General Forum (851)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Ambient Combustable Gas

I recently audited a home and found my gas leak detector (TIF 8800A) went off when I entered the home.  This was the first time I noticed i…

Started by Dmitri A Martin

6 Jan 6, 2012
Reply by Tom Barrett

New 25e TAX CREDIT BILL - Good or Bad for Biz?

Hey Everyone! Please take a moment and check our the new 25e TAX CREDIT bill and let me know what you think.  http://www.efficiencyfirst.…

Started by Kiaya Schnellmann

8 Jan 5, 2012
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

Vinyl batt to metal frame ware house

I have a strange question that has never come up before.  I have a customer that would like vinyl batts adhered to the wall of a metal fram…

Started by Timothy Renz

3 Jan 4, 2012
Reply by Ed Ballard

Help from other states concerning Combustion Safety Testing.

I'm searching for information from other states that have ammended policies concerning who can do combustion safety testing and the license…

Started by Gary Baggett

10 Dec 29, 2011
Reply by Gary Baggett

Ventilation for Spray Foam retrofit

I have a flat roof home with 3 feet of clearance from attic floor to ceiling. It is 1920 square feet, existing home. The space is unvented,…

Started by Craig Bird

3 Dec 15, 2011
Reply by tedkidd

D.I.Y. Services to Homeowners. Do they make sense?

Here is a scenario:   You are a home performance contractor. Sales are down (slightly or significantly). Homeowners in your area just don't…

Started by Patrick Michaelyan

9 Dec 9, 2011
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

Energy Upgrade California

Does anyone have a good disclosure about NOT hitting your target on the test out ?

Started by Dave Loperena

0 Dec 7, 2011

Energy Prices Will Only Climb, Says One Brazilian Oil Exec

Oil and gas prices are only due to climb, says Petrobas chief.  And that's OUR opportunity to make homes and commercial buildings more ener…

Started by Melissa Baldridge

2 Dec 4, 2011
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

Radiant barrier over blown in insulation

I have seen mold growing under a radiant barrier installed over blown in insulation.  I am looking for any articles, etc.... about this pro…

Started by Rob Wright

21 Nov 28, 2011
Reply by Ed Minch

Before and after leakage tests. What to expect.

Your before-test result is 4000 CFM50. After two days of work, you measure a 21% reduction to 3150 CFM 50. Your after-test is checked using…

Started by Silvie Votrubova

2 Nov 28, 2011
Reply by Silvie Votrubova

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network.

Latest Activity

Profile IconBenney Dornevil, Mike Norvell Sr and Jen Loomis joined Home Energy Pros
23 hours ago
Joanie Minor posted a status
"Home Performance Institute now offers OSHA 10 and Confined Space Classes. Call 203-536-2151 to register."
23 hours ago
Joanie Minor posted a photo
23 hours ago
John Kaye posted a blog post

FREE Home Efficiency & Safety Assessments in the Los Angeles County area.

Since last June I have been qualifying homeowners in the Los Angeles County for the Home Upgrade…See More
yesterday
Eric Kjelshus replied to Rod Fox's discussion Does calcification affect electric water heater aquastat temperature sensor performance?
"Those 240 Volt aquastats shut off and then on kinda quick back on.  The older the tank the…"
yesterday
Rod Fox replied to Rod Fox's discussion Does calcification affect electric water heater aquastat temperature sensor performance?
"Well I'd love to tell you folks I found an answer, but I did not... I went to my…"
yesterday
Rod Fox replied to Kevin Eigel's discussion What is the best energy auditing software?
"I've been trying to answer this question for many years and have not yet found an answer.…"
yesterday
Jerry Lawrence posted events
yesterday

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service