General Forum (837)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

smoky neighbor

Here's an odd one - in a suburban neighborhood one person constantly is burning wood to heat his home- the problem is the next door neighbo…

Started by Kent Mitchell

8 Feb 19
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

CO poisoning in Yarmouth Maine

A news headline caught my attention, "Man hospitalized for signs of carbon monoxide poisoning at Yarmouth home".  Not all of the details, b…

Started by Bud Poll

8 Feb 19
Reply by Stan Kuhn

Giving credit when disagreeing

It seems simple, if you quote someone you should give them credit and note the source.  But should you provide credit when you are assignin…

Started by Bud Poll

0 Feb 19

For Sale: Bacharach Combustion Gas Analyzer, Minneapolis Blower Door, Bacharach Gas Leak Detector

All the equipment is basically brand new, never been used.  I bought the equipment less then 2 years ago.  I'm BPI certifie…

Started by mark richichi

0 Feb 17

Have Gas Meter fees/deliver charges got out of hand?

Last month my meter/delivery charges were MORE than the cost of fuel. I expect this in in the summer, but now it's happening in winter also.

Started by Bob Blanchette

12 Feb 8
Reply by Kurt Albershardt

RESNET Forms SDC 200 – Education and Training

Congratulations to those selected for the committee! Check it out: http://conta.cc/1D5mlQz

Started by Everblue Training

0 Feb 6

Educating New York Licensed Real Estate Agents About Home Energy Score

New York-licensed real estate agents can attain free Continuing Education by taking InterNACHI's free, online "Home Energy Score Course."…

Started by Benjamin Gromicko

1 Feb 6
Reply by Everblue Training

Flickering LED lights

I was at a home last week where the customer showed me what happens when her she turns on her 4" LED lights. These were bulbs that were ins…

Started by Jamie Kaye

22 Feb 5
Reply by nakeme

One Knob and the Pain That Inspired It

Tom White asked me to post this up, it's a distillation of 6 articles on our blog that Stephen Lacey of GreenTech Media did about the On…

Started by Nate Adams

3 Feb 5
Reply by tedkidd

Needed: Gas Detector and CO Detector. What do you recommend?

Hi All   I never planned or wanted to do the BPI Combustion testing but now have too.    What products do you recommend? I obviously want t…

Started by Matthew P

5 Jan 29
Reply by Windzer Pierre-Louis

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network.

Latest Activity

Profile IconJohn Doe and Ariston C. Hernandez Jr. joined Home Energy Pros
2 hours ago
tedkidd replied to Damien Greenfield's discussion Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?
"Bob, here is where our perspectives diverge. I think people should switch to electric because they…"
15 hours ago
tedkidd replied to Damien Greenfield's discussion Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?
"Here our thinking falls out of alignment. Going to electric is default for me. People can't…"
15 hours ago
Bob Blanchette replied to Damien Greenfield's discussion Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?
"If you are going to stay with gas service, might as well keep the gas water heater. Switching gas…"
15 hours ago
"8 people, sometimes under 10 therms. Just not enough energy used heating water to get obsessive…"
16 hours ago
Eric Kjelshus replied to Damien Greenfield's discussion Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?
"Biggest is to keep the CO  or other gas down in building  "
16 hours ago
Bob Blanchette replied to Damien Greenfield's discussion Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?
"Look at your SUMMER gas bill where water heating accounts for most of your gas use. 10-15 therms…"
16 hours ago
"The marathon fails miserably in operating costs when compared to an ordinary gas water heater.. NG…"
17 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service