General Forum (894)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Thermostat Wars

Honeywell strikes back at the Nest,and alleges patent infringement on seven counts.  http://slate.me/ywdfSW

Started by Melissa Baldridge

1 Feb 19, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Learning Thermostat

Just installed my first Nest learning thermostat.  Really easy and affordable.  Check it out and let me know what you think: http://www.nes

Started by Classic Residential, Inc.

33 Feb 17, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

Crawlspace (and Spray Foam) from Hell

People always say that Hell is “below”, I just never realized it was right below the floorboards.  We all know how many holes can be drille…

Started by Evan Mills

9 Feb 16, 2012
Reply by Dmitri A Martin

Fix this leakage?

What sort of leakage reduction could I expect if I try to plug all these tiny gaps? This is a typical cathedral ceiling around these parts…

Started by David Meiland

2 Feb 16, 2012
Reply by Bud Poll

ACI has extended Early Bird pricing!

Deadline Extended! ACI has extended Early Bird pricing for an additional 48 hours for the National Home Performance Conference, March 26-30…

Started by Cierra Mooney

0 Feb 14, 2012

Spray Foam Liability

According to the EPA, exposures to spray foam's key ingredient, isocyanates, and other SPF chemicals in vapors, aerosols, and dust during a…

Started by Dmitri A Martin

10 Feb 14, 2012
Reply by Bruce Navin

Is LEED Lip Stick on a Pig?

http://bit.ly/yA52MU Is LEED lip stick on a pig?   I like the concept of LEED however the acronym is probably in need of adjustment that w…

Started by Glen Gallo

6 Feb 10, 2012
Reply by William H Nickerson

ACI is the "Can't Miss" Event of the Year...Agree or Disagree?

As many people here know, the annual ACI conference can be a life-changing--and business changing--event. It is the best darned home energy…

Started by Mike Rogers

1 Feb 7, 2012
Reply by David Eggleton

The end of profits for Auditors/raters

90% of all my new energy audit customers now expect reduced or 'free' service. BPI has sites listing participating contractors who offer fr…

Started by allen p tanner

100 Feb 5, 2012
Reply by Ed Minch

Help Me Program Open Source Energy Software

Austin, TX will be hosting a 48 hr "Code-a-thon"April 14-15, 2012.  The goal is to jumpstart development for non-profits.   I have started…

Started by Joel Greenberg

1 Feb 2, 2012
Reply by Evan Mills

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Jonny Fisher posted a discussion

Used energy equipment for sale (blower door, duct blaster

I've got some used equipment that I need to sell. Let me know if you are interested in any of the…See More
3 hours ago
Joe Quiroz Jr. liked Don Hynek's discussion Superinsulation retrofit is Complete!
7 hours ago
Mick Lane replied to Rob Buchanan's discussion High-use headscratcher
"The geothermal heat pump is the most likely culprit.  The heat pump doesn't make heat it…"
7 hours ago
Mick Lane is now a member of Home Energy Pros
14 hours ago
Empower Efficiency added 2 discussions to the group Job Board
15 hours ago
Tom White's video was featured

A net-zero builders formula for insulating a super energy efficient home

Here is Peter Amerongen's formula for insulating a super energy efficient home.
20 hours ago
Dale@EnergyWright replied to Don Hynek's discussion Superinsulation retrofit is Complete!
"Very nice! I'd like to do the same with my 1885 home. Can you tell us more about foundation…"
yesterday
Colin Genge updated an event
Thumbnail

Measuring HVAC Performance webinar at Online

February 23, 2016 from 11am to 12pm
Learning Objectives:How to measure HVAC total flow.Use your gauge for static pressure and remote…See More
yesterday

© 2016   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service