General Forum (944)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Residential Air Conditioning – Evolution and Trends in Control & Integration

The residential air conditioning field is going through rapid evolution over the last few years. From the first window type and small unit…

Started by ofer ben -nathan

0 Dec 14, 2015

BPI Launches Homeowner Blog!

The Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) has launched a new blog to educate homeowners about the health, safety and energy saving eff…

Started by Quinn Korzeniecki

1 Dec 3, 2015
Reply by Debra Little

LED's interfering with Garage Door Openers

Has anyone heard of LED's emitting a frequency band that interferes with the radio controls of garage door openers?  A comment attached to…

Started by Bruce Navin

12 Dec 3, 2015
Reply by Dennis Heidner

Utility Meter Accuracy

Well I have to admit that I'm stumped with an energy audit I've been working on for the past two months. Perhaps someone can point me in th…

Started by Rodney Fox

78 Nov 29, 2015
Reply by Dennis Heidner

Incentives & financing options for home energy upgrades

DOE's Energy.gov has a useful database of incentives and financing options for home energy efficiency upgrades: Tax credits, Rebates &…

Started by Diane Chojnowski

0 Nov 24, 2015

Question: What Are The Most Common Energy Code "Fails"?

A lot of people in the building-performance industry know that the presence of an energy code does not mean that all work in that jurisdict…

Started by Chris Dorsi

13 Nov 22, 2015
Reply by Benny hani

Home Buyers Will Pay Premium for Solar Homes

A team of appraisers across six states found that home buyers will pay a premium for solar homes. This confirms an earlier Berkeley Lab lar…

Started by Diane Chojnowski

0 Nov 19, 2015

Impact of Solar on the CA Utility delivery

http://www.energyvanguard.com/blog-building-science-hers-bpi/electricity-demand-and-the-duck-curve?utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email

Started by Steven Lefler

0 Nov 12, 2015

How Would You Weatherize this Historic Home?

Aaron Stein, Senior Energy Analyst in the Office of Sustainability's Energy Management Division (OS-EMD) in San Antonio, TX posed this mont…

Started by Quinn Korzeniecki

11 Nov 12, 2015
Reply by Jesse Erbel

Webinars: Innovators with ideas for defrost systems, btu sensors, or improving water heaters thermal energy storage are invited!

Learn about JUMP, an online community seeking your input for technology innovation challenges. Winning submissions will receive $3,000 -$5,…

Started by Gannate Khowailed

9 Nov 10, 2015
Reply by Tom Mallard

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Twitter

Latest Activity

Malcolm Jackson joined allen p tanner's group
Thumbnail

Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase

Discuss the pros and cons of the equipment you are interested in prior to purchase. Post equipment…See More
1 hour ago
Amber Vignieri liked tedkidd's discussion What if more efficient homes were actually worth more?
4 hours ago
Amber Vignieri posted a blog post
5 hours ago
Eric Kjelshus replied to Rob Madden, Solar Home Broker's discussion Indoor Air Quality Monitors and Meters
"I have been using air advice for 5 yr or so - I end up with a report in 35 min I can e-mail or show…"
6 hours ago
Profile IconBill Gartner, Shane Matteson, Jay Cooper and 1 more joined Home Energy Pros
7 hours ago
Kim Burnett commented on Diane Chojnowski's group Home Energy Pros on Twitter
"Good morning, would you please add me. Thank you. Kim Burnett A+ Abundant Energy Experts"
yesterday
Kim Burnett joined Diane Chojnowski's group
Thumbnail

Home Energy Pros on Twitter

We've created a twitter list of members of Home Energy Pros who tweet about home performance and…See More
yesterday
Luke Langhals replied to Luis Hernandez's discussion ERV Configuration
"Very good reading. Thank you for posting this."
yesterday

© 2016   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service