General Forum (782)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Zone Pressure Diagnostics Webinar Recording Now Available

Recently, The Energy Conservatory hosted a webinar titled "Zone Pressure Diagnostics for Optimal Air Sealing and Insulation".  This session…

Started by Frank Spevak

1 Jun 29, 2011
Reply by Tyson Pischel

You might be an effective Energy auditor if...

you know your kWh consumption before getting your monthly bill- and you're disappointed if your family's consumption is more then 10 kWhs a…

Started by Dennis McCarthy

0 Jun 18, 2011

Is anyone game for putting together a rebuttal to this article regarding "Green Homes being Unhealthy?"

This article came out on June 8 and deserves a response from DOE and some Home Energy Pros!   Green Buildings Hazardous to Health? Report C…

Started by Powell Smith

10 Jun 17, 2011
Reply by Lorenzo Wyatt

Fannie Mae Energy Improvement Feature, Whither Art Thou?

Late last year Fannie Mae rolled out a new product, its Energy Improvement Feature (EIF).  The EIF replaced the Energy Efficiency Mortgage.…

Started by Gary Kahanak

2 Jun 16, 2011
Reply by Gary Kahanak

Concerns about drill-and-fill cellulose insulation in walls without a vapor barrier

So my Crew Chief asks me the other day about installing dense pack cellulose insulation into walls lacking a vapor barrier.  The majority o…

Started by George Kopf

6 Jun 16, 2011
Reply by Nehemiah Stone

Marketing material

Hi, Anyone knows of a source for marketing templates one can use for the home performance contractor? Thanks

Started by Paul Lasicki

5 Jun 16, 2011
Reply by Jennifer Luitwieler

Prevailing insulation levels - what do you see in the field?

We are implementing smarter defaults in the Home Energy Saver Pro calculator. National surveys like RECS don't have good quantitative infor…

Started by Evan Mills

5 Jun 14, 2011
Reply by Joseph Lamy

Rebate programs for injection foam? Not sure.

The context:  I am from a northern climate municipal electric/natural gas utility.  We provide rebates to customers for various energy effi…

Started by Erin Buchanan

17 Jun 12, 2011
Reply by Erin Buchanan

Why is Connecticut so behind the country in Building Performance?

This state is so crazy with the energy efficiency issues going on here. As a state, we have the Home Energy Solutions (HES) program sponser…

Started by Gary Baggett

5 Jun 7, 2011
Reply by Lorenzo Wyatt

Homeowner education videos?

Does anyone know of any good homeowner education videos about building performance or house as a system? Energy Star had Steve Thomas do on…

Started by John M

9 Jun 6, 2011
Reply by Carol A. Markell

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Nate Adams's discussion was featured
2 hours ago
Bud Poll replied to Bud Poll's discussion CO poisoning in Yarmouth Maine
"Hi Chad, I sure would like to hear the follow-up on what caused the CO issue down there.  As…"
5 hours ago
Chad Mcaulife replied to Bud Poll's discussion CO poisoning in Yarmouth Maine
"I got a call yesterday from a homeowner who had a direct vent furnace installed a year ago and she…"
6 hours ago
Windzer Pierre-Louis replied to Matthew P's discussion Needed: Gas Detector and CO Detector. What do you recommend?
"Matt, I am new to the industry, less than 6 months. I love the mission of the industry; to bring…"
6 hours ago
Todd Collins replied to Nate Adams's discussion One Knob and the Pain That Inspired It
"Home performance is about comfort and energy savings.  We are working on a document about…"
7 hours ago
tedkidd commented on Shawna Henderson's blog post Sales funnels are funny shaped things
"Nice Venn Diagram. Product sales vs Consultative Solutions sales. We like the Sandler Selling…"
7 hours ago
Andrew Aliferis replied to Patrick Michaelyan's discussion Proper means to "plug" flue pipes after testing gas appliances.
"Patrick, These are what works for the programs I am involved in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. They…"
7 hours ago
Profile IconTravis Thom and Amita Singh joined Home Energy Pros
8 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service