General Forum (944)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Thermostat Wars

Honeywell strikes back at the Nest,and alleges patent infringement on seven counts.  http://slate.me/ywdfSW

Started by Melissa Baldridge

1 Feb 19, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Learning Thermostat

Just installed my first Nest learning thermostat.  Really easy and affordable.  Check it out and let me know what you think: http://www.nes

Started by Classic Residential, Inc.

33 Feb 17, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

Crawlspace (and Spray Foam) from Hell

People always say that Hell is “below”, I just never realized it was right below the floorboards.  We all know how many holes can be drille…

Started by Evan Mills

9 Feb 16, 2012
Reply by Dmitri A Martin

Fix this leakage?

What sort of leakage reduction could I expect if I try to plug all these tiny gaps? This is a typical cathedral ceiling around these parts…

Started by David Meiland

2 Feb 16, 2012
Reply by Bud Poll

ACI has extended Early Bird pricing!

Deadline Extended! ACI has extended Early Bird pricing for an additional 48 hours for the National Home Performance Conference, March 26-30…

Started by Cierra Mooney

0 Feb 14, 2012

Spray Foam Liability

According to the EPA, exposures to spray foam's key ingredient, isocyanates, and other SPF chemicals in vapors, aerosols, and dust during a…

Started by Dmitri A Martin

10 Feb 14, 2012
Reply by Bruce Navin

Is LEED Lip Stick on a Pig?

http://bit.ly/yA52MU Is LEED lip stick on a pig?   I like the concept of LEED however the acronym is probably in need of adjustment that w…

Started by Glen Gallo

6 Feb 10, 2012
Reply by William H Nickerson

ACI is the "Can't Miss" Event of the Year...Agree or Disagree?

As many people here know, the annual ACI conference can be a life-changing--and business changing--event. It is the best darned home energy…

Started by Mike Rogers

1 Feb 7, 2012
Reply by David Eggleton

The end of profits for Auditors/raters

90% of all my new energy audit customers now expect reduced or 'free' service. BPI has sites listing participating contractors who offer fr…

Started by allen p tanner

100 Feb 5, 2012
Reply by Ed Minch

Help Me Program Open Source Energy Software

Austin, TX will be hosting a 48 hr "Code-a-thon"April 14-15, 2012.  The goal is to jumpstart development for non-profits.   I have started…

Started by Joel Greenberg

1 Feb 2, 2012
Reply by Evan Mills

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Twitter

Latest Activity

Profile IconShane Matteson, Jay Cooper and Mike Harris joined Home Energy Pros
3 hours ago
Kim Burnett commented on Diane Chojnowski's group Home Energy Pros on Twitter
"Good morning, would you please add me. Thank you. Kim Burnett A+ Abundant Energy Experts"
5 hours ago
Kim Burnett joined Diane Chojnowski's group
Thumbnail

Home Energy Pros on Twitter

We've created a twitter list of members of Home Energy Pros who tweet about home performance and…See More
5 hours ago
Luke Langhals replied to Luis Hernandez's discussion ERV Configuration
"Very good reading. Thank you for posting this."
7 hours ago
Luke Langhals replied to Diane Chojnowski's discussion Poll: How confident do you feel about the future of home performance?
"This poll would change on a day to day basis :) I'm cynical one day and extremely optimistic…"
7 hours ago
Luke Langhals liked tedkidd's discussion Dear DOE, PACE sucks - please fix or make it go away...
7 hours ago
Nicole Scheunemann's video was featured

Airtight, Tested Right: Blower Door Tests for Contractors

Contractors: with a new New York State Energy Code going into effect in October 2016, it’s important to know what you’ll be on the hook for when it comes to ...
8 hours ago
Eve Dunham replied to Kim Tanner's discussion Facebook page targeting and privacy in the group Marketing Energy Efficiency
"I have used the targeted ads feature for age, location, etc. I have had moderate success with this.…"
yesterday

© 2016   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service