General Forum (698)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

CAZ Depressurization limits for Oil Burners

Unless I have this wrong, the BPI CAZ depressurization limits and draft calculations are for gas boilers and furnaces.  Up here in New Engl…

Started by Paul Raymer

2 Nov 29, 2010
Reply by Paul Raymer

Energy Loss analysis vs Energy auditing

The task make a home more energy efficient; You could do a comphrehensive test in, fix the problems / do test out with expected results par…

Started by Dennis McCarthy

1 Nov 26, 2010
Reply by A. Tamasin Sterner

What is the R Value of a 2x6 dense packed cellulose wall?

I am reviewing the requirements of the new Maine Uniform Building and Energy Code that goes into effect 12/1/2010.  The required R value fo…

Started by Al Maloney

2 Nov 26, 2010
Reply by Al Maloney

EPA Seeks Public Comment on Draft Environmental Protocols for Home Energy Upgrades

This got buried in a Blog, and I've not quite figured out the difference, so here it is again:     Hello All: With so many HEP participants…

Started by Steve Waclo

0 Nov 24, 2010

Windows: Different Summer and Winter U values?

Anyone ever hear of a window, or unit of insulated glass, as having different winter and summer U values?    This wasn't on an NFRC sticker…

Started by Adam Zielinski

4 Nov 24, 2010
Reply by Adam Zielinski

Ventilation and ERVs--Yellow Flag?

Build it tight AND ventilate right! With tighter building envelopes, getting ventilation right is critical to indoor air quality (IAQ) and…

Started by Tom White

8 Nov 18, 2010
Reply by Al Heath

ENERGY STAR Version 3

Do you work on qualifying homes for ENERGY STAR? If so, what do you think of Version 3? I'm going through a 2-day session in Raleigh this w…

Started by Allison A. Bailes III

8 Nov 16, 2010
Reply by Kyle Brown

Top-10 just launched!

Today TopTen USA announced the launch of its free, Web-based rankings of the 10 most energy-efficient products in a wide range of categorie…

Started by Evan Mills

12 Nov 16, 2010
Reply by Steve Waclo

Multifamily Housing

There are 26 million apartments in the U.S. that house nine million families below the poverty level, and four million elderly households. …

Started by Tom White

1 Nov 15, 2010
Reply by Graeme Nix

Training in the Field - Mobile Training Labs for Building Sciences

I wanted to share this with everyone.  Last week, while doing some training work down in SOCAL, I had the opportunity to check out a really…

Started by Michael Stuart

9 Nov 15, 2010
Reply by Graeme Nix

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Tom Conlon commented on Kurt Shafer's blog post What is your opinion about members promoting products here?
"I just checked the site Guidelines Kurt, and any true "promotions" should be posted in…"
1 hour ago
Tom Conlon posted a discussion

Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?

I just searched this forum for "Whole House Fan", but I didn't find much about them (except …See More
2 hours ago
Richard Beyer replied to Mike Kandel's discussion Our Homes Suck – And That's Why Our Kids Have Sinus Problems
"Don, Thank you for the praise! I only wish that some of these profiteers could answer my questions…"
4 hours ago
Richard Beyer replied to Mike Kandel's discussion Our Homes Suck – And That's Why Our Kids Have Sinus Problems
"Todd, This report (attached link) below on poor people living in subsidized housing show's…"
5 hours ago
Mike Kandel added 4 discussions to the group Building Performance Institute (BPI)
6 hours ago
Mike Kandel posted discussions
6 hours ago
Nate Adams commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post My Energy Upgrade California—The Numbers Are In
"Jim, Glad to help! OK, a touch of soap box. So long as we don't tell people EE is free and…"
7 hours ago
Kurt Shafer commented on Kurt Shafer's blog post What is your opinion about members promoting products here?
"Bob, Good idea. I see that you are a window energy reduction expert. You might consider adding…"
8 hours ago
Robert (Bob) Bacon commented on Kurt Shafer's blog post What is your opinion about members promoting products here?
"Kurt, I would explain what energy/efficiency problem this device solves and explain the science the…"
8 hours ago
Ben Jacobs replied to Mike Kandel's discussion Our Homes Suck – And That's Why Our Kids Have Sinus Problems
"I agree that in many homes the indoor air sucks.  However, a lot of this problem is caused…"
10 hours ago
Kurt Shafer commented on Kurt Shafer's blog post What is your opinion about members promoting products here?
"Tom, thank you for your odd reference to a leaky duck. It is a bit off topic since I was not asking…"
10 hours ago
Tom Delconte commented on Kurt Shafer's blog post What is your opinion about members promoting products here?
"Shameless self promotion here sucks like a leaky duck!"
12 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service