General Forum (754)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

UV lights on filters

I recently saw UV bulb installations in 2 HVAC systems in a home. Each system had the Lennox Healthy Climate filter box that has 2 UV-A bul…

Started by Howard Katzman

12 Aug 11
Reply by Richard Beyer

3D Printable Disposable Homes.... Could this be the future in America too?

Blog after blog people are scrambling for answers about energy efficiency, how to build a stronger - lighter - greener home. What do you th…

Started by Richard Beyer

0 Aug 10

A funny story about a Radiant Control Coating in a hospital

In the 30 years I have worked with our Radiant Control Coating, I have encountered some cute and funny events. There is a cute story that g…

Started by Hal Skinner

0 Aug 9

Let's Talk Gender

It’s no secret that home performance is a male-dominated industry. Attend any industry conference and you’ll quickly see that women are vas…

Started by Home Energy Magazine

2 Aug 7
Reply by Brennan Less

LED Fixtures Hitting Shelfs

I'm glad to see LED fixtures finally becoming mainstream in the local big box stores. Purpose built fixtures make more sense than trying to…

Started by Bob Blanchette

16 Aug 4
Reply by reflintorm

Permitting and Contractor Licensing in Connecticut to Insulate

Hello Everyone, If your working in Connecticut as a contractor, you need to be aware of the following for your own protection and that of…

Started by Richard Beyer

0 Aug 2

Choose performance over perception.

http://ww3.owenscorning.com/insulate-with-integrity/

Started by Richard Beyer

0 Aug 2

Hydrogen Cyanide: It's Not Just a HazMat Anymore

More energy efficient construction yields tighter buildings. This leads to more products of combustion being entrained in the fire plume as…

Started by Richard Beyer

0 Aug 2

Flickering LED lights

I was at a home last week where the customer showed me what happens when her she turns on her 4" LED lights. These were bulbs that were ins…

Started by Jamie Kaye

21 Aug 1
Reply by David Eakin

Occupational cancer in developed countries

Many exposures identified through occupational studies are also found outside the workplace, and therefore affect the wider environment and…

Started by Richard Beyer

0 Jul 31

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Bob Blanchette replied to Hal Skinner's discussion Any success getting landlords to energy upgrade a single family rental unit?
"The landlords don't want the improvements done even if they don't have to pay for it?…"
17 hours ago
Hal Skinner posted a discussion
18 hours ago
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion Any success getting landlords to energy upgrade a single family rental unit?
"Hi Bob, The tenants all say they cant do anything to the building.  We would get referred…"
19 hours ago
Tom White commented on Tom White's video
Thumbnail

The Future of Housing - And How Airtightness Can Help

"Ben's Kickstarter documentary, The Future of Housing, was fully funded. The grand premiere…"
yesterday
Tom White's video was featured

Simon Sinek: How great leaders inspire action

TED Talks Simon Sinek has a simple but powerful model for inspirational leadership all starting with a golden circle and the question "Why?"
yesterday
peter chang's discussion was featured

Programmable tstat for electric baseboard?

Ok, just want to throw this out there. I live in the high desert, 6800' or so. My house is pretty…See More
yesterday
Tom White posted a video

Simon Sinek: How great leaders inspire action | Video on TED.com

TED Talks Simon Sinek has a simple but powerful model for inspirational leadership all starting with a golden circle and the question "Why?" His examples include Apple, Martin Luther King, and the Wright brothers ... (Filmed at TEDxPugetSound.)
yesterday
Michael Dunseith posted a photo
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service