General Forum (829)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Needed: Gas Detector and CO Detector. What do you recommend?

Hi All   I never planned or wanted to do the BPI Combustion testing but now have too.    What products do you recommend? I obviously want t…

Started by Matthew P

5 Jan 29
Reply by Windzer Pierre-Louis

Mold on exterior walls

I have been doing a good deal of research into the topic of mold that has grown on exterior walls (and appears to be spreading).   I have h…

Started by Patrick Michaelyan

11 Jan 27
Reply by David Snell

Media Reports Spray Polyurethane Foam Insulation spontaneously combusted a $5M Connecticut Home... "The Conclusion"

OFFICE OF THE FIRE MARSHAL 1212 WHITTEMORE RD MIDDLEBURY, CONNECTICUT   Fire Investigation Report – JANESKY Fire Incident Location:      …

Started by Richard Beyer

1 Jan 25
Reply by Hal Skinner

UV lights on filters

I recently saw UV bulb installations in 2 HVAC systems in a home. Each system had the Lennox Healthy Climate filter box that has 2 UV-A bul…

Started by Howard Katzman

14 Jan 20
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

Utility death spiral = higher taxes? Perhaps...

If you are in the energy industry and not familiar with the utility death spiral, you should be. It's real, it's big and it's gaining speed…

Started by George Kopf

9 Jan 19
Reply by Dennis Heidner

Solar objection and response sharing

For all those in the solar industry, we hear many objections from customer. Most of them are misconceptions, but I find that almost can be…

Started by Elvin Frost

17 Jan 19
Reply by Dennis Heidner

Have you heard!? BPI's Building Science Principles Certificate of Knowledge exam and Reference Guide are now available in Spanish!

"BPI recognizes that there are many Spanish speaking professionals in the home performance industry, or looking to develop their careers he…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Jan 19

Green feature values in Real Estate

Does anyone know of a resource which gives a simple estimated dollar value for green home features? For example, a solar hot water heater a…

Started by George Kopf

16 Jan 16
Reply by Jeffrey Gephart

BPI Energy Auditors Carry the Banner for Dominion East Ohio's Highly Successful Energy Efficiency Program

GoodCents energy auditors, certified by the Building Performance Institute, are the gatekeepers to an incredibly successful Home Performanc…

Started by Mike Kandel

8 Jan 15
Reply by Nate Adams

Long term average

When doing a blower door test, do you ever use long term average? Why or why not? Digital pressure and flow gauges have an option for time…

Started by Kim Tanner

4 Jan 15
Reply by Tom Nicholson

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network.

Latest Activity

Profile IconGreg Hannah, Eric Wilson, Zach Stachura and 2 more joined Home Energy Pros
1 hour ago
Stacy Hunt posted blog posts
6 hours ago
Kirsten Richnavsky added a discussion to the group Building Performance Institute (BPI)
Thumbnail

FREE BPI webinar: OSHA's Confined Spaces Rule Impacts Home Performance Workers

Check out this FREE webinar BPI is hosting on OSHA's Confined Spaces Rule Impacts Home Performance…See More
7 hours ago
SmithWatson posted a blog post

Dealing with the 5 Most Common Furnace and Heating Problems

Most people are reminded of the furnace repair service just when the fall or winter arrives.…See More
12 hours ago
SmithWatson shared Lester Shen's blog post on MySpace
13 hours ago
w d posted a discussion

AERC testing and Solar Grates update

AERC of WCMA has been created to test the effectiveness of window attachments and to design an…See More
22 hours ago
Morgan M Audetat commented on Tom White's blog post Embodied Energy: Minimizing Waste with Off-Site Construction
"What is new…"
23 hours ago
Mark posted events
yesterday

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service