Aug 27, 2015
Reply by Ed Minch

Modeling a Gas Fireplace in Wrightsoft

Any advice on how to factor a gas fireplace into a Wrightsoft Manual J model? Seems like it would reduce the required heat from the central…

Started by Bachi Brunato

12 Aug 26, 2015
Reply by Judy Rachel

First NC and now GA - Building Performance Associations taking shape

Hi All - Just a quick "this is what we're up to" for the community. The NC Building Performance Association is now 18 months old and doing…

Started by Ryan Miller

1 Aug 24, 2015
Reply by George Kopf

partitioning open basement area with retractable curtain

Hello All!! Would any of you energy experts have a recommendation and have made this type or recommendation in creating a boundary between…

Started by Kevin Jordan

2 Aug 23, 2015
Reply by Kevin Jordan

Mold on a ceiling diffuser

I have a client that called today and said they had a mold like material on the ceiling next to a supply air outlet in a bedroom. We instal…

Started by Stephen Wierzbicki

3 Aug 20, 2015
Reply by John Nicholas

Solar hot water exterior pipes insulation

Hello everyone,     I was wondering if anyone has experience with insulating exterior pipes for maximum efficiency. Since there are some s…

Started by Luis Hernandez

1 Aug 15, 2015
Reply by Stephen Wierzbicki

Hot roof insulation opinion for North eastern area

Greetings everyone,     I has been a while and here I am again ready to pick your brains again. The more I read about the convenience of h…

Started by Luis Hernandez

3 Aug 13, 2015
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Twitter

Latest Activity

Dan Antonioli replied to Dan Antonioli's discussion Net Zero Energy Hot Water
"Daniel,  Several years ago I was researching two different systems, one of which I almost…"
3 hours ago
Dan Antonioli replied to Dan Antonioli's discussion Net Zero Energy Hot Water
"Rich, it always depends on site conditions, but generally speaking the 80% figure is a common…"
3 hours ago
Rick Causo posted a video

Swing Green GFX Drain Water Heat Recovery - GreenFoX

PowerHouseTV aired Sept 5 & 6, 2015. Segment 2 of the show highlights Swing Green, Inc. and the 4th generation of Drain Water Heat Recovery system, the Green...
8 hours ago
Matt Thornberry replied to Kim Tanner's discussion Game of Homes
"Thanks Kim! Game of Homes is an exciting new way to earn professional development credits for BPI…"
10 hours ago
Tom White posted a video

Enhabit: the non-profit that helps homes work better

Hear from homeowners Sonia, Amy, Roberta and Ty of Portland, Oregon, and Andy of Beaverton, Oregon, about their experiences with Enhabit. Enhabit is a non-pr...
10 hours ago
Daniel Beauchemin replied to Dan Antonioli's discussion Net Zero Energy Hot Water
"Dan Antonioli, You can use a ThermoDrain, drain water heat recovery to preheat your water and…"
11 hours ago
Steve Leombruno replied to Tim Kendzia's discussion Cooling effect from solar panels
"I have been told t"
12 hours ago
Rich Manning replied to Diane Chojnowski's discussion Poll: Where do you go for information on home performance?
"My favorite is Building Science Corp. Its not only comprehensive, its free!"
12 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service