General Forum (761)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Any Experience with Radiant Barrier Bubble Wrap

I wanted to know if anyone had any experiences using the bubble wrap w/ the double sided radiant barrier. I had a weird experience thanks t…

Started by Jon LaMonte

7 Feb 13, 2011
Reply by Guy DuBois

Training Centers in Boston area

Hello all,   I'm looking for energy audit training centers in the Boston, MA area.  Can anyone make any recommendations ?   Thanks,   Silvie

Started by Silvie Votrubova

8 Feb 11, 2011
Reply by Paul Raymer

Competing with Utilities, Non Profits & Governments?

We have a dilemma in our area.  Much of our competition is the local utilities, government programs and non-profit organizations.  We have…

Started by Kent Mitchell

3 Feb 11, 2011
Reply by Curtis Dean

North V South Building Science Smackdown 3/30/11

http://acinational.org/node/81469   The Green Police return to ACI!  After an (as yet unacknowledged) stunning defeat in the first North v…

Started by Jennifer Luitwieler

0 Feb 11, 2011

Data collection worksheets. Lets share. I will start.

Home Star Iowa Health & Safety Testing Worksheet

Started by Rob Novak

4 Feb 11, 2011
Reply by Steven Lewis

How do you recommend improving knee wall insulation???

Hi All Love this website . I am learning from everyone.    We have all come across poorly insulated knee walls with poorly fit batts fallin…

Started by Matthew P

21 Feb 10, 2011
Reply by A. Tamasin Sterner

Does anyone know of a auditing or rating software currently available for commercial buildings?

I have recently been involved in trying to perform an audit on a commercial building.  To my dismay, Rem Rate is not acceptable even though…

Started by Tom Maides

3 Feb 5, 2011
Reply by dale conner

Stopping Air Infiltration at Cable / Phone Line Entry

This is an entry point for cable TV coax, phone lines and a couple of grounds. They exit the basement of this home through a hole drilled i…

Started by John Pitek

2 Jan 29, 2011
Reply by David Eggleton

Design options for conditioned attic retrofit

I have a customer retrofit and want to get some opinions on designing the retro. It is a conditioned attic with batts on roof deck from t…

Started by Craig Bird

3 Jan 27, 2011
Reply by Craig Bird

Chimney condensation in attic

I have a customer that we dense packed the attic floor of their house and airsealed around the masonry chimney.  The problem is the red bri…

Started by Phil Hanneman

3 Jan 25, 2011
Reply by Steven Lewis

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Profile IconWes Anderson, Jean-Paul and Bryan joined Home Energy Pros
6 hours ago
Dennis Heidner commented on Dale Stephens's blog post LED Lighting 24-month update 18,240 hours & counting
"Dale, good write up. For the landscaping bulbs,  if they had been T3 12V wedge bulbs,  I…"
23 hours ago
Brett Little commented on Tom White's video
Thumbnail

The Future of Housing - And How Airtightness Can Help

"It's very true! So many people and contractors have tons of insulated attics but no air seal…"
yesterday
Chris Leach replied to Richard Beyer's discussion "The Dangers of Using Spray Foam Insulation"
"The problems will surface soon enough . Why don't we take a second look at this over rated…"
yesterday
Don Fitchett commented on Tom White's video
yesterday
tedkidd replied to Bob Blanchette's discussion How does Cycles Per Hour affect real world AFUE?
"Want to spot a simpleton? It's a guy who thinks EE and comfort are disconnected.  Want…"
yesterday
tedkidd commented on Tom White's blog post Clean Energy Works Oregon: Total Home Performance
"Nice post Tom! I really like how he puts that. Leveraging interests so they can optimize…"
yesterday
Kent Mitchell commented on Tom White's blog post Clean Energy Works Oregon: Total Home Performance
"As a contractor in the region - we frequently wonder how/why you can be a non-profit?  Oregon…"
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service