General Forum (794)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

You might be an Energy Auditor if....

While cooking sugar into candy and not being able to locate the thermometer, you instead stand over the pot with your thermal imaging camer…

Started by Elizabeth Guinn

19 Jun 29, 2011
Reply by Timothy DeLuca

Need Solar-v-Weatherization savings comparison graph

Hello all. I'm putting together a presentation on residential weatherization and would like to show a cost/benefit comparison between insta…

Started by Kris Grube

6 Jun 29, 2011
Reply by Tyson Pischel

Zone Pressure Diagnostics Webinar Recording Now Available

Recently, The Energy Conservatory hosted a webinar titled "Zone Pressure Diagnostics for Optimal Air Sealing and Insulation".  This session…

Started by Frank Spevak

1 Jun 29, 2011
Reply by Tyson Pischel

You might be an effective Energy auditor if...

you know your kWh consumption before getting your monthly bill- and you're disappointed if your family's consumption is more then 10 kWhs a…

Started by Dennis McCarthy

0 Jun 18, 2011

Is anyone game for putting together a rebuttal to this article regarding "Green Homes being Unhealthy?"

This article came out on June 8 and deserves a response from DOE and some Home Energy Pros!   Green Buildings Hazardous to Health? Report C…

Started by Powell Smith

10 Jun 17, 2011
Reply by Lorenzo Wyatt

Fannie Mae Energy Improvement Feature, Whither Art Thou?

Late last year Fannie Mae rolled out a new product, its Energy Improvement Feature (EIF).  The EIF replaced the Energy Efficiency Mortgage.…

Started by Gary Kahanak

2 Jun 16, 2011
Reply by Gary Kahanak

Concerns about drill-and-fill cellulose insulation in walls without a vapor barrier

So my Crew Chief asks me the other day about installing dense pack cellulose insulation into walls lacking a vapor barrier.  The majority o…

Started by George Kopf

6 Jun 16, 2011
Reply by Nehemiah Stone

Marketing material

Hi, Anyone knows of a source for marketing templates one can use for the home performance contractor? Thanks

Started by Paul Lasicki

5 Jun 16, 2011
Reply by Jennifer Luitwieler

Prevailing insulation levels - what do you see in the field?

We are implementing smarter defaults in the Home Energy Saver Pro calculator. National surveys like RECS don't have good quantitative infor…

Started by Evan Mills

5 Jun 14, 2011
Reply by Joseph Lamy

Rebate programs for injection foam? Not sure.

The context:  I am from a northern climate municipal electric/natural gas utility.  We provide rebates to customers for various energy effi…

Started by Erin Buchanan

17 Jun 12, 2011
Reply by Erin Buchanan

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Brian Clavette added a discussion to the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
Thumbnail

FLIR i-7 thermal imaging camera

Hi,I have a very lightly used FLIR 1-7 for sale.   i-7, serial # 60101-4267.  Full hard case and…See More
13 hours ago
Don Fitchett commented on Home Energy Magazine's blog post At Home with the Internet of Annoying Things
"True, for the smart consumer, the power savings should offset the additional power usage. For the…"
15 hours ago
Michael Dunseith posted an event

BPI Exams - All at Green Jobs Training Center

March 2, 2015 at 10am to March 31, 2015 at 2pm
Green Jobs Training Center is currently providing written and field exams for all of BPI…See More
15 hours ago
Michael Dunseith posted photos
16 hours ago
Dennis Heidner commented on Home Energy Magazine's blog post At Home with the Internet of Annoying Things
"Nice article. I am an electrical engineer, creating sensors for data collection and "possibly…"
17 hours ago
Chris Hunt commented on Home Energy Magazine's blog post At Home with the Internet of Annoying Things
"Hi Alan, You correctly identified a lot of the potential issues coming with the IOT or the…"
17 hours ago
Nicole Miller joined James Sayers's group
Thumbnail

Marketing Energy Efficiency

Sharing ideas, tools and examples of promoting energy efficiency to consumersSee More
19 hours ago
Avi Yashchin posted a video

CleanEdison: BPI Training

Avi Yashchin's former company, CleanEdison, provided education and training for those seeking clean jobs, These services included Exam Prep for Leadership in...
19 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service