General Forum (851)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Vinyl Siding with Integral Insulation

Hello Pros. I have a client for whom I'm about to engage in stage 3 of improving the comfort in his home. One of my partner contractors i…

Started by Patrick Michaelyan

18 Feb 27
Reply by Dennis Heidner

Can someone recommend a whole home water filtration system?

Hi, I have some friends that recently purchased a home in the pacific northwest. Apparently there is a lot of iron in the water and they'r…

Started by Brady Mills

5 Feb 26
Reply by Glen Gallo

A WARNING ON VINYL SIDING

Back in 2003 I was called out to a home in Sacramento.  I was called there in the begining of summer.  The prior winter the home was painte…

Started by Hal Skinner

0 Feb 26

FLIR i-7 for sale

Hi, I have a very lightly used FLIR 1-7 for sale.   i-7, serial # 60101-4267.  Full hard case and everything. Asking $1400.

Started by Brian Clavette

0 Feb 25

smoky neighbor

Here's an odd one - in a suburban neighborhood one person constantly is burning wood to heat his home- the problem is the next door neighbo…

Started by Kent Mitchell

8 Feb 19
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

CO poisoning in Yarmouth Maine

A news headline caught my attention, "Man hospitalized for signs of carbon monoxide poisoning at Yarmouth home".  Not all of the details, b…

Started by Bud Poll

8 Feb 19
Reply by Stan Kuhn

Giving credit when disagreeing

It seems simple, if you quote someone you should give them credit and note the source.  But should you provide credit when you are assignin…

Started by Bud Poll

0 Feb 19

For Sale: Bacharach Combustion Gas Analyzer, Minneapolis Blower Door, Bacharach Gas Leak Detector

All the equipment is basically brand new, never been used.  I bought the equipment less then 2 years ago.  I'm BPI certifie…

Started by mark richichi

0 Feb 17

Have Gas Meter fees/deliver charges got out of hand?

Last month my meter/delivery charges were MORE than the cost of fuel. I expect this in in the summer, but now it's happening in winter also.

Started by Bob Blanchette

12 Feb 8
Reply by Kurt Albershardt

RESNET Forms SDC 200 – Education and Training

Congratulations to those selected for the committee! Check it out: http://conta.cc/1D5mlQz

Started by Everblue Training

0 Feb 6

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network.

Latest Activity

Home Energy Magazine posted a discussion

Home Energy's Sept/Oct issue is live!

The September/October issue is now live on …See More
14 hours ago
Home Energy Magazine posted a blog post

Twenty-First-Century Energy Efficiency—with Carbon on Our Minds

After the first oil embargo, in 1973, our nation recognized the need to save…See More
14 hours ago
Eric Guldenstein joined allen p tanner's group
Thumbnail

Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase

Discuss the pros and cons of the equipment you are interested in prior to purchase. Post equipment…See More
17 hours ago
Diane Chojnowski added a discussion to the group Habitat for Humanity
Thumbnail

Central Missouri Habitat for Humanity "Zero Energy" House

A net zero home in Columbia Missouri. Affordable, efficient, and attractive. Lile Engineering…See More
23 hours ago
Crosbey Archery posted photos
yesterday
Benjamin Mailian replied to Kevin Eigel's discussion What is the best energy auditing software?
"This is an old post but it's still very relevant so I thought I'd give our app a mention…"
yesterday
Profile IconMarissaCortese, Justin Tyrrell, McHale Insulation and 1 more joined Home Energy Pros
yesterday
Diane Chojnowski replied to Jose Macho's discussion Google Sunroof Project- Where Are They Going with Solar?
" "
yesterday

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service