General Forum (957)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Vermiculite in the fireplace

As an energy auditor I occasionally see vermiculite in the gas fireplaces. Does anyone know if any of the vermiculite they use(d) for firep…

Started by Jack Baikoff

13 Feb 29
Reply by Brian Robinson

Call for Nominations: BPI Tony Woods Award and Hall of Fame

Do you know an influential person in the ‪‎home performance‬ industry? Nominations are open now through March 4, 2016 for the 2016 Tony Woo…

Started by Quinn Korzeniecki

0 Feb 24

Condensation from ceiling vent fan in barn bathroom

I have installed a bathroom in a barn where there is a steady drip coming from the ducting. The room is 12x5' with a 9' ceiling and an elec…

Started by Eric Miller

6 Feb 19
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

Article about residential energy efficiency and why sales are low

I came across a very interesting article today about why home performance sales are so low. Basically it boils down to this: Contractors ar…

Started by Kim Tanner

10 Feb 11
Reply by Joe Crisara

3 Energy Saving New Year’s Resolutions to Make in 2016

As we reflect on 2015 and plan for 2016, many of us will set New Year's resolutions. But how often do you follow through? What if you set a…

Started by Quinn Korzeniecki

3 Feb 11
Reply by Quinn Korzeniecki

Update your Home Energy Pros profile

Home Energy Pros now has over 4800 members and we're growing! To make it easier for you to connect with people in your industry sector, we'…

Started by Diane Chojnowski

0 Feb 9

High-use headscratcher

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can assist with a head scratcher I can't seem to crack. First, the facts: Mostly heating climate (zone 5) Home…

Started by Rob Buchanan

16 Feb 5
Reply by Mick Lane

Now you can "LIKE" posts on Home Energy Pros!

Recently, members asked for a LIKE button for discussions and blogs on Home Energy Pros. (Thanks Rodney Fox!) You asked for it and now you'…

Started by Diane Chojnowski

0 Feb 4

Baseboard Hydronic Heater with Thermostat & Pump?

Hello fellow home performance folks! I am looking to heat a single room with a hydronic coil that I can tie to an existing, domestic, hot…

Started by Bachi Brunato

24 Feb 3
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Request Hemp-mortar Suppliers & Tool Sources, Methods

Finding sources online is one thing, asking for project experience is what I'd like to get, this for USA east of Seattle 1-hour for shippin…

Started by Tom Mallard

0 Feb 1

• Add Videos

Latest Activity

David N. Armington liked John Poole's discussion Two Part Epoxy and Repair of Structural Wood
1 hour ago
David N. Armington joined John Poole's group

Historic Home

Historic and vintage homes are significant to our cultural heritage, yet often lack energy…See More
1 hour ago
Seth Romme is now a member of Home Energy Pros
11 hours ago
John Nicholas replied to Rob Madden's discussion Blower Door Testing on Energy Star v3 home
"So you have a slab on grade home, duct work in the attic?"
Diane Jackson posted a photo

"Drive Home"

Addison Homes spent a fun day with a film crew from the National Association of Home Builders. We…
Paul Raymer posted a blog post

Healthy Home Evaluator Training

Fall River, MA     October 13, 2016…See More
Diane Chojnowski updated an event

Better homes video series at Seventhwave

October 24, 2016 to January 26, 2017
Profile Iconseoeleczo and Parfait Pouliotte joined Home Energy Pros

© 2016   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service