General Forum (872)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Let's hear your feedback on Home Energy Pros!

As we near the 1000-member mark, we can all revel at the high level of member engagement: 94 Blog entries, 79 Forum posts, 372 photos, 66 v…

Started by Evan Mills

31 Jun 15
Reply by Andrew J. Courts, Jr.

Slab-on-grade Insulation

Hi my name is Anthony Hicks, and I'm from Fort Wayne, Indiana. I work for a home building company and we built some slabs in the past year.…

Started by Tony Hicks

11 Jun 14
Reply by Dennis Heidner

Best house measuring tools...

Had my Bosch laser measuring tool crap out on me today as I was doing an energy audit. Got me thinking about maybe trying something else, s…

Started by Tony Rigdon

7 Jun 12
Reply by Lars olsen

FLIR E60 Price Increase

Hi Everyone, As many of you may know, Fluke recently (June 1) had a price increase on a majority of their products. If you got caught unawa…

Started by Pete Stoermer

0 Jun 12

Aeroseal Machine for Sale

Hello All,  We have an Aeroseal SmartSeal system (w/ compressor and plenty of leftover sealant/blocking to get you through your first few…

Started by John Wilkerson

0 May 29

Get Acquainted With DOE’s New Residential Accelerators

To improve energy efficiency in our nation's homes, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) today launched two new residential Better Buildings…

Started by Better Buildings Support

0 May 28

The (Small) Cost of Ventilation Without Recovery

It is a common misconception that mechanical ventilation without recovery will cost a homeowner hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars a ye…

Started by Carly@AirCycler

6 May 22
Reply by Rick Karg

Breaking the link between unhealthy homes and unhealthy kids

Listen in on IAQ Radio to a discussion on reducing the household triggers that cause asthmaattacks and other respiratory ailments through h…

Started by Kirsten Richnavsky

0 May 21

New BPI Standard for Conducting Energy Audits Published as an ANSI Standard!

The Standard Practice for Basic Analysis of Buildings defines the minimum criteria and specific procedures for building science-based resid…

Started by Kirsten Richnavsky

0 May 20

32,000 active BPI certifications = how many real jobs?

32,000 is a lot of certifications. HOW MANY REAL JOBS WERE ADDED? Training for a new and exciting career in Energy Efficiency might not be…

Started by randy tolowski

5 May 18
Reply by Jose Macho

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network.

Latest Activity

Profile IconDenise Cooper, Maren Cooke, Steven Antonini and 1 more joined Home Energy Pros
8 hours ago
Crosbey Archery joined Allison A. Bailes III's group

HVAC design, Manuals J, S, T, & D, Duct leakage, Air flow, ENERGY STAR new home requirements,…See More
16 hours ago
Crosbey Archery commented on Ottawa Furnace Filters's blog post Some Useful Information about Furnace Air Filters
"This post is really helpful especially to those homeowners who are still confused on what to…"
16 hours ago
Diane Chojnowski posted videos
Diane Chojnowski posted a discussion

Incentives & financing options for home energy upgrades has a useful database of incentives and financing options for home energy efficiency…See More
George Kopf commented on Home Energy Magazine's blog post My Fall Into The Smart Home, Lazy Life
"Matt, Another way of looking at this is that by freeing up my time/brain power, I can give more…"
Chris Laumer-Giddens's blog post was featured

Sparky Doubled the Air Leakage in this Home!

Sparky Doubled the Air Leakage in this HomeThis is the home.This is the hole that Sparky…See More
Chris Laumer-Giddens posted a blog post

Sparky Doubled the Air Leakage in this Home!

Sparky Doubled the Air Leakage in this HomeThis is the home.This is the hole that Sparky…See More

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service