General Forum (893)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

First NC and now GA - Building Performance Associations taking shape

Hi All - Just a quick "this is what we're up to" for the community. The NC Building Performance Association is now 18 months old and doing…

Started by Ryan Miller

1 Aug 24, 2015
Reply by George Kopf

partitioning open basement area with retractable curtain

Hello All!! Would any of you energy experts have a recommendation and have made this type or recommendation in creating a boundary between…

Started by Kevin Jordan

2 Aug 23, 2015
Reply by Kevin Jordan

Mold on a ceiling diffuser

I have a client that called today and said they had a mold like material on the ceiling next to a supply air outlet in a bedroom. We instal…

Started by Stephen Wierzbicki

3 Aug 20, 2015
Reply by John Nicholas

Solar hot water exterior pipes insulation

Hello everyone,     I was wondering if anyone has experience with insulating exterior pipes for maximum efficiency. Since there are some s…

Started by Luis Hernandez

1 Aug 15, 2015
Reply by Stephen Wierzbicki

Hot roof insulation opinion for North eastern area

Greetings everyone,     I has been a while and here I am again ready to pick your brains again. The more I read about the convenience of h…

Started by Luis Hernandez

3 Aug 13, 2015
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

Ventilating Attics- Rafter Vents

There is a thorough literature on ventilating soffit vents correctly. In CA, many attic vents around the building perimeter are more vertic…

Started by Blake Shurtz

5 Aug 12, 2015
Reply by David Eakin

Duct blaster with asbestos?

I'd like to know if BPI has banned the use of the duct blaster in the presence of asbestos ductwork. Is this the case? If there is any docu…

Started by Blake Shurtz

7 Aug 7, 2015
Reply by Glen Gallo

Green Mortgage Appraisal Roundtable

For an overview of the March 11, 2014, roundtable at the White House Conference Center, take a look at my blog.  http://adomatis.wordpress.…

Started by Sandra K. Adomatis, SRA

9 Aug 6, 2015
Reply by Jan Green

Natural Insulation Poll

Natural Insulation Poll: Would you use it if it costs the same and has same R Value INSULATION POLL https://plus.google.com/u/0/+sco

Started by scottscontracting

2 Aug 3, 2015
Reply by scottscontracting

Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?

I would like to know if you have experienced cost saving by switching to tankless? If you have a whole house or just one faucet? What brand…

Started by Damien Greenfield

84 Aug 1, 2015
Reply by tedkidd

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Profile IconBrian Coverstone, Charlie Ouellette, Karin Haerter and 1 more joined Home Energy Pros
4 hours ago
Juan added a discussion to the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
Thumbnail

Need Energy conservatory Blower door 3 + DG-700

Hello thanks for taking the time to read this post. I am currently looking for a blower door…See More
13 hours ago
Juan joined allen p tanner's group
Thumbnail

Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase

Discuss the pros and cons of the equipment you are interested in prior to purchase. Post equipment…See More
13 hours ago
Caoimhin P Connell replied to Rodney Fox's discussion Radon: Truth vs. Myth
"Good morning, Mr. Cullen – As I mentioned in another post – for the purposes under…"
15 hours ago
tedkidd replied to Rodney Fox's discussion Radon: Truth vs. Myth
"If putting the house under positive pressure using fresh air helps mitigate not just radon, but…"
16 hours ago
Rich Manning replied to Rodney Fox's discussion Radon: Truth vs. Myth
"Tell them the truth as you know it, and back it up with the facts!!"
16 hours ago
Rich Manning replied to Charles Ryan Weitzel's discussion Oil Fired Boiler Being Used as the Heating Source in Two Air Handlers of a Historic Home
"Yes, its a Hydro-air system. It uses one boiler to supply hot water to the coil in the supply side…"
16 hours ago
tedkidd replied to Rodney Fox's discussion Radon: Truth vs. Myth
";) I love uncovering absuedities... Funny how creatively and vehemently people will argue against…"
17 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service