General Forum (803)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

LED use in the summer

As  the use of LED lighting becomes typical or commonplace there are a few benefits that apply to their use during the hot summer months; B…

Started by Dennis McCarthy

4 Dec 8, 2014
Reply by reflintorm

Cellulose As An Air Seal

I often hear people proclaim that a thick layer of cellulose will seal all of those air leaks below, thus eliminating the need to dig throu…

Started by Bud Poll

14 Dec 7, 2014
Reply by Bpb Farmer

Dual Fuel Systems, at what point do they make sense?

Heat Pump with furnace backup. These make no sense in our area with local NG rates, but they do make sense for LP. Our NG is cheap, but the…

Started by Bob Blanchette

2 Dec 4, 2014
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

Workflow processes

Wondering if you have any experience with workflow programs?  Good ones, bad ones, industry specific?  Pros and cons? Thanks!

Started by Kent Mitchell

1 Dec 4, 2014
Reply by Dmitri A Martin

Solid state lighting - saves lives- and it improves life .

Yet more from the realm of LED lighting-  Many folks are seeing LEDs - it's hard to avoid contact with 'em. A growing proportion of cars u…

Started by Dennis McCarthy

4 Nov 26, 2014
Reply by reflintorm

Any success getting landlords to energy upgrade a single family rental unit?

Any success getting landlords to energy upgrade a single family rental unit?   Multi-family dwelling units aside here.  Single family homes…

Started by Hal Skinner

3 Nov 25, 2014
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Programmable tstat for electric baseboard?

Ok, just want to throw this out there. I live in the high desert, 6800' or so. My house is pretty well insulated, and gets great passive so…

Started by peter chang

4 Nov 22, 2014
Reply by peter chang

How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?

I am asking this as I do not recall anyone speaking of any study to this end.  Many comments about adding insulation under a house with a c…

Started by Hal Skinner

39 Nov 21, 2014
Reply by Tom Mallard

Crawl Encap job critique

Hello All, I'm just looking to the forum to see what you guys think of my crawl encapsulation and if you would have changed anything. Also,…

Started by Jason

0 Nov 20, 2014

Where did you buy your LED lights?

I'm shopping around for LED lights and want to know about your experience if you bought LED lights before. Where did you buy them and why?…

Started by King Rosales

23 Nov 14, 2014
Reply by Dennis Heidner

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion 'YGRENE' super fund for energy upgrade financing
"Thanks Susan.  It is appreciated."
9 hours ago
Adin Maynard commented on Corbett Lunsford's video
Thumbnail

Beyond Blower Doors: Zonal Pressure Testing

"Great video. Your approach of simplifying the reading as X/50 = percent leaking to outside (with…"
11 hours ago
Chris Dorsi posted an event
Thumbnail

2015 Habitat X Summer National Conference at Big Sky Resort

July 21, 2015 to July 23, 2015
The 2015 Habitat X Summer National Conference will take place at Big Sky Resort, just down the road…See More
12 hours ago
Royce Gleason posted a status
"The passion to learn and gain more advanced energy efficiency techniques, news, videos and much more from home energy pros across the globe."
13 hours ago
Profile IconCristy Kraus, Will Tastad, Royce Gleason and 1 more joined Home Energy Pros
15 hours ago
Susan Davison replied to Hal Skinner's discussion 'YGRENE' super fund for energy upgrade financing
"Hal,   With the above questions, let me first state 'let the buyer beware'. All of…"
17 hours ago
Susan Davison replied to Hal Skinner's discussion 'YGRENE' super fund for energy upgrade financing
"Within California, there are multiple PACE programs available to consumers and business…"
17 hours ago
Chris Dorsi added a discussion to the group International Home Performance Forum
Thumbnail

A Proposal for Expanded International Collaboration

This group was formed in conjunction with an article to be published in the May/June issue of Home…See More
17 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service