General Forum (872)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Fix this leakage?

What sort of leakage reduction could I expect if I try to plug all these tiny gaps? This is a typical cathedral ceiling around these parts…

Started by David Meiland

2 Feb 16, 2012
Reply by Bud Poll

ACI has extended Early Bird pricing!

Deadline Extended! ACI has extended Early Bird pricing for an additional 48 hours for the National Home Performance Conference, March 26-30…

Started by Cierra Mooney

0 Feb 14, 2012

Spray Foam Liability

According to the EPA, exposures to spray foam's key ingredient, isocyanates, and other SPF chemicals in vapors, aerosols, and dust during a…

Started by Dmitri A Martin

10 Feb 14, 2012
Reply by Bruce Navin

Is LEED Lip Stick on a Pig? Is LEED lip stick on a pig?   I like the concept of LEED however the acronym is probably in need of adjustment that w…

Started by Glen Gallo

6 Feb 10, 2012
Reply by William H Nickerson

ACI is the "Can't Miss" Event of the Year...Agree or Disagree?

As many people here know, the annual ACI conference can be a life-changing--and business changing--event. It is the best darned home energy…

Started by Mike Rogers

1 Feb 7, 2012
Reply by David Eggleton

The end of profits for Auditors/raters

90% of all my new energy audit customers now expect reduced or 'free' service. BPI has sites listing participating contractors who offer fr…

Started by allen p tanner

100 Feb 5, 2012
Reply by Ed Minch

Help Me Program Open Source Energy Software

Austin, TX will be hosting a 48 hr "Code-a-thon"April 14-15, 2012.  The goal is to jumpstart development for non-profits.   I have started…

Started by Joel Greenberg

1 Feb 2, 2012
Reply by Evan Mills

Capping/air sealing, insulating dropped ceilings

Here in the desert southwest, most of our ducts are in attic spaces. A large majority of those are rigid in dropped ceilings that are open…

Started by Craig Bird

4 Jan 31, 2012
Reply by Ed Minch

Duct Testing

When using the Duct Blaster I have found it necessary to seal the combustion air grilles on the furnace door and flue on an 80% afue gas fu…

Started by Damien Herold

2 Jan 28, 2012
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

Commercial Energy Auditing Software

I'm wondering if any of you Energy Pro's out there have experience with commercial energy auditing software that would include multi-family…

Started by Eric Sperline

2 Jan 27, 2012
Reply by Barry Kroeker

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network.

Latest Activity

David Byrnes's blog post was featured

Top 6 things to watch out for when building a new home and how builders are still cutting corners with energy efficiency

Even though it seems like all the new home builders are touting how energy efficient their homes…See More
30 minutes ago
Diane Chojnowski's discussion was featured

Incentives & financing options for home energy upgrades

DOE's has a useful database of incentives and financing options for home energy…See More
31 minutes ago
Tom White's video was featured

Coping with Comfort Complaints: Top Causes, Investigation Methods, and Solutions

This one-hour webinar features Arlan Burdick and Andrew Poerschke talking about comfort complaints in well-built homes.
3 hours ago
Profile IconBob Lytle, Edward Burns, Nina Baird and 3 more joined Home Energy Pros
3 hours ago
Eric Kjelshus commented on Chris Laumer-Giddens's blog post Sparky Doubled the Air Leakage in this Home!
"What if after the building is sealed and tested.   The trades man would have to reseal all…"
15 hours ago
Colin Genge posted events
16 hours ago
David Downard replied to David Downard's discussion Blower Door for Sale in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"Price is $1700. "
18 hours ago
David Downard added a discussion to the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase

Blower Door for Sale

MINNEAPOLIS BLOWER DOOR Complete system with DG700 Like new, its been used about 6…See More
18 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service