General Forum (718)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Does anyone know of a auditing or rating software currently available for commercial buildings?

I have recently been involved in trying to perform an audit on a commercial building.  To my dismay, Rem Rate is not acceptable even though…

Started by Tom Maides

3 Feb 5, 2011
Reply by dale conner

ISO green kitchen remodels

For the residential remodelers and designers in the room ... Through February on daily5Remodel, we'll be featuring a different remodeled ki…

Started by Leah Thayer

1 Feb 3, 2011
Reply by Brion Battin Black

How do most homeowners pay for energy retrofits?

Other than energy-efficient mortgages (which I understand are still only lightly used), what types of financing mechanisms do most homeowne…

Started by Leah Thayer

7 Feb 2, 2011
Reply by Ian Hoffman

Stopping Air Infiltration at Cable / Phone Line Entry

This is an entry point for cable TV coax, phone lines and a couple of grounds. They exit the basement of this home through a hole drilled i…

Started by John Pitek

2 Jan 29, 2011
Reply by David Eggleton

Design options for conditioned attic retrofit

I have a customer retrofit and want to get some opinions on designing the retro. It is a conditioned attic with batts on roof deck from t…

Started by Craig Bird

3 Jan 27, 2011
Reply by Craig Bird

Quick survey: Does your company perform home-energy audits and/or retrofits?

Greetings, Home Energy Pros. We're conducting a simple survey on daily5Remodel to determine how prevalent home-energy audits and retrofits…

Started by Leah Thayer

0 Jan 27, 2011

Chimney condensation in attic

I have a customer that we dense packed the attic floor of their house and airsealed around the masonry chimney.  The problem is the red bri…

Started by Phil Hanneman

3 Jan 25, 2011
Reply by Steven Lewis

Say Farewell to the 100-Watt Incandescent Lamp. New Lighting Efficiency Rules Take Effect Nationwide January 1, 2012.

How do folks feel about this?   http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=7gxzp6aab&v=001_7pdtf0NbxO25e035S1jMpO0dvsBUNOuW-UIT

Started by Evan Mills

10 Jan 24, 2011
Reply by Dale Sherman

Q: What do Hawaii & West Virginia have in Common?

A: No one from these two states has joined Home Energy Pros. We have members from all other states! As we approach 1000 members, let's try…

Started by Evan Mills

0 Jan 22, 2011

Should BPI Auditors be Infrared Camera certified?

RESNET has set up standards for Infrared Camera certifications for their Raters. The standards are going to go into effect after the 2011 R…

Started by allen p tanner

4 Jan 21, 2011
Reply by Paul Lasicki

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Profile IconVictor Couto, Melvin Calahan, Mike Burton and 1 more joined Home Energy Pros
32 minutes ago
Steven Lewis replied to Christopher Talarico's discussion Heating with Tankless Water Heater & Hydronic Air Handler vs. Gas Furnace
"It looks better on paper than in real life applications.  Both Amana and Lennox came out with…"
17 hours ago
Dennis Heidner replied to Christopher Talarico's discussion Heating with Tankless Water Heater & Hydronic Air Handler vs. Gas Furnace
"Rinnai has application note on how to use their tankless hot water heater with a Rinnai water to…"
yesterday
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"I found the buildingscience article interesting.  Interesting that they noted the wet bottom…"
yesterday
Bud Poll replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"With conduction that ends at the bottom of the joists and convection that is naturally suppressed…"
yesterday
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"Good morning Bud, Took a quick look at the site and a couple others listed on the Yahoo…"
yesterday
Bud Poll replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"Hi Hal, Search "Basecalc basement heat loss".  From memory Canada (nrcan) has/had a…"
yesterday
Michael Dunseith posted photos
Saturday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service